Who speaks Nike Jersey gibberish? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who speaks Nike Jersey gibberish?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time, you could order two types of jerseys. Replica and Authentic. It wasn't complicated. Replica was what you'd buy if you were on a budget or on the fence about a player who might be cut or traded. I was smart enough to buy a Ricky navy replica jersey. When he quit it lined the cat litter box. Authentic was a normal sized version with real numbers and logos stitched on.

Now we are in the Nike world. I want to buy a jersey and I see this: http://www.nflshop.com/Miami_Dolphins_Jerseys

So now we have elite, game, limited and proline? What is this wackiness? Which one is now authentic? Who has an NFL jersey? Do you like it?

It's quite simple. Go by the price. The most expensive is the authentic (around $350), the cheapest is the replica ($100). In between is a mix of the two. Good luck. The $100 jerseys aren't bad for the quality.

Its really no different than reebok, where have you been the last 13 years? Haha

Reebok had a replica, premier, authentic
Nike has the game, limited, elite.

Same exact thing except nikes jerseys are WAY nicer.

Just get the $100. They are pretty damn nice. Much better than Reebok. I just ordered a Landry one. Also if you get the NFL Extra Points credit card you get 20% off all NFL shop orders. Got a cool Dolphins card last week.

Just get the $100. They are pretty damn nice. Much better than Reebok. I just ordered a Landry one. Also if you get the NFL Extra Points credit card you get 20% off all NFL shop orders. Got a cool Dolphins card last week.

I feel the opposite. I like how Reebok felt much more than the way Nike makes them today. I love Nike but don't like the material they use.

Just don't get a Jersey that isn't 100% stitched. Screen printed doesn't last for ****.

Its really no different than reebok, where have you been the last 13 years? Haha

Reebok had a replica, premier, authentic
Nike has the game, limited, elite.

Same exact thing except nikes jerseys are WAY nicer.

Nike's titles for their jersey's is confusing. A "game" jersey should be an authentic on-field jersey, not that garbage they peddle for $100. I had a team-issued Nike jersey. I can see why players complain about them (actually, it's mostly equipment managers that complain about them). That said, the authentic nike jersey from 13 years ago were quality pieces. I have two Nike on-field (authentic--as in the older stitched jerseys) jerseys with no numbers on names sewn on. I am selling one of them for $50 if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom