Who will win the division and how many teams from the division will make the playoffs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will win the division and how many teams from the division will make the playoffs?

It's a given if Miami makes the playoffs (which I think they will) they'll be on the road again as a 5th or 6th seed

New England wins that's an easy one. Miami, of the other 3, has the only realistic shot to make the playoffs. However I'm not expecting them to. Honestly I still think it's another year before they get to a point where they are a legit, every season, playoff team. The team did improve over the offseason but last season they over achieved. So are they better this season than last ... yes. Are they good enough to make a wildcard ... not sure.

Pats wins the division. I doubt any of the other teams in the division do. No one has a chance to win the division which makes it so difficult to make the playoffs as the 5 or 6 seed while contending with half a dozen other teams.

We will be in a dogfight for the wildcard spot imo

1. NE
2. Raiders
3. Texans
4. Steelers

And within the other divisions- the Titans, Broncos/Chiefs/maybe Chargers, Ravens/Bengals

All look to be competitive, so we need to win a lot to have a shot

That's why I love the NFL. You never know what's going to unfold. It happens to every QB sooner or later as their bodies break down. We saw it with Marino, Elway, Manning, etc. Tom Brady is no different. Especially since he turns 40 years old in 3 weeks. How many QB's played great at that age in the modern era? Physically he is no Warren Moon, who played until he was 44. He also dropped off going from age 39 to 40 as he threw for 4228 yards, 33 TD's and 14 picks at age 39. The next year he started 8 games (half as many) and threw for 1610 yards, 7 TD & 9 picks. 91 Qb rating to a 68.

That's why I love the NFL. You never know what's going to unfold. It happens to every QB sooner or later as their bodies break down. We saw it with Marino, Elway, Manning, etc. Tom Brady is no different. Especially since he turns 40 years old in 3 weeks. How many QB's played great at that age in the modern era? Physically he is no Warren Moon, who played until he was 44. He also dropped off going from age 39 to 40 as he threw for 4228 yards, 33 TD's and 14 picks at age 39. The next year he started 8 games (half as many) and threw for 1610 yards, 7 TD & 9 picks. 91 Qb rating to a 68.

Physically Peyton Manning was no match for Ryan Leaf. Smarts and accuracy are far more important. Like Manning, Brady has both mental qualities which aren't as easily deteriorated as physical abilities such as arm strength.

Physically Peyton Manning was no match for Ryan Leaf. Smarts and accuracy are far more important. Like Manning, Brady has both mental qualities which aren't as easily deteriorated as physical abilities such as arm strength.

I didn't say Warren Moon or Dan Marino dropped off because they got dumb.

I didn't say Warren Moon or Dan Marino dropped off because they got dumb.

The Run & Shoot requires more physical ability in terms of arm strength to execute than the Patriot's E&P. That's where the drop off occurred for Moon. That was my point.

I don't see Brady declining until... we actually see it on the field. He's just such a beast, sadly

Miami will win the division and take the league by storm this year. Our time is now, people just don't see it yet. NE will take a step back this year, I think Brady starts to finally show his age. He didn't look so hot in the first half of the SB, but then Melty Ice and co decided to choke the game away in epic fashion lol.

Last edited:
Even if Brady declined drastically this season, he'd still probably be better than Marino was in 1999.

And the Patriots as a whole could take a step back or two and still win the division with relative ease. That team is competing for the conference title and the Super Bowl every year. Winning the division is merely their warm up.

Miami will win the division and take the league by storm this year. Our time is now, people just don't see it yet. NE will take a step back this year, I think Brady starts to finally show his age. He didn't look so hot in the first half of the SB, but then Melty Ice and co decided to choke the game away in epic fashion lol.

According to this "logic", wouldn't this mean that Ryan is aging and couldn't maintain his performance while Brady was reinvigorated in the 2nd half and helped lead his offense to an epic comeback?

BTW, nice aqua and coral sunglasses. I used to have a pair like that back in the day until they were crushed by the weight of reality.

Back
Top Bottom