who was your best unknow player for the dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who was your best unknow player for the dolphins

Practically the entire '72 unbeaten team. They were a bunch of cast-offs and unknowns when Shula acquired them. Well, except for Paul Warfield. Shows what can happen when a bunch of guys are out to prove everyone wrong about their talent and heart.

DT [size=-1]Manny Fernandez[/size]

clear.gif

QB, RB, FB, WR, TE, Holder, and Punt Center Jim "Crash" Jensen
clear.gif

This is a well documented story involving Dolphins players and alligators:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Larry Csonka surprised the coach with a 150-pound alligator in Shula's shower. When Shula charged into the meeting room, he knew exactly who to go up to and ask about it. He screamed at Csonka, “What are you doing?†Csonka said, “Hey coach, don't get mad at me. I am the one that taped its mouth shut. The other guys wanted to let it run around open.†The tense moment was shattered with laughter.[/font]

I haven't heard anything about Manny and gators but it wouldn't surprise me.

what do u think of these guys?

if you are going by round, i have to say Doug Betters(DE) selected in the 6th rd. of the 78
draft.. probably the best DE we have had.. then
i would say David Woodley(QB) selected in the
8th rd. of the 80 draft. then have to say Mark
Clayton(WR) selected in the 8th rd. in the 83
draft.. one of the best receivers we have had.

padolphinfan23 said:
if you are going by round, i have to say Doug Betters(DE) selected in the 6th rd. of the 78
draft.. probably the best DE we have had.. then
i would say David Woodley(QB) selected in the
8th rd. of the 80 draft. then have to say Mark
Clayton(WR) selected in the 8th rd. in the 83
draft.. one of the best receivers we have had.

They are all excellent choices.:)

fin-atic said:
Mine is William Judson. DB who made the team after being a Scab player in 1982 and was a decent nickle back.
Man, that name brings back ALOT of bad memories. I don`t remember him so much as a nickelback, but more as a starter with Paul Lankford. Arguably the worst pair of corners in NFL history, they got absolutely torched.
My list would include Manny Fernandez (the real MVP of SB VII), Jake Scott (the actual SB VII MVP), Dick Anderson, Wayne Moore, Benny Malone, "Bowling Ball" Don Nottingham, Tony Nathan, Freddie Banks, geez I could go on and on.

Back
Top Bottom