Who to Root Against Each Week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who to Root Against Each Week

stiza_007

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know its early, but I feel like we should have a weekly thread of who to root for each week to enhance the Dolphins chances of a post-season appearance.
I feel as if the Chargers, Titans and of course Chiefs, Jags, Raiders etc are too far behind/won't be in contention down the stretch.
New England, Texans Denver will probably win their divisions.
Our main competition to be:

Indy (Beating them this week would be HUGE for tiebreaker)
Steelers. (play Giants this week)
Ravens. (play Browns this week)
Bengals. (play Broncos this week)

If we root against the team the Phins are playing against then we should be good. :)

Root against the Bears. We have one of their draft picks.

We only need to root against the team we are playing and the Pats.

Its still too early to start all of that stuff. Besides, if you look at the standings, nobody is really in our way. We just have to keep winning.

Also, if we start rooting against the teams not in our division that are ahead of us, that would mean that other teams will be finding their way back into the mix. Were currently in position. Aside from rooting against the Pats, were almost better off rooting against the teams behind us so that they stay that way.

Always root against the Colts, Bears and Cowboys this year because we have extra draft picks from them.

I also always root against the Patriots, Jets and Bills unless they are meeting head to head. Then I pick the team that helps Miami the most(though I NEVER root for the Jets).

As for the playoff race, you probably should also root against the Steelers, Chargers and Broncos.

You forgot the patriots, there isnt any reason why we should be discounted from the division title race. We win on sunday and were tied.

Always root against the Colts, Bears and Cowboys this year because we have extra draft picks from them.

I also always root against the Patriots, Jets and Bills unless they are meeting head to head. Then I pick the team that helps Miami the most(though I NEVER root for the Jets).

As for the playoff race, you probably should also root against the Steelers, Chargers and Broncos.

At this point, like WV said, we're pretty much better off to hope the Broncos keep getting conference wins because they are winning their division regardless. Im not sure theres a better team in the AFC now. May as well let them **** up some other teams conference records for tie-breakers.

Don't forget to always root for an NFC team over an AFC team. (Unless you are worried about draft position with acquired picks)

P.S. Those charts linked above are like a riddle wrapped in an enigma, wtf do all those numbers even mean?

I know its early, but I feel like we should have a weekly thread of who to root for each week to enhance the Dolphins chances of a post-season appearance.
I feel as if the Chargers, Titans and of course Chiefs, Jags, Raiders etc are too far behind/won't be in contention down the stretch.
New England, Texans Denver will probably win their divisions.
Our main competition to be:

Indy (Beating them this week would be HUGE for tiebreaker)
Steelers. (play Giants this week)
Ravens. (play Browns this week)
Bengals. (play Broncos this week)

root for the following

Miami over Indy (Beating them this week would be HUGE for tiebreaker)
Giants over Steelers. (gives us a game lead over them for wildcard)
Browns over Ravens. (gives us to a chance to overtake them as #2 seed if we somehow win Division over NE)
Bengals over Broncos (gives us to a chance to overtake them as #2 seed if we somehow win Division over NE) Bengals already game behind us and we have tiebreaker 1 1/2 games

fins is right. root against whoever is in our way or closest to being in our way for the #2 seed. and i always want the jets, pats, steelers & raiders to lose.

While we can't improve our playoff position (number 5) this week but we can put some distance between us and the other wild card contenders.

Also, when was the last time we were tied with Patriots for 1st this late in season. 2008 when we won the division.

Back
Top Bottom