Who we should draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who we should draft

insomnia411

The world is yours
Reaction score
I think the consensus around here is that we should take Cutler if he falls to us at 16 but I don't see him falling past the 6 spot, let alone the 16th. This poses a big dilemma for the Dolphins because unless the stock of Omar Jacobs or Brodie Croyle soars before the draft (very possible) there will not be a first round qb available when we pick at 16.
Obviously the dolphins have many needs outside of quarterback that need to be addressed that include corner, safety, NT, and LT. I also wouldn't be upset if they picked up a guy who can play the 3-4 olb. Guys that I wouldn't mind taking at 16 of these positions include Antonio Cromartie, Darnell Bing, Gabe Watson, one of the big LTs like Marcus Mcniel or Eric Winston and Bobby Carpenter. I think we should go best player available out of these guys and a few others from those positions. If wer'e not taking a qb who do you think we should take at 16?

Huff, then grab Croyle or Whitehurst in round 2 or 3.:tantrum:

:welcome: insomnia, in future though you might want to post these kinds of threads in the Draft forum. The thing that some people are wondering is if their is a possibility that Young could fall to us. I could actually see this hapening if he strugles at the combine which I think is possible. I guess we will see....

I'd like Cutler too, but as it seems he's not dropping..

If one of these guys slip, I'd take him...Greenway,Ngata,Huff,Jimmy Williams. If not, try to trade down. Not being possible to trade down, pick best OL available.

Dont some people have Jimmy Williams droping into the second round because of the questions about whether he will play corner or safty in the NFL?

dolphan117 said:
:welcome: insomnia, in future though you might want to post these kinds of threads in the Draft forum. The thing that some people are wondering is if their is a possibility that Young could fall to us. I could actually see this hapening if he strugles at the combine which I think is possible. I guess we will see....

if tenny goes with cutler then i see sbaan making a trade for Young FOR SURE 100%. i bet on that.

SR 7 said:
if tenny goes with cutler then i see sbaan making a trade for Young FOR SURE 100%. i bet on that.

I agree 100% with you. Other than that, there's always the possibility (however remote) that we trade our 1st for phillip Rivers.

Other than that, I think the guys we look at (in order) are:
Michael Huff
Winston Justice
Chad Greenway
Jimmy Williams
Marcus McNeill

Pocoloco said:
I agree 100% with you. Other than that, there's always the possibility (however remote) that we trade our 1st for phillip Rivers.

Other than that, I think the guys we look at (in order) are:
Michael Huff
Winston Justice
Chad Greenway
Jimmy Williams
Marcus McNeill

possible.

Anything is posible at this point...a lot depends on what we do with free agency and who we get and who we lose....if the top 3 QB's are gone then Greenway would be the next best pick imo....Huff is posible too but unless they fall we could move down.

Ozzy rules!!

SR 7 said:

I disagree 100%, he's not gonna trade up for a QB just for the sake of getting one of the top 3. He's gonna get the one he wants. Its not like they are interchangeable. All 3 have very different styles.

I'm just going under the assumption that Cutler, Huff and Greenway will be gone by the 16th pick. Miami, like probably a lot of teams in this draft and especially in the top 10 of the draft will be looking to move down to acquire more picks. I just don't see a lot teams wanting to move up. So, should the Dolphins stay put, I see us drafting either Antonio Cromartie, Max Jean-Gilles or Chad Jackson in the 1st. In the 2nd round, depending on the 3 I just mentioned, Miami could go with Manny Lawson, Bernard Pollard or Duece Lutui. The 3rd round may be looking like Pat Watkins, Cedric Griffin, Charles Spencer or a QB. It just depends on what Saban/Mueller do in FA, personally, I would love it if we get Cromartie, Lawson and Spencer.

:dolphins:

I would be happy with the following guys. No order
Jimmy Williams DB
Michael Huff DB
Winston Justice OT
Haloti Ngata DT
Chad Greenway LB
Those are the main guys that we have a real chance at. Obviously if someone really good drops than draft them. Here are a few people that are really growing on me.

Cromatie, Manny Lawson, and Tye Hill. To draft to these guys it woud be better to trade down however I dont think anyone wants to move up.

Cutler
Huff
Cromartie(if healthy)
McNeil
Greenway

Back
Top Bottom