Who to draft?

Fins should draft @ 3?

• Total voters

mk613

Scout Team
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Alright who do ya all think the Fins should draft @ 3

Yes. An elite offensive line would certainly be a terrible thing for this team... Like... Was this a serious comment?

Assuming the Jaguars and Jets go the expected route, and use their picks on a QB, Miami essentially has the first pick in the draft. We have the whole board to find a superstar.

Other than the WR and RB positions, you can look at every position group on this team and say that group is either average or solid, but none are spectacular. We don’t have a single player on offense that gets talked about as a dangerous matchup. Nobody is scared to play our offense. Nobody is double covered. Nobody is getting run over or run around by our RBs.

I don’t want to hear the talk of if we should trade back. I’m tired of acquiring all these draft picks to solidify our depth. We were given an absolute gift from the football gods with this pick. I understand that Sewell is the best OT prospect in a while, but quality OL can be found at 18 or even on day 2. We need to find the spectacular players, and that’s what Smith is.

At this point, I have no clue, still a fan of screwing some team for a huge haul to trade back but if we stayed at 3, I began by favouring Sewell but Smith year in total has me questioning how we can pass on what appears to be such a perfect fit. The way the season ended highlighted further how lacking we are in play makers and I not sure taking Sewell is the most sensible thing to do despite his talent. I still like Chase a lot also, so not discounting him from #3. What I definitely don't want to see is us taking Micah Parsons or a QB ! But I wouldn't rule out the FO doing the former the latter is surely unlikely.

IMO, on a pure talent basis, Lawrence, Sewell, Smith, Chase and Parsons are the best football players in this draft. Positional value aside, I think a reasonable argument could be made for any of these guys as the best football players in the draft. When you add in "need" and "fit" for Miami, I have Smith as the guy we should pick.

I posted this before. Who was more important to the success of those Dolphin teams with Dan Marino, Richmond Webb or Mark Clayton?

I think it's easy to say Clayton, but a tackle of that caliber gives the quarterback more time to throw, the receiver more time to get open. Seconds matter in the NFL.

But I think to maximize the draft, Grier likely trades down. The fact that three potential franchise quarterbacks are out there, means Miami should have significant offers.

Without a trade down, I think it is between Smith and Sewell. Smith is obviously more of a need. Sewell likely gives the Dolphins a top 10 offensive line, but requires moving people around on the line.

Let's see who is available in free agency on march 17th. We need 2 receivers , a #1 Rb , and another offensive lineman. I must admit a offensive line of Sewell at lt, kindley at lg, karras at c, hunt and Jackson on the right side would be a monstrous oline

Sewell makes our offensive line elite. Smith makes our wide receivers average.

Sewell only makes our line elite if LG and C are also elite. The quality of the OL is dependent on the weakest link. Sewell obviously makes our OL stronger but elite will depend on more than just him. WR is a more individual position. An individual receiver can take over a game as we saw with Parker and Gesicki in stretches. Unfortunately, those stretches weren't frequent or long enough.

The question is do you need your OL to be Elite?

I would prefer a B+ OL paired with more talent at WR/RB than an A+ Ol with lesser talent at the skill positions.

I think Tua is going to be really good, but I am not sure he will elevate the skill guys around him.

Back
Top Bottom