Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Ford

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Scott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroo

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
Ford. His route running is so clean and that means reliability in this offense.

Ford makes it imo. Owusu should be safe clearing waivers for the PS.

Which one is better on ST? 6th WR has to be ST

Well Carroo was basically not activated when he had a chance because they said he was struggling there.

Scott again is hurt- im not sure between the other 2 probably Ford.

I am starting to think they cut all of them and PS what they can. They roll with 5.

5 WR, 4 RB and likely 4 TEs.

2 QB

Miami is gonna have to hold on to extra bodies on the OL to start the year as well due to injury. Not sure if they are ready to IR Brendal or Larsen if they are close, they could just inactive them for a week or two. I believe there is a significant drop off from the top 8 so that is why IR is not gonna happen (again in less these injuries are severe to where they need 6 to 8 weeks)

My guess would be they initially hold 11 on the OL. With Young, Larsen, Brendal, Sterup (or Smith), Asiata and Matthews all being kept early on.

That’s 26 on offense week 1 . . . And 24 on defense with a dline that is gonna have to cut options like Malveaux and Woodard.

9 on DL still stands. No room for Langford and hopefully we can PS those 2 DEs.

Leaving 15 for the back 7 and tough decisions on special teams guys like Lucas.

Just no room for a 6th WR.

I am starting to think they cut all of them and PS what they can. They roll with 5.

5 WR, 4 RB and likely 4 TEs.

2 QB

Miami is gonna have to hold on to extra bodies on the OL to start the year as well due to injury. Not sure if they are ready to IR Brendal or Larsen if they are close, they could just inactive them for a week or two. I believe there is a significant drop off from the top 8 so that is why IR is not gonna happen (again in less these injuries are severe to where they need 6 to 8 weeks)

My guess would be they initially hold 11 on the OL. With Young, Larsen, Brendal, Sterup (or Smith), Asiata and Matthews all being kept early on.

That’s 26 on offense week 1 . . . And 24 on defense with a dline that is gonna have to cut options like Malveaux and Woodard.

9 on DL still stands. No room for Langford and hopefully we can PS those 2 DEs.

Leaving 15 for the back 7 and tough decisions on special teams guys like Lucas.

Just no room for a 6th WR.

With the injury to Parker and Grant in concussion prototcol, they need 6 receivers to start the season.
I think they go with Ford.
Although he is eligible for PS, I don't think he would make it through waivers.

Ford looks like an NFL product. Finds a way to get open. Presents to the QB well. Catches the pig. Plays smart.

Do peeps realize the kid is fairly tall? 6-2 runs like fo-six.

The Owusu kid has definitely showed well... Hope we can stash on PS.

With the injury to Parker and Grant in concussion prototcol, they need 6 receivers to start the season.

Well I think kdawg has it right. PS what you can at WR - grant probably can be back for the opener and maybe Parker.

If not someone should be back week 2 and so on. I don’t want to have to cut another good player just to keep that WR that hasnt earned it because of an injury at the position.

I think we will be alright for week 1 either way in the WR department- those other guys wont make a difference.

The staff also has a better read on the grant parker timetable then us as well so actions may tell us more.

It’s dicey, but with 4 RB (all good pass catchers) and 4 TEs, I don’t believe it’s a dire situation. Plus I would expect Grant to be cleared soon and Parker will likely resume catching next week. PS still would allow for elevation if needed.

There just is only so much room. Also Miami could get crafty and keep a 6th early and release closer to the end of the week knowing teams are unlikely to roster drop and pickup, then they can stash him on the PS.

Owusu has done well but a 6th WR has to play ST's and that's how he'd have to make the team. None of them is the clear choice and we could bring a guy after the cuts tbh. I do believe they'll caryy 6 at least for now with Parker and Grant down at the moment.

ATL wide receivers were garbage last night, so I think they could pounce on a Dolphins WR cut and roster him.

So I do worry about them when it comes to poaching Ford or Owusu.

Agree with most of this but #2 on your list should be Parker, even though he hasn't lived up to it yet/ever

I don't agree on Parker having the most upside.

Parker is actually limited by his lack of physical quickness in short area, and poor leaping skills (unless he is in rhythm, expecting it, and has to make zero adjustments for the ball). Flat-footed and contested, he disappears and sometimes doesn't even make an effort. His lack of quickness in and out of breaks means that his excellent areas of the route tree are more narrow. He was advertised out of the box as the potential complete 1 WR. He's not that, and not anything against him. He just has a narrow range of what he does really well. Not overly fast. Not overly quick. Doesn't play exceptionally big. Not great and consistent separation. Really good at a few routes. But mostly doesn't play at 100 percent. Always injured and letting that affect his performance.

Take someone like Owusu (who is really working on his game with a desire to be good) and give him half of Parker's snaps and development time, and what would you have? Maybe someone more consistent, who can run the whole route tree with dominance.

That's what you look for in a 1 WR, imo.

Parker is good, and you want him on your team if he's healthy. But to say he's great, with best upside on team -- not quite, imo.

LD

Back
Top Bottom