Who was our WORST draft pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was our WORST draft pick?

WvFinFan

Starter
Reaction score
I 100% say that 4th round Travis Daniels was our worst draft pick of the draft. To me it almost ruined our draft. I can't believe we passed on Adrian Mcpherson with that pick. I think he will be somethin and in the 4th it would have been a good gamble. Alabi sounds like he could be good but i am not sure if you guys noticed that we left Wesley Britt on the board and he was taken two picks later. I think he is much better than Alabi and might have been a better pick. But i will give Houck the nod on that one.

Our fourth rounder almost ruined our draft?

I'm SICK TO DEATH of this Adrian McPherson crap. I hope the Saints cut him and he is a mega bust.

Just because Saban passed on McPherson does'nt mean anything...accept that Saban does'nt think McPherson is worth anything.

yea...why would we pass up a QB with character issues who cant complete 50% of his passes

WvFinFan said:
I 100% say that 4th round Travis Daniels was our worst draft pick of the draft. To me it almost ruined our draft. I can't believe we passed on Adrian Mcpherson with that pick. I think he will be somethin and in the 4th it would have been a good gamble. Alabi sounds like he could be good but i am not sure if you guys noticed that we left Wesley Britt on the board and he was taken two picks later. I think he is much better than Alabi and might have been a better pick. But i will give Houck the nod on that one.

Have you watched Alabi play? Wondering why you think Britt is much better than Alabi.

McPherson is inaccurate and years away from competing for a starting job, Daniels can play for us next year.

unifiedtheory said:
Our fourth rounder almost ruined our draft?

I'm SICK TO DEATH of this Adrian McPherson crap. I hope the Saints cut him and he is a mega bust.

Just because Saban passed on McPherson does'nt mean anything...accept that Saban does'nt think McPherson is worth anything.

i know i am seriously sick of this mcpherson love out of no where... id much rather have a corner than have taking mcpherson in the 4th... mcpherson in the 4th would have been the dumbest thing i think we could have done and he prob wouldn't have made our roster over sage... get over it, hes not that great...

i think alibi when we coulda used another safety was prob my only concern, really dont think we need ANOTHER tackle on the roster... would have liked shazor as a BIG hitting safety behind tebucky jones... but oh well, im happy with our draft...

WvFinFan said:

This is true, but Saban coached him so must see SOMETHING worthwhile in taking him. The arguement could also be made that the Surtain deal screwed us for Adrian. I don't think he was worhth a 4th rounder, but I woulda dropped a 5th on him, and We COULD have taken him with our ORIGINAL pick, but instead we swapped with KC and he was taken before our NEW 5th round pick..........THAT was prolly the only thing that pissed me off about the draft (althought Brown over Benson DISSAPPOINTED me for a little while). KC got Surtain and a BETTER 5th rounder, we got a 2nd rounder and a WORSE 5th rounder, I wasn't very happy with the deal, and that definately doesn't seem liek something Saban originally intended (dropping lower in the 5th) thus meaning he DID budge on the deal. Oh well, maybe Saban knows something we don't about the QB situation, like is planning a FA pick up or something, we'll just have to wait and see, whats done is done. I woulda accepted McPherson, but I wasn't DROOLING over him.

Mcpherson, Mcpherson, Mcpherson...I wouldnt have minded him, but come on. He played in 4 college games, and a season of area ball. I wont even call if arena football. I MIGHT turn into a decent player, but Saban knows Daniels and CB is a need.

The worst pick was obviously the last one. :lol:

I wish we would have taken McPherson but let's get over it and move on. No one ever gets all their favorite players drafted by their team.

Crowder is my least favorite pick. I don't like injury concerns before the second day. Then again, I'm risk averse.

How can a guy who couldnt even beat out Chris Rix at FSU be considered such a hot commodity? :shakeno:
Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. If he's such a can't miss kid, why did he last that long? Does he have upside? Yes. Are there more question marks than upside? Of course.

byroan said:
The worst pick was obviously the last one. :lol:

I wish we would have taken McPherson but let's get over it and move on. No one ever gets all their favorite players drafted by their team.

As learned by me with Brown over Benson :D

arsenal said:
i know i am seriously sick of this mcpherson love out of no where... id much rather have a corner than have taking mcpherson in the 4th... mcpherson in the 4th would have been the dumbest thing i think we could have done and he prob wouldn't have made our roster over sage... get over it, hes not that great...

i think alibi when we coulda used another safety was prob my only concern, really dont think we need ANOTHER tackle on the roster... would have liked shazor as a BIG hitting safety behind tebucky jones... but oh well, im happy with our draft...

I'm gonna second this one, good post. Why all of a sudden McPherson became so popular is beyond me. I'm on this board almost everyday and I rarely saw anybody even mention him. It's just a case of one person seeing the name and then it's like a chain reaction. All in all, I think it was a pretty good draft.

Back
Top Bottom