Who was your favorite draft QB over the years you wanted us to draft. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was your favorite draft QB over the years you wanted us to draft.

Russell Wilson. Not just saying that because of what he's done. I watched the game film. Heard the interviews. When the only knock on a guy is his height, he needs to be drafted.

Brees
Ryan
Luck
Wilson
Mayfield (before knowing he was going 1st overall of course)
Tua

Deshaun Watson

I wanted Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown, and I wanted Matt Ryan over Jake Long, and I wanted us to take a chance on Lamar Jackson when he came out.

In terms of busts, I did want Brady Quinn when he came out...

Not Gonna lie ...I really wanted Josh Allen. And was very high on Drew Brees
and must admit I told people Brady Quin was over hyped and would be a bust and they thought I was insane. I was also dead wrong about Charles Harris

I wanted Lamar Jackson badly. Other notable names , Matt Ryan, Ben Rothlesburger, Brady Quinn, Dac Prescott.

Oddly I remember the Aaron Rodgers draft and I didnt not want him at the time. I thought he had a weak arm and a crappy attitude.... I was right about one of those.

Since Dan Marino left we have taken a few QB s in the draft.I wasn't on board with any of the picks.
However I wanted RGIII and Bradey Qinn in the worst ways.Boy was I wrong.
Tua is by far my most wanted QB that we actually have a chance at drafting.
Who was your most wanted QB for us to draft realistically?
I never wanted a player drafted by Miami more than Brady quinn.

Drew Brees TWICE !!! Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn

I wanted Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown, and I wanted Matt Ryan over Jake Long, and I wanted us to take a chance on Lamar Jackson when he came out.

In terms of busts, I did want Brady Quinn when he came out...

I like Rodgers too and Brady Quinn although I was excited about Ginn.

Looking at that Rodgers draft, it really is an eye opener about how much the top 10 can be fools gold...Cedric Benson, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams...wow. Jason Campbell picker just after Rodgers...Thomas Davis STILL playing. Lol.

Rodgers is who I wanted, and Brees is also who I wanted bad.

I really wanted Philip Rivers but he was obviously out of reach. early in the process it looked like he would be available where Miami was drafting but then he moved way up the charts.

I never thought they had a shot at Luck so I never really got attached to him.

Several have mentioned QB's from the 2004 draft (notably Rivers and Roethlisberger). We weren't in a position to take either guy that year (We picked after they were long off the board) and took Vernon Carey (great pick lol).

I admit I wanted Quinn in 2007. I was a big Ron Powlus fan at Notre Dame (I was in high school when he was finishing his Notre Dame career) and wanted him (I know, I know). I was hoping we could have ended up with the number one overall in 2012 (and taken Luck). I predicted that year we would finish 2-14 (beating the Jets and Patriots ). Obviously I was wrong. I didn't hate the Tannehill pick.

I've never been a Drew Brees fan. I can't put my finger on it as I have no reason to dislike him (great player, great character guy). I didn't care for him at Purdue either. I'm a wrestling fan and to me, Brees is Chris Benoit (without then double murder suicide thing). I never cared about Benoit. I knew he was great in the ring. I just didn't care about him at all. That's how I feel about Brees.

Most recently, I wanted Sam Darnold or Josh Allen (the two QB's I did not want in that draft were Mayfield and Rosen). However, the 2018 draft was a lot like the 2004 draft. We weren't in a position to take one of the top QB's.

I wanted Chad Pennington in 2000 but we didn't have an early pick that year (no first or second round picks if I recall correctly). The 1999 NFL draft was the first draft I watched live (freshman year of college and the first time I had cable). I loved Cade McNown, Tim Couch, and Daunte Culpepper in that draft. We had no first round picks that year.

I wanted Stafford in 2009 and felt like we missed out by a year (ironically, even if our 1-15 campaign had come in 2008 instead of 2009, we would have only picked second). In hindsight, I am still a Stafford fan but that 2008 season was as magical a season in some ways (if being a one-and-done wildcard can be called "magical"). I was a big Chad Pennington fan before that season. I'm a huge fan now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom