Who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks in 2020? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks in 2020?

I'm sad to say it, but maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick unless we find a couple more pass protectors. He will likely suffer more sacks than anyone on our defense can generate. :(
I respectfully disagree brother, I agree it will be a bit to see who is best together, and it will take time to gel, but I am not ready to give up on the Offensive line already. :ffic:

Last edited:
I don't expect anyone one individual to lead Miami in sacks by a huge amount, but there could be a big sacks by committee type pass-rush in Miami.

Would not be surprised to see 4 or 5 players with over 5 sacks each, with only 9 or 10 leading the pack.

I remain unconvinced that Lawson isn't closer to Shelby than Wake.

Maybe Van Not? Idk. We might have numerous players with 5 or 6 sacks and few/no players with a high sack count

I hope a LB isn't our sack leader. Sure, he'll get his but if that's the case our D line is putrid. I'm going Lawson or Weaver. What about Ogbah?
You might want to look at last year's sack leaders. 3 of the top 5 were LBs.

That's not the design of many defenses today, as it was in past decades.

The 3-4, and particularly hybrids rely on scheme, and mismatches moreso than on pass rushing from a single position.

You might want to look at last year's sack leaders. 3 of the top 5 were LBs.

That's not the design of many defenses today, as it was in past decades.

The 3-4, and particularly hybrids rely on scheme, and mismatches moreso than on pass rushing from a single position.
Thanks Mach. I know. But just saying we put some serious horses on the DL over the last two years. I would expect the cream to still rise there. I know 3-4 is LB sack specific but Flores will set it up to take advantage of the talent wherever it is.

Thanks Mach. I know. But just saying we put some serious horses on the DL over the last two years. I would expect the cream to still rise there. I know 3-4 is LB sack specific but Flores will set it up to take advantage of the talent wherever it is.
I would expect the DL to get some sacks, but agree due to scheme it’s probably going to be well spread into the LBers too.

The way this defense is being built, I could see the sack total going up significantly over last year (it really has to), with the leader only having 7 or 8, maybe even a guy like Biegel.

Back
Top Bottom