Who won the draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who won the draft?

Definitely improved their offensive line. Hard to believe Wyatt Davis lasted until round 3.
My bud is a Minny fan coming from there and we even have gone to a game in their new stadium. So I like to follow them. He texted me draft night not understanding their trade back. I told him I thought they wanted Darrisaw and felt they could get him a few picks later and it was a smart move. Nailed that one too lol!!

My bud is a Minny fan coming from there and we even have gone to a game in their new stadium. So I like to follow them. He texted me draft night not understanding their trade back. I told him I thought they wanted Darrisaw and felt they could get him a few picks later and it was a smart move. Nailed that one too lol!!
Plus Mond is an interesting developmental quarterback.

This kid, Wilson, has an amazing arm. He can throw a beautiful pass. But, he has never seen a disguised front, he has never seen a legitimate dedensive game plan, he has never had to look off of a second wide receiver.

If he's not good, their draft wasn't either.
Tua saw 100's of them and now what?

We're crossing our fingers and biting our nails down to the cuticles that he doesn't fall flat on his face.

The Jets got 2nd round talent in the 6th round (Hamsah Nasrildeen) and 3rd round talent (Kenny Yeboah) as an UDFA.

I see 6 potential starters from this draft class.

I hope you aren't calling it like you see it because this is an instance where we are miles apart.

Last edited:
Tua saw 100's of them and now what?

We're crossing our fingers and biting our nails down to the cuticles that he doesn't fall flat on his face.

The Jets got 2nd round talent in the 6th round (Hamsah Nasrildeen) and 3rd round talent (Kenny Yeboah) as an UDFA.

I see 6 potential starters from this draft class.

I hope you aren't calling it like you see it because this is an instance where we are miles apart.
No question, Tua has to take that next step. Have to believe Flores feels strongly that he will, otherwise I think Miami takes a quarterback at #3.

As to Wilson, it's a big jump. How many future NFL players did he go against at BYU? Not many.

I really liked what Cleveland and Baltimore did. Denver and Carolina would probably be my next two. SF and Miami in the next group

Like a lot of what Carolina and Denver did, but passing on Fields was interesting . . .

Cleveland, LAC, Chicago (Fields + Jenkins), Miami, NYJ, Baltimore, Detroit, and New England all did well.

No question, Tua has to take that next step. Have to believe Flores feels strongly that he will, otherwise I think Miami takes a quarterback at #3.

As to Wilson, it's a big jump. How many future NFL players did he go against at BYU? Not many.
He can't do any worse than Tua, and Tua played the best of the best before laying a scrambled egg in his rookie season.

The Jets had a better free agency...draft...coaching change.

Don't be surprised....

He can't do any worse than Tua, and Tua played the best of the best before laying a scrambled egg in his rookie season.

The Jets had a better free agency...draft...coaching change.

Don't be surprised....
I do think Saleh is an upgrade over Gase. He did well in SF. But we also know how hard it is to duplicate the success of another franchise. So many have tried to be the next Bill Bellicheck. Installing SF's offense is a great idea on paper. If they get there, then watch out. And I do like Wilson's tape, but recognize he didn't face the type of competition that SEC provides.

As to Tua, his rookie year was up and down. He had some impressive moments and I think that is close to what he will become. Have to look at everything. Miami had three rookies on the offensive line, a decimated receiver group down the stretch etc.

Tua didn't have an OC his rookie season. He wasn't supposed to play.

If it was the other way around Fitzgailey would still be there and not the short fat kid.

As for who won the draft, Alabama.

#NickSabanALLStars

I do think Saleh is an upgrade over Gase. He did well in SF. But we also know how hard it is to duplicate the success of another franchise. So many have tried to be the next Bill Bellicheck. Installing SF's offense is a great idea on paper. If they get there, then watch out. And I do like Wilson's tape, but recognize he didn't face the type of competition that SEC provides.

As to Tua, his rookie year was up and down. He had some impressive moments and I think that is close to what he will become. Have to look at everything. Miami had three rookies on the offensive line, a decimated receiver group down the stretch etc.
1st off...let's dispel the myth that the SEC is a minor league for the NFL. Besides Bama and whichever other team shows up, the SEC is run of the mill with other conferences. The bowl games are competitive.

That said, Wilson would have to actually be Ryan Leaf-like to be worse than Tua.

I'm a realist and don't be surprised if we aren't in a dog fight for 2nd place in the division.

