Who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks in 2020? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks in 2020?

It's going to be Weaver he was a sack machine in College. 9 sacks :)

A lot of people make it seem like we didn't come out of this draft with a sack monster. I think we did with the all time Mountain West sack leader.

I don't know what his rookie year will look like, but every other player has around an 8 sack ceiling.

Weaver is the one player that has double digit sack potential in his future.

I respectfully disagree brother, I agree it will be a bit to see who is best together, and it will take time to gel, but I am not ready to give up on the Offensive line already. :ffic:
Hey, I'm not giving up on them! I am desperately hoping they prove me wrong and show their pass-pro chops quickly! But I call 'em like I see 'em, and I don't see this group having it yet. We have 3 vets who have proven they can be relatively solid in Jesse Davis (LT/RT), Ereck Flowers (LG/RG, but not OT), and Ted Karras (C/LG/RG). If those three players play in any of those positions, I'm hopeful they can be solid.

But we have 2 more spots, one guard and one tackle. I am/was a big fan of Michael Dieter, but let's be honest, he had a rocky rookie season. The other potentials we brought in, Evan Boehm, Danny Isadora, etc., were very journeyman at best in their production--very subpar. Guys like Julie'n Davenport, and J'Marcus Webb definitely do not have the ability. So, it will be up to the youngest OT drafted--Austin Jackson--to fully recover from the bone marrow transplant physically, step up his body, technique and preparation and become a starting blindside protector. If he's a RT, that'll be Tua's blindside, and if he's a LT that will be Fitz's blindside, but either way it's a lot of pressure to put on a physically recovering young rookie. If he can't do it--and I can't see our office expecting all of that in his rookie year--the burden falls to the small school kid Hunt who was a man among boys at a small level and didn't even pass protect very often. That all sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. And while Ereck Flowers played well in his one season at guard, if we're forced to play Flowers at either OT, he's conclusively proven to be one of the league's worst. My rosiest colored glasses cannot see a solid OT solution opposite Jesse Davis.

We might be able to hide one of the guards (Dieter, Hunt or my underdog candidate Solomon Kindley) in the right scheme, but we can't hide an OG and an OT. My heart is right there with ya brother. My head and eyes are telling me that my heart isn't being realistic. Let's both hope these rookies prove me wrong. :)

Fins up!

We might be able to hide one of the guards (Dieter, Hunt or my underdog candidate Solomon Kindley) in the right scheme, but we can't hide an OG and an OT. My heart is right there with ya brother. My head and eyes are telling me that my heart isn't being realistic. Let's both hope these rookies prove me wrong. :)

Fins up!
I really like this guy, hes very big and physical, held his own against that Auburn line, except for one play Brown got him pretty good.

Last edited:
I really like this guy, hes v ery big and physical, held his own against that Auburn line, except for one play Brown got him pretty good.
Yeah, I think had he come out last year he might have been drafted higher. He has some good tape as a pass protector against SEC competition, so I think their is some potential if he hones his craft. His run blocking at the point of attack is excellent, so if we're building a road-grader OL to run block, he fits the mold perfectly. While Hunt may have the better physical tools, Kindley probably is the more reliably dominant player in the run game. Now, asking him to pull and hit men in space like a typical zone blocking scheme guy ... that's not his forte. All signs point to us trying to run a Harbaugh type offense where everything flows from establishing a dominant run game. Acknowledging that we haven't had a running game since the days or Ricky and Ronnie, I'd say it's premature to think we can make that work in 2020. Just my $0.02 for what it's worth ... probably only a penny.

Ogbah has the most pass rushing talent and will hopefully get the most opportunities ... so I'm going wit him at around 8.5
Funny he wasn't even mentioned in the source document. Lol. Do you think he'll be that good?

