Who will be attending training camp practices? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be attending training camp practices?

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Reaction score
I live too far away and will be hungry for any insightful observations. I`m over all of the speculation. Let`s play football!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely like to catch some training camp. Is anyone gonna be around? I'd consider checking it out this weekend but I've never been before, don't know where to go, and wouldn't really be comfortable with it unless I was meetin someone there.

Yeah, any body who goes to camp should explain to us who haven't been, the way to go about the process....I'd sure appreciate the info.....maybe I can sneak over there one weekend to check it out. I would be alot more motivated if I knew I wasn't gonna be lost the whole time.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
I live too far away and will be hungary for any insightful observations. I`m over all of the speculation. Let`s play football!!

I'll definitely be there. I've been pondering on which day will be my first. So far I think it will be the first day the full squad is there. Last year I got kind of bored on the days with only rookies, and first year guys.

As for how you get there, well it depends on where your coming from. It's easy......I do know the way, having been there a million times, but got these directions off the Dolphins Official Site for those coming from pretty much any direction.

The following are directions to the Dolphins Nova Southeastern University training facility in Davie:

From the North: Take I-95 South to I-595 West. Take I-595 West to University Drive exit. Proceed off exit and turn left onto University Drive (going south). Go past four traffic lights (passing S.W. 30th Street) and make a u-turn. Entrance to the parking gaerage will be on right. If the garage is full, please follow directions of officers or signs.

From the South: Take I-95 North to I-595 West. Take I-595 West to University Drive exit. Proceed off exit and turn left onto University Drive (going south). Go past four traffic lights (passing S.W. 30th Street) and make a u-turn. Entrance to the parking gaerage will be on right. If the garage is full, please follow directions of officers or signs.

From Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport: Take I-595 West to University Drive exit. Proceed off exit and turn left onto University Drive (going south). Go past four traffic lights (passing S.W. 30th Street) and make a u-turn. Entrance to the parking gaerage will be on right. If the garage is full, please follow directions of officers or signs.

From Miami International Airport: Take 836 West to 826 North. Take 826 North to Florida Turnpike North. Take Turnpike North to I-595 West. Take I-595 West to University Drive exit. Proceed off exit and turn left onto University Drive (going south). Go past four traffic lights (passing S.W. 30th Street) and make a u-turn. Entrance to the parking gaerage will be on right. If the garage is full, please follow directions of officers or signs.

So I'll most likely be making the first day of full squad practice which is the 29th..........anyone wanting to meet up just give me a holla

No directions from the west?
Are you trying to tell me something?

Damn that could be a problem for me. I have to work monday through friday so there's no way I could be there the 29th. But I thought I heard that Vet's have to report on the 28th.

I will be there every morning session for the full lenght. And during my lunch I will be there from 4:25 until 5:10. So I will keep everyone inform on the morning sessions. I also will attend the Tampa Bay Camps and the games as well as all the weekend practices..

I'll be at the Orlando sessions against with the Bucs.

I'll be there on every sunday session....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :
Somebody please get me a towl.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :

Man I wish they would move the Phins to Delaware:rolleyes:

I just hope training camp ain't like summer camp. What a drag that was. It definitely wasn't anything like that 'Meatballs' movie with Bill Murray.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Damn that could be a problem for me. I have to work monday through friday so there's no way I could be there the 29th. But I thought I heard that Vet's have to report on the 28th.

That's what I thought but after looking at the schedule from the Dolphins Official Site I found out different.

Below is the whole schedule from day one til the last day for the Fans to attend.........

The Miami Dolphins will open the 37th training camp in team history under third-year Head Coach Dave Wannstedt as rookies, first-year players and selected veterans report to the team’s Nova Southeastern University training facility on Thursday, July 25. The first practice will take place the following day, on July 26. The remaining veterans will report on July 28, with the initial full squad workout slated for July 29.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL PRACTICE TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, CALL THE TRAINING CAMP HOTLINE AT (954) 452-7004 FOR ALL UPDATES.

