Who was your favorite draft QB over the years you wanted us to draft. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was your favorite draft QB over the years you wanted us to draft.

I don't watch college football, so I find it highly entertaining to see fans arguing over ratings of college prospects! As for the Draft, I can form an opinion as to which position is needed the most, but I can't choose a player.

I was really stoked when they drafted Henne.

If you watch Henne's highlight videos, he looks like a pretty good QB! I was hoping that it would've worked out better with him.

We had the 2nd pick in the draft and I wanted Aaron Rodgers bad...my posts on this site back that up....I loved his accuracy and release.

Saban chose a Part time running back that shared carries at Auburn.

Matt Ryan is the one I lobbied for the most, I still cannot believe we took an OT number 1 overall and passed on Ryan. Jake Long WAS a good player, but it's obvious that Ryan was and still is a really good QB.

I had mixed feelings about Luck. I wanted to suck for Luck, but I had doubts about him as well. Living near Charlotte, I remember reports of hom going back to school and one of the reasons was to avoid being picked by the Panthers. I don't care for those type players

Since Dan Marino left we have taken a few QB s in the draft.I wasn't on board with any of the picks.
However I wanted RGIII and Bradey Qinn in the worst ways.Boy was I wrong.
Tua is by far my most wanted QB that we actually have a chance at drafting.
Who was your most wanted QB for us to draft realistically?
I wanted Tua prior to his hip surgery but not now. I never wanted Tannehill. instead I wanted the Dolphins to draft Kuechly in the first round and Russell Wilson in the second round instead of drafting Tannehill.

Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, you know when we had the 2nd overall pick and the 1st overall pick and didnt have a QB at either time. but we decided to draft a RB a #2 overall, and not even a Reggie Bush type prospect or a Saquan Barkley or Christian McCaffery type College productive RB. Ronnie Brown was in a timeshare with Cadillac Williams. IMO Ronnie Brown is a borderline NFL draft bust.

And Jake Long, Bill Parcells was wrong about him over Matt Ryan with conviction, we signed Jake Long before that draft and we were the last team to ever do that, sign a player with the 1st overall pick before the draft. That eliminated any trade offers for the #1 spot. Bill Parcells is overrated. He came in here with arrogance and then realized he sucked and left.

Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, you know when we had the 2nd overall pick and the 1st overall pick and didnt have a QB at either time. but we decided to draft a RB a #2 overall, and not even a Reggie Bush type prospect or a Saquan Barkley or Christian McCaffery type College productive RB. Ronnie Brown was in a timeshare with Cadillac Williams. IMO Ronnie Brown is a borderline NFL draft bust.

And Jake Long, Bill Parcells was wrong about him over Matt Ryan with conviction, we signed Jake Long before that draft and we were the last team to ever do that, sign a player with the 1st overall pick before the draft. That eliminated any trade offers for the #1 spot. Bill Parcells is overrated. He came in here with arrogance and then realized he sucked and left.

not that I disagree with you, but if i am not mistaken that draft was the last uncapped out of control rookie pay and astronomical signing bonus craziness. So getting long to agree to a deal prior to the pick was a big deal

I really liked Matt Barkley, then Matt Leinert. I leaned to not like qb's either named Matt or out of USC lol. I also liked Connor Cook and thought he could become the next Kirk Cousins. Obviously I don't know what I'm looking at in the qb position so I just keep my opinions to myself. All I can do is support the current qb on the team and hope for the best.

While I can say I liked Tom Brady coming out of Michigan, not enough to pound the table for him as a 1st or 2nd day pick, I also admit I wanted Jim Kelly over Dan Marino in 83 and thought Jim Druckenmiller would turn out to be a good qb. Druck actually reminds me a lot of Jacob Eason this year. In recent years I thought Conner Cook would suprise people and play better than his draft position. My 2020 Conner Cook award goes to Steven Montez.
I wanted Jim Kelly cause I'm a Canes fan.....Marino was my 2nd choice and I really didn't like Elway.

I really liked Matt Barkley, then Matt Leinert. I leaned to not like qb's either named Matt or out of USC lol. I also liked Connor Cook and thought he could become the next Kirk Cousins. Obviously I don't know what I'm looking at in the qb position so I just keep my opinions to myself. All I can do is support the current qb on the team and hope for the best.

I did like Matt Barkley a lot in his Junior season, he went toe to toe with Luck that year, and was surely a lock for QB #2. Then the idiot decides to return for his senior year and ends up slipping to round 3 or 4 or something after a poor last year in college. He's my poster boy for why college players need to strike while the iron's hot.

I really wanted Brady Quinn and Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill I think I wanted because I was so sick of not drafting a QB round 1. Brady Quinn... I remember that day I was on my way to a Yankees game and opened my phone right as we got there and saw we had taken Ginn.... ugh.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that when coaching staffs change all the time. Philbin picking Tannehill was completely pointless as was replacing him with Gase but I do have more faith in Flores being able to put the right people in place to develop a QB.
I was about to say something similar to this, I’ll add to this and say you also have to have a real QB prospect to develop.

Back
Top Bottom