Who Won the Tunsil, Tannehill & Fitzpatrick Trades? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Won the Tunsil, Tannehill & Fitzpatrick Trades?

It was time for Tannehill to go. So the Dolphins won by finally accepting they needed to go into a complete rebuild and no longer believing they could go anywhere with him as their QB.

Tannehill went to the perfect team for him. They have a solid offensive line and the best RB in the NFL. They also have had an excellent receiving Corp since Tannehill was traded to the Titans. Yet I still don’t see Tannehill as a QB that can get them to a SB and in the end, that is really all that matters.

The Tunsil trade is likely the best trade in Dolphins history. So obviously the Dolphins are the winner.

I hated that the Dolphins couldn’t work things out with Fitzpatrick. He went to the Steelers and has been an all pro safety in his two years in Pittsburg. The Steelers were huge winners in that trade.

100%. The McCain at S was stupid.

As for Tannehill - he’s now one of the best QBs in the league. 2019 he had like a 10 YPA and pro bowl year / AFC title game and last year he had 40 TDs (33 passing, 7 rushing) to 6 INTs. WTF??? Guys a bonafide stud now. He could barley throw 2 TDs a game here. He got sacked a ton (not anymore). He didn’t run for 7 TDs in a season. I think Philbert and Gase shoulder ALL of the blame. Guy obviously could play. He just couldn’t play here w lousy 79-92 QBRs. In Tenn he’s 107-119. That doesn’t just “happen” because he had an epiphany.
Amazing what happens when he has a disciplined team and coaching staff, I always knew he was a perfectly functional QB in this league.

Unfortunately when a team was run the way we were it hurts even the highest character players. You think the MIKO/BRETT trash would be tolerated in Tennessee?

Oh no. The people who insist that we needed to trade Mikah because he was wanting to leave will not like this. Lol. Should have kept him and made play or retire. He woulda played. Also I am. Going to say it. Flo shoulda had him playing more free safety and not McCain
That caused all of this. But this regime can do no wrong for some here. I like this regime too but they make mistakes like everybody. Only way we win trade now if Jackson improves and takes care of left tackle. Which could still happen. But right now. Steelers got better end of it.

I thought the players job was the coaches decision, not the players.

Would a player deliberately slag off when playing a position he didn't care for or just drag his heels when playing "out of position" in their mind.

I think they would.

No team can excel with the player calling the shots.

Amazing what happens when he has a disciplined team and coaching staff, I always knew he was a perfectly functional QB in this league.

Unfortunately when a team was run the way we were it hurts even the highest character players. You think the MIKO/BRETT trash would be tolerated in Tennessee?

I am not sure how you determine their behavior was tolerated in Miami. Cutting him with 2 years left on his contract while he was still the best CB on the roster at the time certainly doesn’t appear the organization was tolerant of their “trash”.

While I agree that we lost both the Tannehill and Fitz trades in hindsight, I do think the right moves were to trade both of them. The bigger mistake was that we were stubborn and wanted to continue to play Fitz at the wrong position, and Tannehill definitely needed a fresh start.

While I agree that we lost both the Tannehill and Fitz trades in hindsight, I do think the right moves were to trade both of them. The bigger mistake was that we were stubborn and wanted to continue to play Fitz at the wrong position, and Tannehill definitely needed a fresh start.
Or Tannehill needed a competent coach. Look at his QBR jump from here to there. It’s insane.

100%. The McCain at S was stupid.

As for Tannehill - he’s now one of the best QBs in the league. 2019 he had like a 10 YPA and pro bowl year / AFC title game and last year he had 40 TDs (33 passing, 7 rushing) to 6 INTs. WTF??? Guys a bonafide stud now. He could barley throw 2 TDs a game here. He got sacked a ton (not anymore). He didn’t run for 7 TDs in a season. I think Philbert and Gase shoulder ALL of the blame. Guy obviously could play. He just couldn’t play here w lousy 79-92 QBRs. In Tenn he’s 107-119. That doesn’t just “happen” because he had an epiphany.
We were a **** show and didn’t know what to do to surround him with talent for his skill set

My thing with Fitzpatrick is when he was drafted he was talking about how he’ll line up wherever needed and how versatile he was. Then the bullets start flying and he wants to play FS. Now that he’s made a name for himself in Pittsburgh he wants to to be versatile and play anywhere now lol

Last edited:
Look at his improvement under Gase his first year with the Dolphins. It's insane.

Too bad he couldn't stay on the field (injuries).
There was improvement that year and it coincided w AJai beginning to rumble. Similar formula to what Tennessee does. Yet for some reason Gase didn’t want to stick to that style of play - he really wanted a pass-first offense w tons of bubble screens that brought YPA down (did same thing to Darnold).

There was improvement that year and it coincided w AJai beginning to rumble. Similar formula to what Tennessee does. Yet for some reason Gase didn’t want to stick to that style of play - he really wanted a pass-first offense w tons of bubble screens that brought YPA down (did same thing to Darnold).

Not really. How soon we forget.

Ajai was not even allowed to play against Seattle. The real reason was never given, but it appeared to have had something to do with his attitude. Even when during the period he played well, his play was spotty and between those big games he was making less then 50 yards a game.

So don't hand me that BS that Ajai was the reason for Tannehills improvement that year. The common factors for those guys having a good year was Adam Gase, like it or not!

Back
Top Bottom