• Total voters
If I keep the picks we have without trades, I go
1. Sewell
2. Best WR
3. Wyatt Davis OG
4. Landon Dickerson OC
5. Best WR
6, 7, 8 best HB, DT, S, or LB

I know most people will hate that. But it fixes our weakest unit and makes the other better. The offensive line was ranked 29 and really needs help. Sure some of the young men will get better, but I fix that **** asap! Good O line makes the whole offense better.

In the AFC you have to score to beat the Bills and Chiefs. Who is going to be more impact scoring Sewell or Smith?
Not sure I like playing in Buffalo in December with a 170 pound WR. In fact I’d rather have Sewell opening up holes for Najee and a large WR like Bateman or Marshall.

If Sewell is truly elite and you don’t miscast him and that’s key he’s gonna elevate your entire unit

the key though is he has to be pro elite

I know for a fact that the colts oline went to an entirely different level once Quentin Nelson showed up to anchor the ship I know for a fact the Dallas oline did the same with zach Martin once he showed up hell even free agent add Andrew whitworth to the Rams took that entire oline to another level

If somethings truly elite it’s gonna elevate you and guys like Zach Martin and Quentin Nelson and Brandon scherf even validate top 5 picks

OK, question then. Leatherwood - is he a tackle or a guard, and is he worth the 18th pick?
He's versatility is a huge plus. I think he could play tackle or guard. As far as the 18th pick goes, I think Leatherwood is probably somewhere in that range.

I find the mock draft simulator's just give too rosy a view. In trades and how far down players are available. I wish....

Lots of “can’t miss” OL prospects are busts. We actually have one on our team in Erek Flowers.
Sewell also has only played 1.5 years of college ball and will go 1.5 years without playing in a game before he takes the field in the NFL. Sewell isn’t a sure thing.
Good points but when Sewell was a sophomore he was the Outland Trophy Winner, beating out many upperclassmen for the honor, including 5th year seniors, he got a Heisman vote, that time off if spent working on his body could be viewed as a plus because its not like he is rehabbing an injury but putting less wear and tear on his body, he is being called "generational". I do not see on WR in this draft that is being mentioned as "generational", this is a very deep WR class. The gap between Sewell and the next OL is immense. The gap between Chase, Smith and Waddle? That is a tossup depending on who you talk to.

Hey trust me I am the last guy to want big uglies, this franchise frustrates me by never getting good skill players but we are in rare air at 3 and can have the best of the best. Probably not a wrong answer as any one of Smith, Sewell, Chase or Parsons makes me happy.

Smith, ideally with an extra 2nd rounder from a trade down a few spots. It looks like there will be a lot of 2nd round talent this year.

BUT we need to upgrade the Oline regardless if we pass on Sewell. One in FA and one in the draft.

I'd like to hear a bit more on the idea that a mock draft simulator provides 'too rosy of a view'.

I mean... how? When one player moves up, others move down. If (say) WRs move down, then CBs move up... and isn't this just a 'rosy' thing if the group you, personally, are interested in moves down?

If the statement would have been... Simulators tend to undervalue the position where we have needs... then I could go with you. Or if you said, "teams looking to trade down seem to get too many offers", then maybe I could agree... but the draft as a whole is a zero-sum game. One group just CAN'T rise or fall without affecting all of the others.

I will say, with Urban at JAX and a new HC at JETS....

There is a real possibility Trevor Lawrence can now be had @ #2 or by trading into #1.

If Meyer takes Fields and the Jets decide to give Darnold one more look or trade out for a bunch of picks..... things get interesting.

At the very least, I think we are in a prime position to pick the top non-QB or sniff at a chance at T Lawrence.

I'll roll with Tua or Lawrence. But from a possibilities perspective, this draft could get interesting

I'd like to hear a bit more on the idea that a mock draft simulator provides 'too rosy of a view'.

I mean... how? When one player moves up, others move down. If (say) WRs move down, then CBs move up... and isn't this just a 'rosy' thing if the group you, personally, are interested in moves down?

If the statement would have been... Simulators tend to undervalue the position where we have needs... then I could go with you. Or if you said, "teams looking to trade down seem to get too many offers", then maybe I could agree... but the draft as a whole is a zero-sum game. One group just CAN'T rise or fall without affecting all of the others.
Well the trade down offers are not zero sum, and are too numerous and typically too generous. In terms of the draft choices, the simulator makes choices that are worse than most consensus, leaving "better" prospects available in later (sometimes much later) slots.

Of course no one knows until 2-3 years after the draft anything for real, so any rankings, scouting reports, mocks, this whole board, etc are just guesses. But to the extent we do know, these simulators give too rosy options.

Trade with SF. Address Edge and WR depth in FA

mock smith.PNG

No trades. Last two are flex. Address Edge, DT, S, in FA

da draft.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom