Who won the draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who won the draft?

Post in narratives...?

If that's how you say that I speak the truth...I'll accept that. I'll also accept that Wilson is a better QB than Jones (and Tua--basically, Bama QB's). Furthermore, I'll accept that if the positions were changed with Jones this season that Wilson would still be the #2 pick, while Jones would have been picking a suit off the rack for his job interview. I'll really ruffle your tailfeathers with this one...had the positions been changed LAST year, Wilson would have been here and Tua would have been in Maryland scalping tickets for the Terrapins football team.

Strike the above from memory...the crux of the matter is that no matter how much SEC propaganda is force-fed to the public, there is no defense in the SEC that would have Wilson as confused as Tua looked this past season. If nothing else, just ISO Moses on the waterboy and he'll get a completion.

Well I don’t know what your expectations are for rookie QB’s - on poor teams - coming off a hip injury - with no offseason - surrounded by a bunch of UDFA skill position talent - all the receivers on IR - with 3 rookies on the OLine - but his rookie season was nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. In fact, it was pretty good.

All it takes to make Zach Wilson look clueless is Coastal Carolina.

I’d probably be willing to bet you $50 that an SEC player wins a Rookie of the Year Award this season in the NFL. Either offensive or defensive.

There’s some SEC propaganda for you to bet against. All you have to do is take it.

Well I don’t know what your expectations are for rookie QB’s - on poor teams - coming off a hip injury - with no offseason - surrounded by a bunch of UDFA skill position talent - all the receivers on IR - with 3 rookies on the OLine - but his rookie season was nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. In fact, it was pretty good.

All it takes to make Zach Wilson look clueless is Coastal Carolina.

I’d probably be willing to bet you $50 that an SEC player wins a Rookie of the Year Award this season in the NFL. Either offensive or defensive.

There’s some SEC propaganda for you to bet against. All you have to do is take it.
Stop it with the Tua-injured BS. He was healthy enough to play and play he did. You said so yourself, don't be disingenuous now. I recall seeing you say as much and I had to give you credit for calling it staright.

Tua's rookie season was nowhere near pretty good. It was below average. The team had a good record. To Tua's credit, he didn't mess it up.

I'll take your $50 bet on the offensive and defensive rookies of the year, ONLY if you take my counter of $75 that Wilson will have a better rookie season (statistically) than Tua did this past season.

I accept your bet, conditions applied and the conditions are not unreasonable....

The entire team played really poorly in that Buffalo loss, including Tua.

In a way, maybe that will be a positive. Grier obviously saw the need for speed on offense. I don't think Miami went into the offseason fooled about being on par with Buffalo either.

Obviously, if Flores and Grier are wrong about Tua that's a major setback. But, let's face it, he didn't have a lot to work with.
Tua gets this year to see if he has anything we should be excited about. All the rookies have that rope. I just want to see the same things his supporters saw this past season.

A year ago, no one knew who Zach Wilson was. Let's not act like he was around for years like Justin Herbert or the kid now QBing NC.

The schedule BYU played was laughable. Maybe he's really that damn good. But maybe NFL defenses will expose him.

He is set up better than Tua, no doubt. Good Oline, running game, and WR...hes got talent around him.

We will see.

Tua gets this year to see if he has anything we should be excited about. All the rookies have that rope. I just want to see the same things his supporters saw this past season.
Understood. We saw flashes last year. Have to see a big step forward with the upgrades in talent around him.

Tua didn't have an OC his rookie season. He wasn't supposed to play.

If it was the other way around Fitzgailey would still be there and not the short fat kid.

As for who won the draft, Alabama.

#NickSabanALLStars
Six first round picks. Very impressive.

A year ago, no one knew who Zach Wilson was. Let's not act like he was around for years like Justin Herbert or the kid now QBing NC.

The schedule BYU played was laughable. Maybe he's really that damn good. But maybe NFL defenses will expose him.

He is set up better than Tua, no doubt. Good Oline, running game, and WR...hes got talent around him.

We will see.

Yeah, Wilson is walking into a way better WR and OL situation than Tua had in 2020. When he had Williams, who is just OK/goodish, Tua looked good. You absolutely need to give your QB better options and better protection than Miami gave him in 2020.

They literally could not have added a more dynamic pair than Fuller and Waddle in 2021.

Yeah, Wilson is walking into a way better WR and OL situation than Tua had in 2020. When he had Williams, who is just OK/goodish, Tua looked good. You absolutely need to give your QB better options and better protection than Miami gave him in 2020.

They literally could not have added a more dynamic pair than Fuller and Waddle in 2021.
No joke. Fuller and Waddle should make the offense fun to watch.

The offensive line looks decent on paper, although the young players have to continue to improve. A full training camp will help.

Stop it with the Tua-injured BS. He was healthy enough to play and play he did. You said so yourself, don't be disingenuous now. I recall seeing you say as much and I had to give you credit for calling it staright.

Tua's rookie season was nowhere near pretty good. It was below average. The team had a good record. To Tua's credit, he didn't mess it up.

I'll take your $50 bet on the offensive and defensive rookies of the year, ONLY if you take my counter of $75 that Wilson will have a better rookie season (statistically) than Tua did this past season.

I accept your bet, conditions applied and the conditions are not unreasonable....

Well, Tua was healthy enough to play - in terms of being cleared medically to play - but that don’t mean he was right.

He had to put in a lot of work just to get to that point. More than anybody is able to comprehend. He wasn’t able to work on getting better like other rookie QB’s were able to do. Tua was coming from an entirely different place. It just doesn’t make a lot of sense to be that hypercritical of him. Most wouldn’t have accomplished what he did.

When it’s time to fairly scrutinize Tua, I’ll do it. I don’t know why anyone would think I wouldn’t. But it’s not that time yet. I realize you already know this.

I have no interest in a Zach Wilson bet, but the SEC propaganda bet stands if you decide to take it. Just let me know.

We will see.
I had to investigate this schedule you speak of.

Wilson started 9 games as a freshman in 2018. Among the ranked teams he faced were Utah (L), Washington (L), Wisconsin (W).

He started the entire 2019 season and faced 4 ranked teams: Washington & Utah (L), Boise St & USC (W).

You already know he started this past season and faced two ranked teams: Coastal Carolina (L) and Boise St. (W).

This was done with the highest skill position player drafted during that period being in 7tj round (Dax Milne).

All that to say I'm sure he's faced all the defenses that people say he hasn't and I'm sure the talent scouts of the Jets agreed with that position.

I had to investigate this schedule you speak of.

Wilson started 9 games as a freshman in 2018. Among the ranked teams he faced were Utah (L), Washington (L), Wisconsin (W).

He started the entire 2019 season and faced 4 ranked teams: Washington & Utah (L), Boise St & USC (W).

You already know he started this past season and faced two ranked teams: Coastal Carolina (L) and Boise St. (W).

This was done with the highest skill position player drafted during that period being in 7tj round (Dax Milne).

All that to say I'm sure he's faced all the defenses that people say he hasn't and I'm sure the talent scouts of the Jets agreed with that position.

He didn't play in that game against Boise St. in 2019. They won without him.

Back
Top Bottom