1st off...let's dispel the myth that the SEC is a minor league for the NFL. Besides Bama and whichever other team shows up, the SEC is run of the mill with other conferences. The bowl games are competitive.

That said, Wilson would have to actually be Ryan Leaf-like to be worse than Tua.

I'm a realist and don't be surprised if we aren't in a dog fight for 2nd place in the division.
Well, we'll soon find out.

If Tua doesn't make a big jump, it's not because of lack of talent around him. He didn't have much to work with last year, obviously.

I also think Gailey got way too conservative the final month of the season with all the questions at wide receiver.

Well I guess if you consider 52-24 against Ohio St. or 42-25 against Clemson for all the marbles the last 2 years competitive. Ok.

If you call the SEC having more draft picks selected every year in the draft than the Pac-12 and Big-12 combined. And almost as many as the Big-10 and ACC combined. Sure.

Or if you call the SEC winning 11 of the past 15 national championships competitive.

Or if you call the SEC getting more 5-star recruits every year than all the other conferences combined competitive. 🤣

The bowl games that matter aren't competitive.

Yeah you'll see the occasional team from another conference be competitive with a mediocre SEC team in a bowl game here and there. Or a team like Florida get blown out by a team like Oklahoma because all their players sit out . But in general, competitiveness of bowl games aren't a good measuring stick. Motivation is always a factor, and it's always different for a disappointed SEC vs a team coming in with a this is our superbowl mentality.

I mean yeah you'll see conference championship caliber teams from other conferences like Tulsa be competitive in a bowl game with a 3 win Mississippi St. team under a first year head coach that's cleaning his roster - and still lose.

You like to post in narratives, and we all get that. But don't be a football idiot. As Randy Moss and Chris Carter like to say......C'mon man!

Ole Pach with the mic drop....

Well I guess if you consider 52-24 against Ohio St. or 42-25 against Clemson for all the marbles the last 2 years competitive. Ok.

If you call the SEC having more draft picks selected every year in the draft than the Pac-12 and Big-12 combined. And almost as many as the Big-10 and ACC combined. Sure.

Or if you call the SEC winning 11 of the past 15 national championships competitive.

Or if you call the SEC getting more 5-star recruits every year than all the other conferences combined competitive. 🤣

The bowl games that matter aren't competitive.

Yeah you'll see the occasional team from another conference be competitive with a mediocre SEC team in a bowl game here and there. Or a team like Florida get blown out by a team like Oklahoma because all their players sit out . But in general, competitiveness of bowl games aren't a good measuring stick. Motivation is always a factor, and it's always different for a disappointed SEC vs a team coming in with a this is our superbowl mentality.

I mean yeah you'll see conference championship caliber teams from other conferences like Tulsa be competitive in a bowl game with a 3 win Mississippi St. team under a first year head coach that's cleaning his roster - and still lose.

You like to post in narratives, and we all get that. But don't be a football idiot. As Randy Moss and Chris Carter like to say......C'mon man!
Post in narratives...?

If that's how you say that I speak the truth...I'll accept that. I'll also accept that Wilson is a better QB than Jones (and Tua--basically, Bama QB's). Furthermore, I'll accept that if the positions were changed with Jones this season that Wilson would still be the #2 pick, while Jones would have been picking a suit off the rack for his job interview. I'll really ruffle your tailfeathers with this one...had the positions been changed LAST year, Wilson would have been here and Tua would have been in Maryland scalping tickets for the Terrapins football team.

Strike the above from memory...the crux of the matter is that no matter how much SEC propaganda is force-fed to the public, there is no defense in the SEC that would have Wilson as confused as Tua looked this past season. If nothing else, just ISO Moses on the waterboy and he'll get a completion.

Well, we'll soon find out.

If Tua doesn't make a big jump, it's not because of lack of talent around him. He didn't have much to work with last year, obviously.

I also think Gailey got way too conservative the final month of the season with all the questions at wide receiver.
He got too conservative...maybe.

Did you see what happened when he opened the playbook against Buffalo? Tua looked like the blind sniper in Murder, Inc.

He got too conservative...maybe.

Did you see what happened when he opened the playbook against Buffalo? Tua looked like the blind sniper in Murder, Inc.
The entire team played really poorly in that Buffalo loss, including Tua.

In a way, maybe that will be a positive. Grier obviously saw the need for speed on offense. I don't think Miami went into the offseason fooled about being on par with Buffalo either.

Obviously, if Flores and Grier are wrong about Tua that's a major setback. But, let's face it, he didn't have a lot to work with.

Back
Top Bottom