Who was your favorite draft QB over the years you wanted us to draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was your favorite draft QB over the years you wanted us to draft.

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Since Dan Marino left we have taken a few QB s in the draft.I wasn't on board with any of the picks.
However I wanted RGIII and Bradey Qinn in the worst ways.Boy was I wrong.
Tua is by far my most wanted QB that we actually have a chance at drafting.
Who was your most wanted QB for us to draft realistically?

I admit I wanted Brady Quinn pretty bad in that draft also, and not because I thought he was so great, I just wanted to take a chance on a top rated QB. I will never forget that draft, I remember joking with my brother right before our pick saying "and with the 9th pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select Ted Ginn, WR Ohio State". We both laughed as that was inconceivable, then watched in horror (well I did since my brother is a Cowboys fan) as my joke became reality. After that I never joke about our pick before we pick.

While I can say I liked Tom Brady coming out of Michigan, not enough to pound the table for him as a 1st or 2nd day pick, I also admit I wanted Jim Kelly over Dan Marino in 83 and thought Jim Druckenmiller would turn out to be a good qb. Druck actually reminds me a lot of Jacob Eason this year. In recent years I thought Conner Cook would suprise people and play better than his draft position. My 2020 Conner Cook award goes to Steven Montez.

I want Watson in 2017, everybody knew watson was going be good but not mohomes. I knew bears qb was going struggle. Only started 1 yr in college.

The dolphins main problem is they dont know how developers player. Specially at qb.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that when coaching staffs change all the time. Philbin picking Tannehill was completely pointless as was replacing him with Gase but I do have more faith in Flores being able to put the right people in place to develop a QB.

QB’s that we actually had the chance to get
Bree’s...I was right
Rivers...I was right
Griese...I was wrong
Quinn...I was wrong

Back
Top Bottom