Who was your favorite draft QB over the years you wanted us to draft. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was your favorite draft QB over the years you wanted us to draft.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that when coaching staffs change all the time. Philbin picking Tannehill was completely pointless as was replacing him with Gase but I do have more faith in Flores being able to put the right people in place to develop a QB.
coaches change for reasons.. you either get job done or you get fired. We have not had coaches to devolve a qb to top level of performance Since Marino day..
If they can develop or help qb reach next level than I am all for it. We all want win..

Last edited:
Recently, Andrew Luck. We started the the 2011 season 0-7 and then somehow won 6 of our last 9 to end up drafting 8th and missing out on both Luck and Robert Griffin.
Probably Brady Quinn before that. I don’t care if Ted Ginn is still in the league but Beady Quinn was the right choice for us there.
Jay Cutler, Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees

Other than drafting Tannehill, we have never taken a chance on a QB early. It’s crazy

Russell Wilson..Pat Mahomes..Kyler Murray...lobbied hard for all three.

Qb miss Rg3...

I remember watching the draft when the Dolphins were on the clock and Drew Brees was available and we drafted Jamar Fletcher.

I was really stoked when they drafted Henne.

More recently i was fan of Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson.

Andrew Luck...suck for luck was almost a reality.
I'm with @superphin , I was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping we would finish the Suck For Luck sweepstakes ... we were alone in pole position at 0-7, and F'd it all up by winning meaningless games the rest of the season. We ended up drafting Ryan Tannehill instead, and in a recent NFL re-draft article, they had us taking Tannehill at that spot again ... only team to select the same player. Luck ended up having an injury-marred career behind a terrible OL, and that probably would have ended up the same way in Miami. But ... Andrew Luck was exactly what I wanted as a leader, player, and the guy I thought would carry us to the next level.

Oh well. There is only one Dan Marino ... now we're hoping for a pale imitation.

Vick, Luck, Wilson and Kapernick since I went to same school.

In chronological order

Drew Brees
Andrew luck
Russell Wilson
Deshaun Watson
TUAAAA

I wanted Matt Ryan so bad in 2008. That idiot Parcells and his antiquated QB commandments BS.

2001 I wanted Drew Brees. I think we all know the story there and where we were when we heard Jamar Fletchers name called.

This year I've been banging the drum for Justin Herbert, although I'd be ok with Tua as well.

I wanted us to draft Russell Wilson. I felt Tannehill was a reach at 6 and I preferred Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd (don’t honestly remember the picks we had that year). I also wanted us to draft Matt Ryan over Jake Long. I really wanted Miami to trade down from 11 and take Lamar Jackson at the end of the 1st. I was happy with the Minkah pick at the time...but it didn’t really work out. Maybe the guy we get at 18 this year pans out.

Going back the last 20 years, these are the QBs I can remember really hoping to get. Always the realist I never salivated for players that seemed out out of reach:

Drew Brees
Aaron Rogers
Brady Quinn
Matt Ryan
Ryan Mallet (yeah I know)
RG3
Kyler Murray

Probably Kaepernick. I remember when he fell to the 2nd round and wanting him in Miami. Now, he is just a douche canoe.

Now its Tua.

Back
Top Bottom