Who won the draft? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who won the draft?

Obviously, we won't know for a few years but it sure looks like it could be an A+ draft.

It's definitely possible that Miami got the best wide receiver, pass rusher and safety. Waddle versus Chase and Smith will be interesting to watch over the years.
I actually think last years draft might be the better of the two, but it’s a fun thing to keep an eye out for.

In the AFC East, I'd rank the draft..

1. Miami
2. NY Jets
3. New England
4. Buffalo

Elijah Moore and Barmore were steals by NY and NE respectively. The quarterbacks will likely determine both drafts.

I like the Basham pick for Buffalo, but I could never get there with Rousseau. He doesn't win initially, although he does close well and has good eyes in the backfield. I think he could be a bust.

Miami could get four starters out of this draft. Add in Long and it sure looks great on paper.
I think Rousseau will be a busy, much prefer Phillips.

I think Rousseau will be a busy, much prefer Phillips.
I really wanted to love Rousseau. Playing at Miami, seems like a good kid.

There are traits I like. He uses his length well and could be a plus in the running game.

But as a pass rusher most of his sacks were a result of the quarterback holding onto the ball too long. He also got a lot of production against lesser teams.

Not sure how that will translate yo the NFL where quarterbacks get rid of the ball so quickly.

I really wanted to love Rousseau. Playing at Miami, seems like a good kid.

There are traits I like. He uses his length well and could be a plus in the running game.

But as a pass rusher most of his sacks were a result of the quarterback holding onto the ball too long. He also got a lot of production against lesser teams.

Not sure how that will translate yo the NFL where quarterbacks get rid of the ball so quickly.
I don’t see him being spectacular…solid would be the ceiling IMO.

I have been calling Rousseau a bust since the beginning. I just don't see it at all with him.

I still maintain my position that Atl made a huge mistake passing on Fields. It's going to set them back years.

Its very possible. I'm happy for Fields that he ended in Chicago though. He's got the toughness to handle that jinxed city and their perpetual hope for a talented passer. I don't love the make up of their roster overall but Matt Nagy clearly can coach. They shouldn't have won as many games the last 2 years, as they did.

I bieve looking back that Miami got just who they wanted or targeted in those first 5 picks. Waddle fastest reciever out there, Phillips the most talented lb out there, Holland the best safty out there, traded up for the best ready to play right tackle to protect Tua's blind side out there and grabbed Long a surprise pick imo that will compete with a deep Miami TE group that set a Miami record last year for most receptions last year. All this points that they highly targeted these guys and expect a big return these next 2 years.

He can't do any worse than Tua, and Tua played the best of the best before laying a scrambled egg in his rookie season.

The Jets had a better free agency...draft...coaching change.

Don't be surprised....

Okay, im not a huge fan of Tua and have big questions about his ability to be successful.

That said, you could have a LOT worse rookie year than he did.

Back
Top Bottom