Who Should New Head Coach Target To Be Offensive Coordinator? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Should New Head Coach Target To Be Offensive Coordinator?

preferably someone who doesn't call 2 yard pass plays and screens all the time. When was the last time the Dolphins had a QB throwing for 300 yards a game like the Saints do?

Jeremy Bates was horrible. He was Jets OC. Johnny Morton before him.

Back to Murray- Wilson was considered a reach by Seattle at time. He was probably 4.5-4.6 guy. More polished passer not as elusive I would say.
Redzone and injury factors are my Murray concerns.

Oh no he’s plenty fast enough that’s not a concern. I just think he might be more jitterbug than top end speed.

Like I’d be surprised if he drops in the 4.4s but I also may be mis reading it I suppose.

His hands don’t look huge for his size either so that might be an issue. But he spins the ball well so maybe not. Something in the 8s would make me nervous

Last edited:
I was curious to see what Seattle fans think of Bevell and I've done a bit of reading and it seems like Seattle fans really didn't think much of him. I've seen a lot of Seahawks fans putting the success of the Seattle run game down to Tom Cable.

That is putting it mildly. Extremely mildly. Bevell was often hated by Seattle fans. Among all other teams I sample their forums second behind Dolphins forums. I couldn't disagree with the criticism of Bevell. I thought he really held that team back when Wilson was at his peak and they still had Lynch. The opposing defense would be softened and reeling yet Bevell would get overly cautious. He's got a tremendously mobile and accurate play action passer yet far too often Bevell would hit a big play and then settle for run...run...fail...field goal. I'd sample Seahawks forums during live action and they would be going nuts.

It is still too much of a tendency even with Bevell gone. Last week at Dallas the Seahawk offense struggled early then Wilson hit two quick deep roll action throws, the second one down to about the Dallas 15. I'm thinking....this is exactly the situation where they should do it again. A touchdown is so massive compared to a field goal in a game like that. Basically the difference between winning and losing. But sure enough, Seattle reverted to Darrell Bevell mode and ran twice meaninglessly into the middle. The drive ended in a harmless field goal.

I think first down play action is underutilized in the league as a rule, but particularly with Russell Wilson.

I'll keep nominating Joe Rudolph until he signs somewhere, or stays with Wisconsin. I think he is easily the most undervalued name out there. Power based but tons of shifting and creativity out of those power formations. He serves as combination offensive line coach/offensive coordinator for the Badgers and has been credited with developing many lower rated recruits into legitimate star offensive linemen.

I have suggested him for USC or Alabama but a pro job seems ideal also. However, the Temple athletic department is extremely sharp and always has a feel for undervalued assistants. They interviewed Rudolph yesterday for the vacant head coaching position.

Its not going to be some crazy accomplished guy likely. I am also very interested in who is the OLINE coach. I am so ****ing sick of seeing us field pathetic *** olines.

I agree to an extent but the Oline coach doesn’t put the roster together. He doesn’t sign Young and Davis. He coaches them and those two guys aren’t NFL quality backups much less starters. I’m even of the thought that J James is below average.

Back
Top Bottom