who should be our #3 wr? ward or mcknight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who should be our #3 wr? ward or mcknight

J

jd13

with wanny naming chambers and gadsden as the starters who should be the #3wr...i think if ward is healthy than he should be our #3...he was hurt for most of last season but had some really clutch catches for us...mcknight has a little more speed than ward but ward has better hands...what do you guys think???...

McKnight. He's open more. Just throw the ball to him and he won't drop it. But he's not much for the acrobatic catch. But he usually has alot of separation. Marino would have made Mcknight a 1000 yd receiver easy.

Even Marino couldnt throw and catch the ball for his recievers!!! McKnight has talent, but Ward is more of a clutch guy. Ward should be #3 then when he gets hurt again which he probably will, then McKnight is there to be #3...or even if OG gets hurt, which he probably will too...then McKnight can be #2...

McKnight's got too much versatility in terms of route running and speed to be wasted as the 4th WR in this offense (who doesn't even play close to the amount of time the 4th WR did in Gailey's offense). I'm as disappointed as anyone to hear about his drop problems in camp...and I think we most definitely saw it last year...however I say give it more time. He could just need to get into a comfort zone again. I'll close by saying that in Dallas when he had a good season playing in Galloways and Ismail's relief, he was not known for drops and had a drop-per-thrown-at percentage that was in the lower end among starting WRs. Some guys need to get a little more comfy I guess and that might go for him.

ward is a clutch guy, always has been. burned us often as a jet. lets not forget, he played HUGE roles in wins over oakland and buffalo. 4th and 4 vs oakland, he made the grab inside of 2 minutes while triple teamed. 4th and 14 vs buff, down by 10 in the 4th quarter. he kept that key drive alive. mcknight is a dropper and a fumbler, but his speed and willingness to go over the middle make him a perfect 4th reciever

i hate mcknight..... he is the reason we lost to the jets in ny last year and other games..... I hope we waive him and have simmons as our 4th guy...... seriously :)

Hell out of our top 4 wr's 3 are coming back from injury...and 2(ward and OG) are really prone to more injuries, and the only one here through entire camps was McDrops!!! Maybe practice doesnt make perfect!!! Still cant afford to cut him, Ward and OG are not likely to make it through an entire nfl season.

I am still wondering about Wards foot. I know the doctor cleared him, but the damned doctors cleared OJ McDuffie too.

I think McKnight will get his hands back, at least I hope so.

Ward is a solid 3rd receiver, just not any more than that.

Calm Down guys, I was just saying that, because he failed in the 2 spot. No offense meant.

Originally posted by jd13
with wanny naming chambers and gadsden as the starters who should be the #3wr...i think if ward is healthy than he should be our #3...he was hurt for most of last season but had some really clutch catches for us...mcknight has a little more speed than ward but ward has better hands...what do you guys think???...

McKnight makes way too much money to be the #4 guy. But dropping him from the lineup make this Wr corp look at lot less frightening IMO, he is great after the catch, and is a definite threat at the LOS.

So expect him penciled in at the 3 slot, but sharing the 2 with OG.

BUT if we're at home in a close game, it's the fourth quarter, and he drops a crucial pass I'll be the fan running onto the field (remember the WaterBoy when Sandler was looking for #62?). I'll be looking for #80

He's very good at the LOS running after the catch he can shake and bake with the best of them. His talents will be used I believe and his weaknesses covered up.

Norv made Albert Connell look pretty good, and what Albert Connell is a whole bunch of speed, crappy hands, and a whole lot of attitude.

McDrops is a whole lot of speed, crappy hands, and a very good attitude.

Ward if you will remember is known for his speed. He is 4 hundreths of a second slower than McDrops in a 40 and is a bit stronger than McDrops even though smaller.

McKnight is not a good receiver. Ward is not a great WR. I'd rather have a not great WR, than a not good WR.

Back
Top Bottom