Who was our first round pick this year? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was our first round pick this year?

If you're going to take a DT there, at least take the best one on the board in Jeffery Simmons. I felt like he was a top 10 talent even with the knee injury - otherwise he was a top 5 talent.

The bananas are ready to dance....

Wait, so we drafted this guy for his character/intelligence/leadership and he's making bonehead plays in multiple games, including a thrown punch on the first play from scrimmage in a divisional matchup?

Just wondering.

Wait, so we drafted this guy for his character/intelligence/leadership and he's making bonehead plays in multiple games, including a thrown punch on the first play from scrimmage in a divisional matchup?

Just wondering.

There were some red flags - like when he was sexually assaulting opposing players on the field. Also when you watched the film of Garrett Bradbury kicking his ass all over the field.

I went to FSU so I acknowledge homerism, but I really wanted Derwin James and Brian Burns. Those guys were incredible players in college. If we wanted a DT, I would go with Marvin Wilson from this year’s team. I think he will be a fantastic NFL DT.

If we had all 3 of those guys along with Howard, our defense would have a very strong foundation.

I don’t hate the Wilkins pick, but Burns fit a very pressing need at one of the most valued positions in the draft.

I'm not saying you don't need good leadership guys, but you don't draft a guy who doesn't appear to have a high impact ceiling early in the first round just because he's a good guy. A guy you project to be a decent starter isn't a guy you consider at that spot.

I agree with that, you make a very goid point, but it's not like he was a waste of talent, the guy had skills. Now were there better players to picked where Miami picked him? Absolutely.

Was I a bit surprised we went DT, after the best two were off the board? Sure, but what we have to remember, 2020 is supposed to be the year they make the big splash, and though Wilkins was not a high ceiling reward guy, he was a trustworthing player with a very solid floor player that had far less bust potential then most of the others.

These are the type of players that you put superstars around, and like another coach, he is able to help them make plays, as well as make plays himself when no attention is planned for him.

I don't know what the plan will be, so for now his pick among the top 15 players is still to be determined.

The fat kid that I told everyone was a bad pick but few believed..Should have picked a Corner.

Back
Top Bottom