Who will be the first? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the first?

rvicious

Starter
Reaction score
So, now that we lost this game, who will be the first ot post a thread showing us all the scenarios on how we can still make the playoffs?? I for one am pist for the loss cuase we could have won the game, but this is the NFL and we are going to lose some games, expecting to go undefeated was a pipe dream. Now is time to look ahead and learn from the mistakes, lets DESTROY NEW ENGLAND!!!!!

We did get help with KC and Denver both losing yesterday.

We're not going to the playoffs. No way. That dream ended a long time ago. We need to start playing some young guys to get them some experience and so we can see what they can do. Joey needs to be gone and if Dante didn't have a huge contract he needs to be gone too. Our D won all the big games this season. Joey and our Offense didn't have a lot to do with it... He hasn't played one interception free game. Those two on sunday were horrible... Gotta go.

Hey anything is possible . . . LOL but I know one thing . . . if the Jags, Jets, Bengals, Chiefs and Broncos all lose next week and we win . . . u will have a bunch of playoff scenarios and big time "analyst" on the board with their scenarios. Which is why its silly to say "we have no shot".

rvicious said:
So, now that we lost this game, who will be the first ot post a thread showing us all the scenarios on how we can still make the playoffs?? I for one am pist for the loss cuase we could have won the game, but this is the NFL and we are going to lose some games, expecting to go undefeated was a pipe dream. Now is time to look ahead and learn from the mistakes, lets DESTROY NEW ENGLAND!!!!!

Uh...Going undefeated is a pipe dream? How about winning 10 games? I guess thats a pipe dream as well. At this point, I think beating NE is a pipe dream too.

Kdawg954 said:
Hey anything is possible . . . LOL but I know one thing . . . if the Jags, Jets, Bengals, Chiefs and Broncos all lose next week and we win . . . u will have a bunch of playoff scenarios and big time "analyst" on the board with their scenarios. Which is why its silly to say "we have no shot".

Its perfectly logical and sane to say we have no shot. Its silly to say there is hope for the season.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Its perfectly logical and sane to say we have no shot. Its silly to say there is hope for the season.

Ok, but it wasn't silly after starting 1-6 was it? And if it plays out how I just posted . . . then it wont be silly either . . . me, personally, I wasn't expecting the playoffs after the terrible start we had . . . but I know how this board is and how fans get antsy with a few wins and hope for the best . . . and in typical fashion we could win the next 4 and Saban is god but when we find out we came up just short of the playoffs after the 4 oclock games then he is garbage again . . . its just typical South Florida fans . . . and this goes for all sports.

The fat lady has sung. It's over, because it's over. There is no way on earth this team is going to the playoffs.

I'm confident they'll string together 4 victories, now that they no longer play any truly meaningful games. Playoffs WILL NOT Happen, Period! Anyone who thinks it is in any way a reality has not looked at the reality of not just their 5-7 record, but their horrific conference record.

The reality is, that this organization has to come to grips with the fact that there are serious flaws in this team and that they need significant work to get to the point of being a contender. Perhaps the best thing to happen would be to finish 6-10 or 7-9 or worse.

They still need more youth and another key player or two on D. And, the offense needs serious revamping. There is no offensive identity.

it has to be obvious that the playoff dreams are over now but what would be better than to beat the jets on xmas night and ruin their playoff dreams, the answer is nothing, this is still a big game to get excited for

we will not make the playoffs now i still had hope when we had our streak but only a miracle could put us in the playoffs now unfortunately.

Da 'Fins said:
The fat lady has sung. It's over, because it's over. There is no way on earth this team is going to the playoffs.

I'm confident they'll string together 4 victories, now that they no longer play any truly meaningful games. Playoffs WILL NOT Happen, Period! Anyone who thinks it is in any way a reality has not looked at the reality of not just their 5-7 record, but their horrific conference record.

The reality is, that this organization has to come to grips with the fact that there are serious flaws in this team and that they need significant work to get to the point of being a contender. Perhaps the best thing to happen would be to finish 6-10 or 7-9 or worse.

They still need more youth and another key player or two on D. And, the offense needs serious revamping. There is no offensive identity.
Totally agree on the identity thing - though with Ricky Williams this is a different offense - no matter who plays QB...

If we didn't start off 1-6 we wouldn't have had to win 9 straight games to make the playoffs and I am getting tired of watching this team just so they can disappointment me.

I personally think THIS is the true test of Saban right now.

The test is not making the playoffs. The test is handling a "new" adversity.

2 years in a row, we've went on long winning streaks after horrific starts. The bad starts could be overcome with the mentality of "new this" and "new that".... then, when things started clicking it became obvious the "new stuff" was working.

Now, here we are. The players felt relief when the winning streak started. It seems more than any team I've seen (and it's fans), the fins are motivated by hype. And they believe what they here... tooo much.

Well, our "magical" roll started again. Looked like we were "supposed" to win the rest of our games. I mean, that's what happened last year when we did it. ;)

Guess what... not every team decided to concede a loss to us because we've "got our roll on". Jacksonville decided to beat us. NOW WHAT?!!!!!

Yep, it's time to bring out the "Saban should be fired", the "I hope Saban DOES take the Alabama job", "we suck", "this team is disappointing", "CC IS a #1 receiver", "Is Saban the right man for the job", "Did we need Ricky after all?" and numerous other posts that simply add drama to a situation that doesn't need it.

Fact is, the players' faith in Saban may be tested now more than ever. THIS is the first real adversity this year that the players didn't have an answer for in the back of their mind. All along, the fans and players have felt the "inevitable winning streak" was about to happen. Well, the song came and went. Still like your savior now? Or is it time to the hit the panic button and take out the "trash"?

And to recap, Saban is the right guy for the job. CC is not a #1 receiver. And, yes, we do miss Ricky.

All else equal (coaching, etc), elite talent separates great teams from good teams and good teams from bad teams.

So, all those Sammy Morris supporters glad we didn't have Ricky?

Oh that's right, you forgot how vital Ricky Williams was last year in the 6 game winning streak... didn't you?

One last item... was Ronnie's injuy last year just a "fluke"... or are you finally convinced now that players GET HURT? It is tackle football, you know.

Um all the talk of playoffs was wishful thinking after a 1-6 start. I take it one game at a time, because if you look too far forward, you don't see where you are going.

hof13 said:
We did get help with KC and Denver both losing yesterday.

Uh Oh...
somebody still has some hope

I wish I could believe we could, but i do not wish for the dolphins to make the playoffs only to get killed by another team. Not just for the pride, for the team it would be best no to go and wait for the next season to seriously attempt to make the playoffs without haveing to scurry it out at the end.:(

Back
Top Bottom