Who should be the fins first round pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be the fins first round pick?

Who should be the fins first rounder?

• A. Gurode

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • D. Foster

• W. green

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • L. Gordon

• D. Freeny

• TJ Duckett

• M. Willams

• T. Fonoti

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Other

• Trade down

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Fonoti...

he's simply to too good as a run blocker to let him go...but i like Gurode too!!!

Althought OG are rarely pick in the 1st round, i see us taking one of these 2 if they're available.... With Dixon future's in doubt, Perry's so-so season and no potential backups (Irwin was left unprotected for the expension draft..), we need someone there right now.

Sites run by joe smo's think he'll be taken real early, same with Lito Sheppard. But the real experts say they'll both fall.

hum?

i'd be very surprise if neither one of Gurode and Fonoti is available when we pick... i think we have a pretty good chance to have one of these 2

you never know who we will take even if they are availible and i will be willing to bet that trading down is the approach we will use which will not be all that bad

Originally posted by SMadison29
Ice Blizzard we have pick 25 not 23.

Mike Williams will not fall that far. OT-Mike Pearson is our pick.

How is that possible if eight team made it further than us in the playoffs and we had the best record for a team that lost in the first round. The order should be:

23. Miami
24. Baltimore
25. Oakland
26. Green Bay
27. Chicago
28. Philadelphia
29. Pittsburgh
30. ???????
31. ???????

GOING TO BE RB OR TACKLE...

I THINK SPEILMAN IS LOOKING AT GREEN, GORDON, FOSTER, AND DUCKETT. TRADING FOR RICKY WILLIAMS IS ALSO GOING TO BE EXPLORED. GIVING UP OUR 27TH PICK FOR WILLIAMS IS OK WITH ME. ALSO..I HEAR THAT SPIELMAN IS HIGH ON OT TERRANCE METCALF...AND LB...NAPOLEAN HARRIS. IF YOU GUYS KNOW MORE ABOUT METCALF AND HARRIS..PLEASE POST.
DCH

This is what draftbook says?

Overall: 7.6
Strengths: Experienced three-year starter. Very productive over his collegiate career. Powerful interior player. Plays with strong base and matches up well inside the box against the run. Likes to step up and attack the line of scrimmage against the run. Good burst and acceleration when breaking on the ball. Shows good footwork and makes plays on the move in transition. Strong overall skills. Weaknesses: Diagnose skills need improvement. Must read and react to plays better. A quarter-count slow breaking on the ball at times. Needs to become more of a student of the position. Bottom line: Harris is a solid all-around outside linebacker. He has an impressive combination of size and speed. He shows the ability to compete in all phases of the game. Harris has the size and strength to play inside the box and attack the line of scrimmage against the run. He also has the speed and agility to play off the line of scrimmage and search and flow throughout the zone. The rangy Harris works well on the move in transition, but must improve his diagnose skills to perform in the NFL.

This is what draft book says.

Overall: 6.9
Strengths: Is a massive, strong mauler as a run blocker. Is physical at the point of attack and dominated most one-on-one matchups at the college level. Really improved in pass protection as a senior, blocking QB Eli Manning's blindside at left tackle. Did not allow a sack as a senior and shows very good hand punch and wingspan on the outside. Shows good leg drive as a run blocker. Explodes off the snap and has some pop at the point of attack. Will move the pile and when he can lock onto a defender it's over. Does a good job of staying low to the ground and getting into the body of the opposition. Weaknesses: Doesn't have the quickness or feet of an outside player. Tends to look a bit sluggish at times. Needs to work on taking better angles. Lacks quickness to handle the faster defensive ends off the edge; is a much better fit inside. Has trouble adjusting to defenders' multiple moves in pass protection. Will lunge at times and has a tendency to dip his head. Biggest problems come, however, when he plays too high. Bottom line: Metcalf started out his career as a guard, but team needs forced a move to left tackle. He is best suited to play inside in the NFL as he is a better run blocker than pass protector. He rarely was beaten for sacks at Ole Miss -- just one since 1999 - but he lacks the feet and consistent leverage to play outside in the NFL. He should, however, develop into an inside force in both the running and passing games at the next level.

This is ****ed up, everyone is hearing something different from all these different sources, so lets just assume we pick between 23-27 for now.

This is the scenario I would like to see for us.....

As much as I would like to see us draft a T.J. Ducket, Willie Green, or DeShaun Foster I hope this doesn't happen even though I like all three of those backs. I'm hoping we pick up free agent MICHAEL PITTMAN of the AZ. Cardinals and draft a run blocking guard like Fonoti, Gurode, or Metcalf.

Back
Top Bottom