who was your best unknow player for the dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who was your best unknow player for the dolphins

unifiedtheory said:
I liked Troy Stradford...he was a poor man's Warrick Dunn.

If we are tralking value in the draft (whish is a topic that seems to have come up in this thread) the only answer is Mark Clayton, 8th round, 223rd player taken and is (arguebly) the best reciever in the history of the franchise.

I saw another poster say "Jackie Shipp"...:roflmao:. How can a guy, who was a complete scrub and was taken 14th overall be on any list accept the "All-time don Shula draft busts" list?

B.T.W....a memo to the Louis Oliver fans on this board (there are many and I will ruffle some feathers with this comment)...the guy was a STIFF. He was a big hitter but he could'nt cover anybody.

Oliver was a safty, he wasn't suppost to cover people, he stayed in a zone. Yes, he was a big hitter that was his job. if you went over the middle into his zone it was lights out, that is what he was there for.

i liked chuck bullough(lb) back in 94, he reminds me as a pre-version of zach. the guy got hurt and disappeared...

overseas said:
i liked chuck bullough(lb) back in 94, he reminds me as a pre-version of zach. the guy got hurt and disappeared...

And me--Troy stradford would be another.

D Betters(6th rnd), J cross (9th rnd) and M clayton (8th rnd) would be three more but I dont really call them unknown

You must be an Eagle

Noodle Arm said:
Larry Ball (simply because he was my high school guidance counselor...cool guy :D )

Me too. Although I preceded you by nearly two decades.

I've still got plenty of purple and white in me. Hey, we finally beat Gables! Never thought that would happen, at least not in my lifetime.

A few I remember, from decades past

* Lloyd Mumphord, a feisty backup CB and terrific kick blocker, during the glory years

* Leroy Harris, a small FB who made perhaps the best run in Dolphin history during a Monday night home victory over the late '70s nemesis Colts

* Charlie Babb, a darn good safety who had the misfortune to be stuck behind Scott and Anderson

Cool thread, even though NO ONE seems to agree as to the definition of "unknown".

Personally, I'm opting for a guy who: a. wasn't a high draft pick, and b. wasn't well-known to NFL fans in general, and wasn't someone you'd think of as one of the great, or even really good Dolphins in team history: Bernie Parmalee. Great special teamer, solid receiver out of the backfield, and even (for awhile) a competent running back. The guy did whatever the team needed.

Okay I love this thread.

Mine is William Judson. DB who made the team after being a Scab player in 1982 and was a decent nickle back. He also was the one who introduced thise divers gloves into the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom