Who will be the Dolphins Offensive Coordinator next year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the Dolphins Offensive Coordinator next year?

I don’t know who it should be but not a first time OC, not someone’s who’s “gonna make a great HC one day”
I want a failed HC who got his HC job because he was a brilliant OC, that way we get someone who is a great OC, is experienced enough (as a failed HC) to help Flores and say no to him if needed and most importantly he’s going to be staying around for a good few years.
We have had too many OC’s

Rob Chudzinski?

I remember Daboll being pretty hated around here
5723156.jpg

I wonder how many actually remember he was here calling plays at one point? Anyways... I'm sure he's grown and learned a lot since then. But why would he make a lateral move and go from the powerhouse Bills O to come down here and try fix everything? I like the idea of Dorsey also. If not one of them, I'd just roll with what we have, keep some continuity, but get rid of all the confusion. Let it be 1 guy. Maybe Frye.
Yeah he definitely wouldn't take a lateral move his next gig outside offensive coordinator is going to be a head coach, I don't really remember him being hated in 2011. I really don't remember the terms of him leaving for Kansas City, however he has done great things for Allen in Buffalo, and he also has an Alabama connection in 2017 so who knows if that could translate with Tua. All that being said I'd lean toward Joe instead but I'm wanting a offensive minded head coach if Flores don't work out. Dorsey is intriguing as well though.

Flo will stick with Godsey Assuming he’s still head coach

I remember Daboll being pretty hated around here
5723156.jpg

I wonder how many actually remember he was here calling plays at one point? Anyways... I'm sure he's grown and learned a lot since then. But why would he make a lateral move and go from the powerhouse Bills O to come down here and try fix everything? I like the idea of Dorsey also. If not one of them, I'd just roll with what we have, keep some continuity, but get rid of all the confusion. Let it be 1 guy. Maybe Frye.

He re-invented himself after that by working under Belichick and Saban. Funny enough he was the OC when Tua came in for the second half in the title game against Georgia.

He's going to be a HC next though, there's no chance he's our next OC.

He re-invented himself after that by working under Belichick and Saban. Funny enough he was the OC when Tua came in for the second half in the title game against Georgia.

He's going to be a HC next though, there's no chance he's our next OC.
Agreed, HC in the future for sure. He's come a long way since being a Sparano guy. I do think he improved our offense a little though, with whatever the hell we were working with at the time

I remember Daboll being pretty hated around here...

I wonder how many actually remember he was here calling plays at one point? Anyways... I'm sure he's grown and learned a lot since then.
He replaced Dan Henning. I remember Henning and then Daboll calling a fairly vanilla offense which wasn't very effective. However, in hindsight, I don't think the problem was with Henning or Daboll (well, maybe a little). IMO, the problem was a lack of above average talent at the offensive skill positions. Henne and the offense moved the ball well enough between the 20s but always seemed to stall in the Red Zone, settling for FGs instead of TDs. I believe this was due to a lack of talented offensive playmakers, as Ireland refused to draft those positions early in the draft. Free Agents didn't help much; Brandon Marshall dropped more TDs than he caught, and Mike Wallace had alligator arms. Plus, they had no seam-threat TE.

That said, I guess Henning and Daboll are somewhat culpable, as they could have come up with better schemes and plays in the Red Zone to make up for the lack of talent. Today, Daboll has a lot more talent in his offense than he did with Miami!

Agreed, HC in the future for sure. He's come a long way since being a Sparano guy. I do think he improved our offense a little though, with whatever the hell we were working with at the time

Chad Henne and Matt Moore and he and Sparano also gave Reggie Bush the opportunity to be the featured back.

clearly this 3 headed monster experiment on its own is not working.
I think you need to be clear what you are saying on this before discussing anything else, are you saying the structure in place isn't working, or is it the individuals? I haven't seen many instances of plays not getting in on time, so haven't seen the structure creating an issue. In terms of the play calling, given how awful the oline has been has the play calling really been that bad? The pass that gave away the safety was apparently Brissett, so are you saying we aren't using what playmakers we have on O as well as we should? The last game the gameplan was OK in the main I thought, and the issue in previous games I'm not sure a lot of it was on the OC?

Personally I would rather let the season play out before making a decision, if things improve I would prefer we keep what we have as OC and QB coach and give us continuity.

I am always leery of those coaches like Daboll. Guys who looked great while coaching an elite QB. Adam Gase, Bienemi, etc

Daboll was here once and didn't do all that great (6-10) but he also had Matt Moore and Chad Henne. He was also the Chiefs OC when they went 2-14 with Matt Cassell.

Daboll was 5-11 as OC in Cleveland with Brady Quinn & 5-11 with Colt McCoy.
I thought Daboll stunk everywhere he went - and you’ve just solidified my opinion. No thanks on him.

Back
Top Bottom