Who will be the Dolphins Offensive Coordinator next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the Dolphins Offensive Coordinator next year?

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
Here are some names, because clearly this 3 headed monster experiment on its own is not working. Unfortunately, a lot of these names are the same that we saw last offseason that we passed on.

Option 1. Either Eric Studesville, George Godsey, or Charlie Frye by themselves - Each has pros and cons. I think Studesville and Godsey are both much better off as coordinators. Unfortunately, I don't see either willing to take a straight demotion lightly. Frye on the other hand will get a look for sure. He's relatively young, has a good relationship with Tua (if he is the plan - if he's not then Frye's status will depend on the new QB), and has HS and College play calling experience. Downsides are that he has only been in the NFL for a year and we may not want someone associated with the current offense running it. I would love a way to keep Frye at QB coach, which leads me from option 1 to my option A.

Option A. - Ken Dorsey - What more do you want? Former legendary Canes QB (even though I'm not a Canes fan i appreciate this), been in the NFL since 2013 and his 2 stops produced Cam Newton and Josh Allen. He also has a noted relationship with Charlie Frye, which could keep him in place. This should be call #1. He's also the same age as Flores.

Option B. Pep Hamilton - My only issue with Pep is that he never stays in the same job for too long. 10 different jobs in the last 18 years. Houston's offense hasn't looked abysmal with Tyrod/Mills and maybe Pep comes over with knowledge about how he would use Watson and inside knowledge of what is going to happen with his situation. I know there are a lot of people who rave about Pep's WR routes so maybe he will find a way to use Waddle.

Option C. Zach Azzanni - not completely new to play calling, very well regarded, and could bring some new energy into the unit. However I feel as though we need an experienced voice in the room. Has done a great job as a WR coach though.

Option D. Rich Scangarello - Finds a way to get the most out of project situations. Went 4-1 as OC with Drew Lock. Made Nick Mullens manageable. Would love to see what he does with a real QB and some job security. Oldest name on this list only 49.

Option i . Mike Kafka - I don't think he will be available because I think Bienemy will get either the USC or Raiders gig. If Bienemy gets passed over again, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Kafka looked to find a job to call plays to get himself on the HC radar. Well educated, smart guy, fits same mold as Dorsey. The downside is that he is 34 but the league is going way younger.

I’d like to bring in Daren Rizzi

Eric Bienimi for head coach. The dude runs a good offense in KC but I don't know how much of that is Andy Reid.

Ken Dorsey for OC. At this point I would take Buffalo's OC, Head Coach, or GM. If we can get a GM from Buffalo, Pittsburgh or Baltimore I will be happy.

Last edited:
Eric Bienimi for head coach. The dude runs a good offense in KC but I don't know how much of that is Andy Reid.

Ken Dorsey for OC. At this point I would take Buffalo's OC, Head Coach, or GM. If we can get a GM from Buffalo, Pittsburgh or Baltimore I will be happy.
It’s all Andy Reid

It’s probably going to be Charlie Frye. (Sigh) even though it’s needed, probably going to have an entirely new assistant staff again next year.

Isn't he technically one of the OCs now?
You might as well say he is. Apparently the StudGod each call a play and then they send them to Frye who then tells Tua the two play calls before Tua (obviously before Brisket) picks one of the two plays to go with

Last edited:
I don’t know who it should be but not a first time OC, not someone’s who’s “gonna make a great HC one day”
I want a failed HC who got his HC job because he was a brilliant OC, that way we get someone who is a great OC, is experienced enough (as a failed HC) to help Flores and say no to him if needed and most importantly he’s going to be staying around for a good few years.
We have had too many OC’s

Back
Top Bottom