Yeah, I think had he come out last year he might have been drafted higher. He has some good tape as a pass protector against SEC competition, so I think their is some potential if he hones his craft. His run blocking at the point of attack is excellent, so if we're building a road-grader OL to run block, he fits the mold perfectly. While Hunt may have the better physical tools, Kindley probably is the more reliably dominant player in the run game. Now, asking him to pull and hit men in space like a typical zone blocking scheme guy ... that's not his forte. All signs point to us trying to run a Harbaugh type offense where everything flows from establishing a dominant run game. Acknowledging that we haven't had a running game since the days or Ricky and Ronnie, I'd say it's premature to think we can make that work in 2020. Just my $0.02 for what it's worth ... probably only a penny.
I think Kindley will be the better player than Hunt.....What..

I think Kindley will be the better player than Hunt.....What..
Yeah, Hunt faced almost no competition, so we have very little real tape on the kid. He dominated at a very low level because he was sooooo much bigger, stronger, and quicker than his competition. We had a similar G/T not too long ago named Turner (already forgotten his first name) who had all the physical talent in the world, nasty attitude, worked hard ... but never mastered the technique and never really became an NFL caliber player. I'd say there's a lot of boom or bust in Hunt ... too much for my taste given how we traded up in a high round (for an OL) to get him.

In contrast, Kindley played consistently well against the best the SEC had to offer. He had some very good tape as a junior, and while his pass-pro dropped off as a senior, he was still pretty good against the best college football had to offer. Solomon Kindley is more technically sound, plays more consistently, and should become a starting NFL player.

Funny he wasn't even mentioned in the source document. Lol. Do you think he'll be that good?
He had 5.5 sacks, and 6 TFL, playing in 10 games, starting 4. Missed 6 games due to injury. He has potential, but I think hes a better edge setter, just like Lawson is. Like was said in some previous comments in this thread, I think were going to see the sacks come from multiple poistions, DL, LB, and DB's.

I'm a little biased as I wanted him coming out of Ok State but he showed me plenty his only healthy season as a rookie like 4 years ago. He was obviously banged up the next few seasons but he returned to form in his 10 healthy games last year. He's sneaky smooth with length and a decent arsenal of moves so the recipe is there ... he just needs to stay healthy long enough to put it all together.

I also don't think we're going to be a pure 3-4 based on how the roster has taken shape so him and Lawson should get enough looks from a position where they're set up to succeed ... which has been a major issue within this organization for as long as I can remember.

Yeah, Hunt faced almost no competition, so we have very little real tape on the kid. He dominated at a very low level because he was sooooo much bigger, stronger, and quicker than his competition. We had a similar G/T not too long ago named Turner (already forgotten his first name) who had all the physical talent in the world, nasty attitude, worked hard ... but never mastered the technique and never really became an NFL caliber player. I'd say there's a lot of boom or bust in Hunt ... too much for my taste given how we traded up in a high round (for an OL) to get him.

In contrast, Kindley played consistently well against the best the SEC had to offer. He had some very good tape as a junior, and while his pass-pro dropped off as a senior, he was still pretty good against the best college football had to offer. Solomon Kindley is more technically sound, plays more consistently, and should become a starting NFL player.
I feel like this is a pretty fair take and valid concerns for sure

I'm a little biased as I wanted him coming out of Ok State but he showed me plenty his only healthy season as a rookie like 4 years ago. He was obviously banged up the next few seasons but he returned to form in his 10 healthy games last year. He's sneaky smooth with length and a decent arsenal of moves so the recipe is there ... he just needs to stay healthy long enough to put it all together.

I also don't think we're going to be a pure 3-4 based on how the roster has taken shape so him and Lawson should get enough looks from a position where they're set up to succeed ... which has been a major issue within this organization for as long as I can remember.

Stole the words out of my mind. Loved him in OKST, thought he was injury riddled and in the wrong scheme. I don't know who will lead team; I'd bet on him, if I had a gun to my head, but I think there will be 4-7 guys with 4-7 sacks

Back
Top Bottom