Who will Win Rookie OF the Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will Win Rookie OF the Year?

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
I hate to say it but i think Thr Rookie OF theYear will go To Braylon Edwards and Ronnie Will be right there in 2nd voting, I just see Braylon Getting 80 catches 1000 yards 7 td's

I think it will be Ronnie, Braylon or Troy Williamson -- on the defensive side - Demarcus Ware, Erasmus James or Carlos Rogers

My vote would have to go to Cedric Benson. I feel he will get the most carries out of all the running backs in Chicago since they have no passing threat other than the acquisition of Muhammad. I think Benson will be used as a workload and behind their what I would call above average offensive line I expect him to reach maybe close to 1200+ rushing yards.

The problem with Braylon Edwards is that he doesn't really have a productive QB to throw to him especially with Trent Dilfer possibly starting. Trent Dilfer is a good back up in my opinion, but I don't think he should be starting for Cleveland and I don't think Charlie Frye is the answer. Alex Smith will be a train wreck in San Francisco. Ronnie Brown could very possibly be the second candidate for Rookie Of The Year, but I don't think he's going to be used as workload like Benson will (which is a good thing because that's how RB's get worn down). Another important factor would be if any of the rookies lead their team to playoffs... I honestly think we have a better chance of making playoffs with Ronnie Brown than Alex Smith does with San Fran, Cedric Benson does with Chicago, and Braylon Edwards does with Cleveland. Another rookie I have in mind for MVP candidate would be Troy Williamson and Mike Williams because they're both playoff bound teams in my opinion (althought I feel Detroit will miss out on playoffs by a game or two). Troy Williams will be starting and Mike Williams will not be getting as many catches as he could be getting because he'll be behind Charlie Rogers and Roy Williams.

Also, the advantage that Troy Williamson has that none of the other WR's have (Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams) is that he has a GREAT QB that will be throwing him the ball in Daunte Culpepper. So I think he has a very great shot at having an amazing rookie year and will definitely be candidate in my own (also Vikes will probably make playoffs and possibly win division too).

My Top 3 Candidates: Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, and Troy Williamson.

painnotpleasure said:
My vote would have to go to Cedric Benson. I feel he will get the most carries out of all the running backs in Chicago since they have no passing threat other than the acquisition of Muhammad. I think Benson will be used as a workload and behind their what I would call above average offensive line I expect him to reach maybe close to 1200+ rushing yards.

The problem with Braylon Edwards is that he doesn't really have a productive QB to throw to him especially with Trent Dilfer possibly starting. Trent Dilfer is a good back up in my opinion, but I don't think he should be starting for Cleveland and I don't think Charlie Frye is the answer. Alex Smith will be a train wreck in San Francisco. Ronnie Brown could very possibly be the second candidate for Rookie Of The Year, but I don't think he's going to be used as workload like Benson will (which is a good thing because that's how RB's get worn down). Another important factor would be if any of the rookies lead their team to playoffs... I honestly think we have a better chance of making playoffs with Ronnie Brown than Alex Smith does with San Fran, Cedric Benson does with Chicago, and Braylon Edwards does with Cleveland. Another rookie I have in mind for MVP candidate would be Troy Williamson and Mike Williams because they're both playoff bound teams in my opinion (althought I feel Detroit will miss out on playoffs by a game or two). Troy Williams will be starting and Mike Williams will not be getting as many catches as he could be getting because he'll be behind Charlie Rogers and Roy Williams.

Also, the advantage that Troy Williamson has that none of the other WR's have (Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams) is that he has a GREAT QB that will be throwing him the ball in Daunte Culpepper. So I think he has a very great shot at having an amazing rookie year and will definitely be candidate in my own (also Vikes will probably make playoffs and possibly win division too).

My Top 3 Candidates: Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, and Troy Williamson.

well done but i really think it will be Braylon cuz Trent is decent and will get him the ball look at wat griese did to Clayton and griese isnt great, on the other hand Benson is a strong posibility with the carries but i jus say Braylon is the man to win it wheter its short passes or bombs or routes the guy has hands of god and with trent to throw to him he will succeed ( Dilfers arm is better than a feeley's) so i say Edwards final vote

Cedric Benson, easily. He's the most prepared player in the draft. He'll have the easiest transition out of them all. The RB position is the easiest to transition to (from college to the NFL) and his expirence and running style are perfect for the NFL.

Who knows who'll have the better careers of the big 3 (As I said, this could be the equavilent of the 83 QB draft for RB) but Benson (IMO) is going to adapt quicker, and have better numbers.

Mike Nugent - Kicker - New York Jets

He could very well score 100+ points for the Jets this year....should he be considered?

dominizzo said:
I hate to say it but i think Thr Rookie OF theYear will go To Braylon Edwards and Ronnie Will be right there in 2nd voting, I just see Braylon Getting 80 catches 1000 yards 7 td's

I think you need a QB for that to happen, and he will see a lot of double coverage.

Benson - and pretty easily.

As Hostile said he is NFL ready and could have a huge year... especailly since he IS the Chicago offense until Grossman proves otherwise.

I also think Carlos Rogers is going to wow people and produce big numbers.

It is going to take time for Ronnie to reach his potential. Ronnie was picked because of what he can do... but he has unreached potential that will show over time. People need to be patient with him and not expect miracles straight away.

To all who say Benson -- He'll most likely be backing up Thomas Jones for about 7 weeks at least.

HysterikiLL said:
To all who say Benson -- He'll most likely be backing up Thomas Jones for about 7 weeks at least.
we'll see.

You don't spend a the 4th overall pick on a RB and sit him. You start him from day one. Imagine the uproar if Miami started Morris over Ronnie.

I think Benson should. He'll be used the most. I sure would like to see Ronnie get it though, that means he had a good year.

Or Roth leading the league in sacks. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom