who was your best unknow player for the dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who was your best unknow player for the dolphins

I liked Irving spikes for some reason. he always did good when he got the ball. we should have used him more.

Well if you can pick Duhe, then I go with the man on the left. John Offerdahl has to be my all time fav on defense. One of my favorite moments was against the Browns, late in Johns career. I think some of you will remember Tommy Vardell. He was hyped coming out of college, but never really amounted to anything. I think it was Tommy's first season, and all I heard was Touchdown Tommy this and Touchdown Tommy that. Well anyway I remember Tommy getting the ball and running off tackle. No sooner then reaching the line of scrimmage John introduced himself in Offerdahl fashion, sending Tommy backwards a good 3 yards. I loved how he played with such reckless abandon for his body, but also hated it for it ended his career early.

I always liked Trent Gamble (safety). Always seemed to be making a big play on punt coverage, or kick coverage.

I always like Tony Martin (the first time around) and Jeff Cross.

I liked Troy Stradford...he was a poor man's Warrick Dunn.

If we are tralking value in the draft (whish is a topic that seems to have come up in this thread) the only answer is Mark Clayton, 8th round, 223rd player taken and is (arguebly) the best reciever in the history of the franchise.

I saw another poster say "Jackie Shipp"...:roflmao:. How can a guy, who was a complete scrub and was taken 14th overall be on any list accept the "All-time don Shula draft busts" list?

B.T.W....a memo to the Louis Oliver fans on this board (there are many and I will ruffle some feathers with this comment)...the guy was a STIFF. He was a big hitter but he could'nt cover anybody.

Back
Top Bottom