Who should the Dolphins Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should the Dolphins Draft?

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
The Dolphins 2008 season creates an illusion that the Dolphins don't have a lot of glaring needs and ready to make a run but trust me there is plenty of work to be done and if you don't trust me, trust Bill Parcells. Those needs I have ranked in the following order-Outside Linebacker, Cornerback, Free Safety, Center, and Wide Receiver. In Round 1 there should be plently of options to fill this needs which include Max Unger, an absolute mauler with an attitude who can play any position along the line expect Left Tackle; Hakeem Nicks who is being over-looked as the 3rd best receiver in this draft but watching this kid and I can tell you that Heyward-Bey and Harvin couldn't even handle this kids' jock. He runs pristine routes and while he doesn't have blazing speed he absolutly gets open and his hands have a resume of their own. There is Larry English who is the small school defensive end/outside linebacker hybrid in the Demarcus Ware mold that Parcells covets. English is my #1 choice and if he falls to pick #44 and we don't pick him I might become a Texans fan or something. English plays with an extremely high motor and can get to the Quarterback as well as anybody in this draft. You talk about a rookie walking into an ideal situation could you imagine a monster such as English playing opposite of Joey Porter? Organized havock. Clint Sintim is another pass-rushing Outside Linebacker who was born to play in an NFL 3-4 defense. He is a vocal leaders who plays off pure intensity. Duke Robinson is a player we should avoid because in our system he would only play Right Guard due to his poor footwork and we already have a young stud in Donald Thomas.

I would like to see who we target via free agency . I think we are going to lock-up Vernon Carey and Yerememiah Bell without a question. I think Channing Crowder might be retained as well; Resigning Crowder does not eliminate the thought of Bart Scott in Miami because having Bart and Channing Inside is much better than Channing and Akin. Chris Canty, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Jason Brown are some other names I have heard thrown around. I wish Nnamdi Asomugha could somehow come to South beach but very unlikely.

Round 2 is going to be this teams' money round. First round talent such as William Moore, Alex Mack, Antoine Caldwell, Alphonso Smith, Clay Matthews Jr. etc might fall and the Dolphins be ready. I could not see a better Day One than Larry English at #25, Alex Mack at #44, William Moore at #57. A lot of people will say no way William Moore falls that low. I say no safety goes in Round 1 and then it goes Louis Delmas, Rashad Johnson, Patrick Chung, than William Moore.

It's early to tell who will rise and fall for Day 2 of the NFL Draft but some names to keep an eye on are..Brandon Gibson (Wide Receiver,Washington State), Brian Robiskie (Wide Receiver, Ohio State), Domonique Johnson (Cornerback, Jackson State), Kevin Barnes (Cornerback, Maryland), Chris Baker (Defensive Tackle, Hampton). Kaluka Maiva (Linebacker, USC), Coye Francies (Cornerback,San Jose State)

I will continue with my Position grades tomorrow and do Offensive Line and Tight as a whole. This weekend I spent most of it on the coach with a hangover that would give Roebrt Downey some trouble. Until then...

Driscoll Out

Hey Driscoll,did you watch the NC Game between Florida&Oklahoma? cause if you did,then you saw the Sooners RB going up Robinsons back for 8-10 yards a pop against Florida's defense...that mauling LG helped open major holes on the Left side...now imagine him next to Jake Long,and tell me you wouldn't LOVE to see Pro Bowl LT Jake Long,and possible Pro Bowl LG Duke Robinson side by side opening canyons up for our RB's to run through all day long,as well as give whichever Chad is in there all day to throw the ball....

i like the reciever from UNC we should get him #1
But in order to get him we need to sign Dansby
2nd round work on secondary

i like the reciever from UNC we should get him #1
But in order to get him we need to sign Dansby
2nd round work on secondary

there are other players on the team other than skill players that need work, u no that right, all of your posts lead me to believe that you dont.

Someone who can immediately help this team. Depending on who is available there are a bunch of different scenarios who we could draft...I feel like MLB is going to be the choice, especially if we dont resign crowder

The Dolphins are in an unusual situation for an 11-5 team in that they have an awful lot of holes to plug. But there are a lot of good prospects at positions of need that could fall to them. Given that, they may almost be able to just take BPA at #25.

At the moment, I'd love to grab Peria Jerry at that spot. What do you guys think about him?

Back
Top Bottom