Who wants an NBA All-Star? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wants an NBA All-Star?

bullseyeguy

Heart of A Champion
Reaction score
There are a lot of rumors floating around right now involving Shawn Marion getting traded... Marion is owed $33.6 million over the next 2 years, and the Luxury tax will be in full force for the Suns...

Danny Ainge, the Boston Celtics' director of basketball operations, declined comment on rumors connecting the Celtics to the Phoenix Suns and a trade involving Shawn Marion and Boston's No. 5 draft pick.

The Suns reportedly are attempting to unload bad contracts as part of any trade for Marion. In the Celtics' case, that might require agreeing to bring back Marcus Banks, who has four years and just over $17 million left on the contract he signed with the Suns last summer.

Source: Boston Herald

Phoenix Suns' forward Shawn Marion's name has surfaced in trade rumors with the Detroit Pistons, in addition to the Boston Celtics. The Pistons would send forward-center Rasheed Wallace to Phoenix.
This idea would be conflicting for Phoenix. Wallace's skills are a good fit, but his on-court behavior contrasts with the club's emphasis on character.
But even if the Suns were ready to make that deal, would the Pistons be willing? Marion is a small forward, the same position played by Detroit's Tayshaun Prince, but could be asked to play power forward to make the Pistons more athletic.

Phoenix Suns' forward Shawn Marion could nicely complement the Chicago Bulls' defensive, active style of play. Pairing him with Ben Wallace might be the Bulls' best option because they seem unlikely to make a deal for any of the big-name interior players like Kevin Garnett, Jermaine O'Neal, Zach Randolph, Pau Gasol and Amare Stoudemire.
The key for Phoenix probably would be Ben Gordon. He's in an uneasy position with the Bulls with a contract extension on the horizon and questions about whether he should start.

Ive heard a few others, but they seem a little more far fetched to me..

Sheed to the Suns makes no sense at all. Marion isnt the kinda player Detroit needs.

Now Marion to Chicago makes a little more sense.

I wouldn't trade the 5th pick for Marion straight up though. I'd require more

Marion= really good player, All-Star in Phoenix system. I love the Matrix, but I think he'll struggle for any team that doesn't run.

Marion in detroit is weird to me. They would get better on defense

Marion was an all star before D'Antoni and Nash came to town...

1 year, but I don't think he'll be that great on most teams. Half court does not play to his strengths. Even when Starbury was the PG, Marion had very little pressure (though he did disappear against the Spurs). If he went to Boston, he'd be looked at as the number 1 or 2 scoring option and would be counted on to create his own offense.

1 year, but I don't think he'll be that great on most teams. Half court does not play to his strengths. Even when Starbury was the PG, Marion had very little pressure (though he did disappear against the Spurs). If he went to Boston, he'd be looked at as the number 1 or 2 scoring option and would be counted on to create his own offense.

Correct.

I think he'd still be a solid player, but certainly not as good as he looks right now. He'll struggle without that type of offense, and although that's to be seen, I think it's spot on. In fact, many of those players would struggle elsewhere.

I don't understand Marion-for-Sheed, though. Isn't the point in trading Marion to cut down the salary? Sheed's got two years of $12-13 million left on his deal. Marion's got two, and a player's option. Phoenix's best option is a team like Chicago with all of those young players running on rookie contracts.

Its all nonsense....another story some bored sports writer came up with because it made sense to him. There probably is some truth in Phoenix wanting to cut payroll but Marion is going nowhere.

Correct.

I think he'd still be a solid player, but certainly not as good as he looks right now. He'll struggle without that type of offense, and although that's to be seen, I think it's spot on. In fact, many of those players would struggle elsewhere.

I don't understand Marion-for-Sheed, though. Isn't the point in trading Marion to cut down the salary? Sheed's got two years of $12-13 million left on his deal. Marion's got two, and a player's option. Phoenix's best option is a team like Chicago with all of those young players running on rookie contracts.
Marion will be making 16 a year for the next 2, so it will save some money..Plus Sheed can guard Duncan about as good as anyone in the league can, I still don't think it will happen though...

Back
Top Bottom