Who will start at Running Back Second Half of the Season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will start at Running Back Second Half of the Season?

Who will be the starting running back for the Dolphins in 2nd half of the season?

• Ricky Williams

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ronnie Brown

Votes: 148 90.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
I really believe that Ronnie Brown will struggle behind this offensive line and prove once again that it is the true deficiency holding this team back from winning on a consistent basis.

Although Ricky will likely have to serve a 4 game suspension at the beginning of the season, I think he'll be starting and getting 75% of the carries late in the season.

The difference he'll produce will surely prove his dominance in thie league and hopefully make this organization address the need it has failed to do over the last 3-4 offseasons.

i would be opposed to starting him just on principle, if you start him it sends a bad message to the rook and the rest of the team. If he wants to be on the field bad enough let him lead block, play the wedge on KO's. there's a lot of respect/trust he has to earn back. show his teamates he's willing to do anything (special teams) and mabye THEY will move past last year, MABYE...

Even if Wicky comes back he will not be our starter. He no longer can be trusted with such a thing.

U honestly think that Ricky (who barely weighs 200lbs and who hasnt played football in over a year) is going to start over a young stud that we just invested the #2 overall pick on?:rolleyes:

The only time Ricky will start is on plays where Linehan drops Ronnie in the slot as a 3rd receiver!

We might be expecting too much if we think Brown will immediately get 1,000 yds this year. A lot of backs don't dominate till the second half of their first season if not their second. If we were making a playoff push, it wouldn't be that surprising to see Ricky being the starter and getting 95 percent of the carries down the strech, just cause a fresh Ricky could dominate. People assume that time off from football will have hurt Ricy's football skills, but his body may be better off from it and I don't think he will have let himself go. If we had Ricky and Ronnie, it would be a nice problem to have.

dean_siu said:
I really believe that Ronnie Brown will struggle behind this offensive line and prove once again that it is the true deficiency holding this team back from winning on a consistent basis.

Although Ricky will likely have to serve a 4 game suspension at the beginning of the season, I think he'll be starting and getting 75% of the carries late in the season.

Hmmm ... back to the drawing board there, buddy. :)

View Poll Results: Who will be the starting running back for the Dolphins in 2nd half of the season?
Ricky Williams 5 10.20%
Ronnie Brown 43 87.76%
Other 1 2.04%

I think Brown is better then Williams was or will be if he comes back

Assuming Williams does return, I think he's be the #1 the whole season.....and Brwon would be #2 but they would both have MANY carries throughout the year, I just think u have more reliability on the proven NFL back compared to a rookie......

I love Brown and think he'll be a hell of a pro......but to say he can beat out Ricky in his first year.....I dunno.

But this is assuming he DOES come back, if he doesnt there's no one who'll even compete with Brown.

TO be honest I want Williams to come back.....I think with him and Brown in the back field changing the pace......we could go from the worst rushing offenses to the top 5 IMO!

nick19991 said:
I think Brown is better then Williams was or will be if he comes back

That's quite a bold statement to say considering he's never played a down in the NFL yet. Just cause your a high draft pick doesnt mean your going to be a superstar. But let's pray he is!

Do people really believe that Ricky Williams will play again in Miami? And if he does will he have enough time to get into game shape before the start of this season? Like someone already said, he's about 25 lbs below his playing weight. Do people know something that the rest of the world doesn't know? Ronnie Brown was drafted to be the starter this year. Immediate impact, I think thats what Saban had said. 1000 yds is not out of the question for a rookie RB. LT rushed for 1200 his rookie year I believe. Besides there are probably over 20 rbs in the NFL who rushed over a 1000 yds last year. 1000 yds rushing doesn't really mean as much as it used to. Total yds from scrimmage is what matters now. Anyway, Ronnie Brown should be the starter and should put up some really nice numbers. Will he get 1600 yds rushing and 15 tds. Probably not. But 1000 yds rushing and 500 yds recieving and 10 TDs is not out of reach. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom