Who will you want at QB. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will you want at QB.

Mcpherson

But he'll be gone in the 2nd round and it doesn't look like we'll be getting anything between Ronnie Brown and the 70th.

kingfin said:
Another guy that dont no football.Rivers almost beat out D.Brees.. Hello.Smith is going to be a bust,because he has a rag arm.And he lived is collage style as a shotgun QB.People dont no that.Thats why there are football fans and football real fans..Im a football real fan..I no the game.All you no is Dolphin football.I no that and than some.
:shakeno: I guess I'm not a real fan because I don't want Rivers. History has shown that qbs with a cannon for an arm have not always been the most successful. Ryan Leaf had great arm strength. Look the most successful qb in the nfl, Tom Brady. Accuracy and intelligence are what a qb needs. Other things like arm strength and footwork can be taught to someone who isn't even 21 yet. Try teaching a qb how to be intelligent.

Anthony3454 said:
I wouldn't touch Rivers with a ten foot pole. Rodgers and Smith will be much better than him. It would take huge compesation to trade for him. He's got the strangest release that I ever seen. He was a reach at #4 last year and has the greatest chance of being a bust.

It wouldnt be the first time a QB had a quirky throwing motion.They never bothered to correct that because he still has a quick release and is highly accurate.He has good size too.I would be happy if we manage to trade for him.But I just dont see it happening because of the cap situation.I have yet to see a capologist analysis to see if the trade would make any sense.

I really dont know if Smith or Rodgers could be franchise type QBs but I will trust Saban's judgement on that.

Anyway the whole apparent interest in Smith might be a smokescreen to gather up trade interest.

Saban seemed to go out off his way to point out interest in Smith during his PC.Its almost as though he was directing his comments to other teams.

If you really wanted Smith would you really do that ?I have my doubts.I think he wants to trade down.

I'd have to say Jason Campbell in the second or Adrian Mcpherson in the third round. If we get a second round pick

kingfin said:
You need to no football to say Rivers.But you wanna gamble on McPherson.I will bet my pay check that McPherson is going to be a bust.

i like rivers and i'd be happy with the SD trade but i still stand by my statement that Mcpherson could be Saban's Tom Brady

Anthony3454 said:
:shakeno: I guess I'm not a real fan because I don't want Rivers. History has shown that qbs with a cannon for an arm have not always been the most successful. Ryan Leaf had great arm strength. Look the most successful qb in the nfl, Tom Brady. Accuracy and intelligence are what a qb needs. Other things like arm strength and footwork can be taught to someone who isn't even 21 yet. Try teaching a qb how to be intelligent.

yeah but after having Fiedler for 4 and a half seasons you got to agree that some arm strength is important.... Brady has great arm strength too.

finsrule84 said:
i like rivers and i'd be happy with the SD trade but i still stand by my statement that Mcpherson could be Saban's Tom Brady
That statement is flawed becuase McPherson is the anti-Tom Brady. One has all the talent on paper and the other is the one who is less talented, but extremely productive.

I have been on the Kyle Orton bandwagon, personally.

Take a look at this from NFL Draft Countdown:

Strengths: Has been extremely productive in a pass-happy offense...Has a ton of experience against top competition...Great size...Good leadership qualities...Has a very strong arm...Accurate passer...Competitive...Tough and will stand in the pocket to deliver the ball.
Weaknesses: There are concerns that he is simply a system quarterback...More mobile than he was early in his career, but still not great in that area...Will birddog his primary receiver...Struggles under pressure...Played out of the shotgun for the most part...Inconsistent as a senior.
Notes: A better prospect than Drew Brees was coming out...Had an up and down senior season and got off to an amazing start before leveling off...Has the tools you look for, but will likely be one of the most debated prospects in this draft...May be a boom or bust type of guy.

Orton has the look and size of a QB. I'm not sold on McPherson, Orlovsky, or Frye, or any of the other later round QBs.

finsrule84 said:
yeah but after having Fiedler for 4 and a half seasons you got to agree that some arm strength is important.... Brady has great arm strength too.
Definitely, Alex Smith's arm strength is no where near fiedler bad. Also Brady improved his arm strength by becoming stronger.

Anthony3454 said:
I wouldn't touch Rivers with a ten foot pole. Rodgers and Smith will be much better than him. It would take huge compesation to trade for him. He's got the strangest release that I ever seen. He was a reach at #4 last year and has the greatest chance of being a bust.

How about a Reach at #1 overall ... lol ... San Diego got who they wanted and raped the Giants in the process. Rivers in my opinion will be better than either Smith or Rodgers. He has a quick release, extremely accurate, and can nail the long ball. Dont see the trade happening though, as much as I would like to see it.

OK, I'll take alot of heat for this, but I want AJ to be the QB.

kingfin said:
Another guy that dont no football.Rivers almost beat out D.Brees.. Hello.Smith is going to be a bust,because he has a rag arm.And he lived is collage style as a shotgun QB.People dont no that.Thats why there are football fans and football real fans..Im a football real fan..I no the game.All you no is Dolphin football.I no that and than some.

People DO know that because it's mentioned all the time when they talk about his workout. Why don't you learn the proper use of words first and then worry about football. It is KNOW not NO.

YA KNOW????

Back
Top Bottom