Who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks in 2020? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks in 2020?

Care little about individual slackers. I wa t the TEAM to be top 5. I don't want the opposing O to focus on ONE guy. Give me a number of guys with 6-8 sacks

I think it will be sacks by committee and we'll have several guys with 4 , 5 and 6 but no one with 10 sacks.
I could see one of our corners being in that group

Charles Harris' ghost.

Ogbah or Lawson. It defintely wont be Christian Wilkins imo. I dont think Wilkins will ever get to being a top guy on the team with sacks with such a limited burst. Hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
It will probably be some break out player that nobody expected... like AVG.
After his showing in the NE game, I have been talking about this guy to a few people. Sucks he sat out most the year on IR. He first shined in the Cincy game on ST, but he was more heavily used against NE where he was very disruptive in their backfield. Houtz put together a little video of that game. I dont know how he will perform this year after missing significant time last season, but he does look like he has some potential.

I think it will be sacks by committee and we'll have several guys with 4 , 5 and 6 but no one with 10 sacks.
I could see one of our corners being in that group
Brandon Jones and Nik Needham are both guys who have shown they can blitz from their positions. I think one of them will be asked to do it more this upcoming season, agree with that assessment.

Brandon Jones and Nik Needham are both guys who have shown they can blitz from their positions. I think one of them will be asked to do it more this upcoming season, agree with that assessment.

What i'm thinking is with two lock down corners one plays man to man while the other blitzes with help behind him

wow, that short Video, is very impressive, cant wait to see this Develop

He might get it together and lead the Falcons in sacks, even though I seriously I doubt it. Yet unless the Falcons cut him and the Dolphins decide to resign him, he has zero chance of leading the Dolphins in sacks.
That seventh round pick we got for Harris will probably end his career with more sacks than Chuck will ever get.

I'm sad to say it, but maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick unless we find a couple more pass protectors. He will likely suffer more sacks than anyone on our defense can generate. :(

The article used the premise that he would be used a lot in coverage packages, thus limiting his opportunities, but I dont really agree.

Our DBs shouldn't need all that much help. We may have 6 DBs on the field in most passing situations.
You hit the nail on the head @Mach2 . IMHO, this will be the key to our defense this year.

With Byron Jones locking down one option, defenses will be forced to throw at X, and he could have a great year of maybe even 7 takeaways. Most of the focus will be on targeting our nickel and dime DB's, so if they can hold up, this defense could flip into a very good defense overnight. If they do not hold up, then this pass rush will require the manufactured pass rush we saw so successfully in New England, but so far haven't really seen in Miami. I can see our defense being a boom or bust type defense depending upon the nickel and dime players. Here's hoping Iggy develops quickly.

You hit the nail on the head @Mach2 . IMHO, this will be the key to our defense this year.

With Byron Jones locking down one option, defenses will be forced to throw at X, and he could have a great year of maybe even 7 takeaways. Most of the focus will be on targeting our nickel and dime DB's, so if they can hold up, this defense could flip into a very good defense overnight. If they do not hold up, then this pass rush will require the manufactured pass rush we saw so successfully in New England, but so far haven't really seen in Miami. I can see our defense being a boom or bust type defense depending upon the nickel and dime players. Here's hoping Iggy develops quickly.
Also depending upon our ability to stop the run. It needs to be a well coordinated team effort, to be a top unit.

I believe we are on our way. Probably still a couple players away, unless our draft was hugely successful on that side of the ball.

Also depending upon our ability to stop the run. It needs to be a well coordinated team effort, to be a top unit.

I believe we are on our way. Probably still a couple players away, unless our draft was hugely successful on that side of the ball.
True, and while I'm high on McMillan, he hasn't shown the versatility to earn a full time spot. And sadly, Baker is still very bad at run defense, so his starting spot is very much up in the air. Van Noy seems to be the only LB we can really count on to do his job ... and he's in his prime, but no spring chicken. We need better LB's. Here's hoping those two and guys like Van Ginkel and Beagel develop.

Back
Top Bottom