Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

Why? Can you elaborate?

I see zero parallels to Steve Young, aside from the fact they are both lefties. Young had a stronger arm, and was a better overall athlete.

Why Brees? Because of his size? I think you are projecting what you want him to be, as opposed to what he has actually done.

Young and Brees are both considered "accurate", but Tua hasn't shown that level yet.

Well, to be fair he asked who do you compare him to, which is a small sample size at the pro level as we speak now.
In the OP’s defense and my personal opine, he is similar to Young and Brees and we are not the first to say this. Yes being a LH would be a natural and easy comparison to young, but also the way they move inside the pocket and throw on the move they are similar. To say that Young had a stronger arm is garbage as well as the overall better athlete is garbage as well. I challenge you to go back and look at Young early on in TB when he was playing with inferior offensive talent. Their wasn’t much to support a HOF career until he went to SF.

Also, the comparison to Brees is pretty accurate as well. Similar arm strength and the way they play mentally with quick reads and all is eerily comparable.

It’s easy to look at this first season and point out all the flaws and shortcomings instead of looking at the upside. Let’s see how this plays out the next few years before we just simply toss him away.

Tebow, Pat White (without taking that hit), and Kellen Moore.

IMO Tua is a lefty version of Terry Bridgewater. I think Tua will be a average QB that can win games but definitely won't be better than Ryan Tannehill. Its possible he can prove Gailey was the reason, but he needs alot of work.

Ceiling - Steve Young without the mobility
Realistic current compare - Jimmy Garrapolo
Others that compare - Kellen Moore, Cade McNown, Teddy Bridgewater

Tebow, Pat White (without taking that hit), and Kellen Moore.
Pat white never completed a damn pass in the NFL. Tua surpassed White in his first mop up duty vs the Jets. Tebow was like the worst passer I’ve seen. These comparisons are so bad they aren’t even funny.

Back
Top Bottom