Highlighting this summer’s training camp for the Dolphins will be practice sessions with two different teams prior to commencing their preseason schedule on Monday, August 12 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium. The Dolphins will travel to Nashville to work with the Titans on Friday, August 2 and Saturday, August 3. Morning and afternoon workouts are slated for August 2 at the Titans’ Baptist Park Sports Facility. A morning practice will be held on August 3, while a scrimmage will be conducted at 3:30 p.m. on August 3 at Adelphia Coliseum.

The following weekend, the Dolphins will practice against the Buccaneers at the team’s training camp site at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista. Morning and afternoon practices will take place on Saturday, August 10, with a morning workout only scheduled for August 11.

The Dolphins will be holding three night practices this year. These will take place on Tuesday, July 30, Tuesday, August 6 and Monday, August 19. Each of the three practices will start at 7:00 p.m. The workout on August 6 will be conducted at Pro Player Stadium.

The last open practice for the general public is on Thursday, August 22.

Dolphins Tentative 2002 Day-By-Day Training Camp Practice Schedule

Thu., July 25
Rookies, First-Year Players and Selected Veterans Report to Camp

Fri., July 26
9:00 - 10:45 a.m.
4:15 - 6:00 p.m.

Sat., July 27
9:00 - 10:45 a.m.

Sun., July 28 (Remaining veterans report to camp)
3:30 – 5:15 p.m.

Mon., July 29 (First Full Squad Workout)
9:00 – 10:45 a.m.

Tue., July 30
7:00 – 9:00 p.m.

Wed., July 3
4:15 – 6:00 p.m.

Thu., Aug. 1

Fri., Aug. 2 (In Nasville With Tennessee Titans)
3:00 – 4:45 p.m.

Sat., Aug. 3 (In Nashville With Tennessee Titans)
3:00 p.m. (scrimmage w/Titans)

Sun., Aug. 4
PLAYERS OFF

Mon., Aug. 5

Tue., Aug. 6 (Evening Practice at Pro Player Stadium)
7:00 – 9:00 p.m. (PPS)

Wed., Aug. 7

Thu., Aug. 8

Fri., Aug. 9
9:00 – 10:45 a.m

Sat., Aug. 10 (In Orlando With Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
3:00 – 4:45 p.m.

Sun., Aug. 11 (In Orlando With Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Mon., Aug. 12
DOLPHINS VS. BUCS AT RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM, 8:00 P.M. (EDT), ESPN

Tue., Aug 13
PLAYERS OFF

Wed., Aug 14
NO PRACTICES SCHEDULED

Thu., Aug. 15
DOLPHINS VS. SAINTS AT PRO PLAYER STADIUM, 7:00 P.M. (EDT), WFOR-TV

Fri., Aug. 16
PLAYERS OFF

Sat., Aug.17

Sun., Aug. 18

Mon., Aug. 19
7:00 – 9:00 p.m.

Tue., Aug. 20

Wed., Aug. 21

Thu., Aug. 22

The last scheduled practice open to the general public will be on Thursday, August 22.

Originally posted by inFINSible
No directions from the west?
Are you trying to tell me something?

Here you go........

Take I-75 East to I-595 East, get off at the University Drive ramp, turn right on University Dr. go past 30th St. and make the very next U-Turn, head back north about 100 or there about yards, and make a right turn, you will see a small pond on each side with man made springs in the middle of them. You should see small signs on the side of the road saying Fans Parking with directional arrows that will direct you right to it.

I get a bonus a week from friday that i will use to help pay for 1 trip to training camp. It will be the first time i make it to a practice so i am very excited. How many people usually attend?

Originally posted by Dajesus
I get a bonus a week from friday that i will use to help pay for 1 trip to training camp. It will be the first time i make it to a practice so i am very excited. How many people usually attend?

Between 1000, and 2000 usually. But I have seen it close to full for the night sessions.

You never know what might happen this year with the aquisition of Ricky Williams.........

Back
Top Bottom