Votes: 10 18.9%
  • other vet. QB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Who would like as #2 QB ?

After reading this article Quarterback change - Brady excels, Griese stalls , I am disappointed in Griese, but wondering if he w/not make a good #2 QB again in 2004 because #1 he seems willing to accept it and #2 he s/b better.

I really didn't feel I was in the best shape this year," said Griese, whose offseason workouts were limited because of surgery on his left [non-throwing] shoulder. "The first thing I'm going to do is get back to a rigorous workout program.

"Mentally, I know I can make the right decisions. But I can help myself by being a little quicker in the pocket, which is what my game has always been. I'm not going to run downfield like [Philadelphia's] Donovan McNabb, but neither does Tom Brady or Peyton Manning."

for the poll: consider that we sign a vet. QB to be the #1 or possibly Jay is back before answering...

I would rather have an enormous piece of fried ****, than to even be able to see Jay Fiedler's big head and ears next year....hopefully he will take a page out of Griese's book and trip over his dog....only hopefully Jay will do it while standing on the edge of Mount Everest!

You have to keep in mind we only lost 6 game last year if I'm not mistaken it wasn't just Jay's fault that we lost. Don't get me wrong I think there are allot of changes needed. But dont think wishing a guy would fall off a cliff would answer all of our problems, but you never know. If that happened we would still need a quarterback.

Originally posted by Phinz
You have to keep in mind we only lost 6 game last year if I'm not mistaken it wasn't just Jay's fault that we lost. Don't get me wrong I think there are allot of changes needed. But dont think wishing a guy would fall off a cliff would answer all of our problems, but you never know. If that happened we would still need a quarterback.
not to mention we are strictly talking backup QB in this thread, i.e. Van Pelt, Huard, Vinny...

My thinking is that they'll sign Brunell to be the starter next season, and draft a QB to groom and be the 3rd QB on the roster. That leaves room for only one backup between Griese, Fiedler, and Sage. Of those 3, Sage would probably come the cheapest. Also, Griese and Fiedler are proven to be injury prone and probably wouldn't be as reliable as Sage in that aspect.

What about Volek? I would like to see him backing up Brunell. Anyone know what Volek will be looking for? And who might be interested in him?

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
I would rather have an enormous piece of fried ****, than to even be able to see Jay Fiedler's big head and ears next year....hopefully he will take a page out of Griese's book and trip over his dog....only hopefully Jay will do it while standing on the edge of Mount Everest!

Fiedler heard that! ;) i think we'd be fine with Sage. He's better than most think.

Jay is the absolute best possible backup QB for this team. For 2 reasons, first and fore most that means someone better then him beat him out for the job. And second, his familiarilty with the offense would give us a great chance of winning any game, any place, ESPECIALLY in Buffalo.....just for you Rab's. ;)

I think Sage will be the #2 QB backing up Brunell, Warner, Garcia, Johnson or whoever. I don't think Wanny will hand a rookie the #2 QB job since Sage has been here a couple years & knows the system.

Back
Top Bottom