Who played football beyond middle school.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who played football beyond middle school..

PerfectSZN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
FYI---I am new posting to this site, although I have read it for a long time.

I am wondering how many of you posting were ever actually a starter for a football team, middle school on. The reason for asking this is that some people posting really, really seem to know football inside and out. Maybe better than I ever will.

However, some say things here that make me think they never played at all. They know the x's and o's but don't seem to understand team chemistry, etc.

Just curious... not to say someone who never played can't come join me for a beer and cheer on the FINS. And I am sure that they will know all of the facts and figures that I do not study!!

I played highschool football. Wide reciever and safety/ outside linebacker.

I played in High school at QB, I was recruited by division 2 and division 3 schools (almost signed with Gardner Webb in NC) but I found out I had a ankle break that didnt heal correctly, so medical clearence became an issue. I did play NCAA intermurals (sp?) and we had a decent team my Junior year which play at the national flag tourney. Now I just play every Sat. I can with our local tag game. Anyone in the Gainesville area wanting to play, hit me up and I will give ya the details.

I played linebacker for coastal carolina and wake forest. I currently am doing assitant linebacker/defensive back coaching under coaches Lambert and Hood.

I played in Middle School as a DE. I didn't play in High School as I opted to focus on my wrestling ( since I was better at that anyway ). I did play a year of minor league football a few years back for the California . I switched from DE to TE because I have decent hands and they had no TE's. We sucked but it was fun.

I guess I should have said what I played, etc.

I started all 3 yrs of high school, all games and became co-captain my last year. I started at guard (and some FB) and ILB my 1st year, then mainly ILB w/ some FB the next 2 years. I was recruited by some 1AA teams but all were out of state and I decided not to go (mostly $$ reasons b/c they offered only 1/2 scholarships). I went to UCF with plans to walk on my 2nd year but got lazy, plus I figured I was 5'11 ish and wouldn't be able to go further anyway. IF only Zack had been around then...maybe I would have gotten it right and went for it!!! Hel, I played on the same team with guys that went on to 1A and I used to kick their Azzs.

Anyway, this thread wasn't really about all that. It was just b/c of some of the odd comments I viewed on previous visits here. Maybe some of them were just trying to get a rise by saying something stupid. I have been able to figure out who knows football by reading their posts.

Started at Wide Receiver and cornerback in HS. Also returned punts & kicks. I was recruited by a few pretty good D-III schools (Baldwin Wallace, Grove City), but decided to end my career. I still play flag football. Our team won nationals in the 8-on-8 B Division last year down in Orlando. This fall will be my sixth year coaching high school football as well.

I forgot to add that we make the players run laps if they assist their opponent in any way (even in practice). The waterboy does nothing but run laps.

:lol:

I also didn't walk on b/c at the time I only weighed about 205-210lbs. I wasn't sure I could get up to the 230lb range. Now that I am weighing 242lbs due to lifting for so long, I know that the needed playing weight (with speed) 230-235 range would have been a piece of cake to get to.

I forgot to add that we make the players run laps if they assist their opponent in any way (even in practice). The waterboy does nothing but run laps.

That waterboy is going to win a marathon before to long. Either that or you can put him in to return punts near the end of the game...ha ha

i know what u mean perfect, life woulda been a whole lot easier at the 220 i am now as opposed to the 165 i was then lol. i played thru high school, but lost my senior year due to injury. i wonder what the balance is here on this board of ex "jocks" to those who became fans bt never played...anyways, im gonna try and find a good flag league in orlando eventually when i get settled.

i started as an offensive guard and defensive tackle/nosetackle last year on the freshmen team and was the starting defensive nose tackle for the junior varsity, hopefully this year i will get some time at varsity.

By the way, "claytonAndDuper"....love that sig. Here is to hoping Brown becomes an awesome RB. We have needed one for a long time. If we would have had one above average when duper and clayton were playing, we would have won many SB's.

Back
Top Bottom