Who says San Fran stays at #1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who says San Fran stays at #1?

Spicy Henne

Active Roster
Reaction score
There's been lots of speculation on here about trading down in the draft, and talking about which players teams may be interested in trading up for.
I think one thing that is being overlooked is the high likelihood of San Fran trading out of the #1 pick.
Everyone seems to assume they'll grab one of Rodgers or Leinart...
No team has more holes to fill than the 49ers, and the QB position isn't their only problem.
San Francisco is in cap hell this year, and as far as I know it'll be an issue next season as well, so I really can't see them picking up a Carson-Palmer-ish sized contract.
Might be hard to get anything for the second pick if San Fran starts dealing theirs.

ghost of marino said:
There's been lots of speculation on here about trading down in the draft, and talking about which players teams may be interested in trading up for.
I think one thing that is being overlooked is the high likelihood of San Fran trading out of the #1 pick.
Everyone seems to assume they'll grab one of Rodgers or Leinart...
No team has more holes to fill than the 49ers, and the QB position isn't their only problem.
San Francisco is in cap hell this year, and as far as I know it'll be an issue next season as well, so I really can't see them picking up a Carson-Palmer-ish sized contract.
Might be hard to get anything for the second pick if San Fran starts dealing theirs.
great point. i actually can see san fran trading down.

maybe dallas will trade with them. doesn't dallas have 2 or 3 first round picks this year?

san fran DEFINITELY doesn't have the $$ to sign first-overall pick personnel...

I hope they do. But they have alot of holes to fill as do the Dolphins.

They just might. It worked the last time they traded down from a top pick because of cap problems. They nabbed Julian Peterson & Ahmed Plummer.

We assume it's a bad thing, but it might just be a good thing. Imagine if San Francisco just wants to get an extra pick out of their draft along with getting one of the first two QBs: they might demand that somebody trade up to our pick and then trade our pick and other considerations for their choice.

Back
Top Bottom