Who said it X ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who said it X ?

Originally posted by poornate
Are you sure it's not Dawson 39?
positive - last hint - it was guy who was the star of a game ag. us in the playoffs.

It was the final game at Memorial Stadium for the Chiefs, who moved into Arrowhead Stadium the following season, and quarterback Len Dawson will never forget the feeling he had walking off the field.

"I thought that was the best team we ever assembled -- better than the Super Bowl team of 1969," he said. "I was healthy the whole year, [wide receiver] Otis Taylor had a terrific year, Ed Podolak had a tremendous year, and the defense was really the strength of our team.

"I think the significance of that game was that it cost us a Super Bowl ring. I think if we had won that ballgame, we would have gone on and played the Dallas Cowboys, and we had a better chance of beating them than the Miami Dolphins because I think we matched up better with them. That's just my personal opinion."

Dawson might have had a point because the Dolphins, who defeated the defending Super Bowl-champion Baltimore Colts the following week in the AFC title game, went on to lose badly to the Cowboys 24-3 in Super Bowl VI.

Back
Top Bottom