Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

Yeah the Brees and Wilson comparisons where there way before he got drafted... This is not a Dolphins fans thing...

And the Steve Young comp was made by Steve Yound himself, so... there's that.
We’ll see it more next year after being able to train instead of rehab an offseason. I’m hoping he gets some speed back closer to Wilson

We’ll see it more next year after being able to train instead of rehab an offseason. I’m hoping he gets some speed back closer to Wilson
Hips are incredibly important to throwing the ball. Tua will need to get the strength, flexibility, and twitchiness back in his hip. When that happens, we will have the pre-injury Tua. He didn’t forget how to throw the ball.

Seriously???? That's the hill you want to die on?

That's your closing arguement, in a rant of fatally flawed speculation?

Even if one were to accept the Brees comparison as accurate, you realize that's one guy, drafted nearly 2 decades ago, don't you? Wouldn't you say those are pretty long odds, in which to go "all in"?

Wilson, except in stature, is nothing like Tua at all, either in physical ability, or style of play.

I appreciate your support for TT, and am not ready to write him off yet, but most of these comparisons are a combination wishful thinking, and giant strawmen.
Closing argument? Not at all. I just have more things to do than to continue to rant on and on and whine like a little girl over a very small sample size as some are doing. Comparisons were offered on the negative side, all I did was offer the counter argument to those. If the negative comparisons can hold ANY merit tat all, then so can the counter comparisons/arguments as well. That WAS my point.

Closing argument? Not at all. I just have more things to do than to continue to rant on and on and whine like a little girl over a very small sample size as some are doing. Comparisons were offered on the negative side, all I did was offer the counter argument to those. If the negative comparisons can hold ANY merit tat all, then so can the counter comparisons/arguments as well. That WAS my point.
i try to stay away from both extremes. It makes for flawed arguements. That's just me.

Besides, i enjoy watching ppl try to defend logically indefensible positions. Probably a serious character flaw on my part.

i try to stay away from both extremes. It makes for flawed arguements. That's just me.

Besides, i enjoy watching ppl try to defend logically indefensible positions. Probably a serious character flaw on my part.

As I said in an earlier post, way too early to draw any conclusion whatsoever. To say he is a bust is as silly as to say he will be a future HOFer. That was basically my point.

Honestly, I personally didn’t see as much positives as I had hoped, however he wasn’t dealt a great hand to begin with. Then all the injuries to an already sub par unit talent wise IMO. I’m not making excuses at all, simply stating facts here and my personal opine. I saw some negatives and some positives. I also like what has been said over and over about him by many top level experts, of having a rare and acute ability to compartmentalize and make improvements in multiple areas of his game. That and his quick mental in game decisions as well as his consistent accuracy is what I like the most going forward. I’m def not giving up on him after 8 or so starts. I think that would be foolish.

As I said in an earlier post, way too early to draw any conclusion whatsoever. To say he is a bust is as silly as to say he will be a future HOFer. That was basically my point.

Honestly, I personally didn’t see as much positives as I had hoped, however he wasn’t dealt a great hand to begin with. Then all the injuries to an already sub par unit talent wise IMO. I’m not making excuses at all, simply stating facts here and my personal opine. I saw some negatives and some positives. I also like what has been said over and over about him by many top level experts, of having a rare and acute ability to compartmentalize and make improvements in multiple areas of his game. That and his quick mental in game decisions as well as his consistent accuracy is what I like the most going forward. I’m def not giving up on him after 8 or so starts. I think that would be foolish.
That's a fair, well thought out and stated stance.

If all poster were that fair and honest, there would be peace in Dolphinland.

Drew Brees didn't play as a rookie as he sat behind Doug Flutie in 2001.

But in his 1st full year as a starter in 2002, he completed 61% of his passes, and threw 17 touchdown passes.

The next couple of years weren't groundbreaking either, and that's why they drafted Philip Rivers.

Once Brees went to a situation with an innovative offensive play caller/coordinator, and good talent around him, you see how his career took off.

80,000 yds later...

Can't have a Tua thread without the usual posters chiming in for the hourly IHATETUA circle jerk. Let us not forget though they always gotta throw this part in there "but I hope Tua proves me wrong" or "I'm still rooting for him though".

View attachment 62197
Why you trying to make circle jerk happen for the Tua haters. The Tua lovers already been dubbed with the circle jerk so its already taken. Sorry bro, you gotta come up with something else. You seem like you could do it though!! I have faith!

Honestly, a lot of it had to do with the established offensive system they were running.

Those teams were also loaded with talent. In those days, pre free agency, it was far easier to build a team, and keep it together.

Realize also, Young sat behind, and learned from, one of the all time greats.

A lot of QBs are at the mercy of fortune to be successful. Take Brady for example. Had he been drafted by, say the Bengals or Browns, I doubt he has the career he has had.
I think that Flo benching Tua in those games was a better learning experience than having him, watch from the bench. What Tua learned this yr is amazing. For someone to show you what you are doing wrong, after you have tried is a true learning experience,

I just went back to watch Tuas college highlights, his release is amazing. I would not want either Fields or Wilson over him over college tapes.

Tua beat the Rams a team that are still in the playoffs (beating the Seahawks) at home. He played almost toe to toe with the Chiefs, with no weapons. The wheels fell off against the Bills, every Rookie have games like that. Plus he still had NO weapons to work with. If Tua was in this draft he would be the number 2 qb

Tua beat the Rams a team that are still in the playoffs (beating the Seahawks) at home. He played almost toe to toe with the Chiefs, with no weapons. The wheels fell off against the Bills, every Rookie have games like that. Plus he still had NO weapons to work with. If Tua was in this draft he would be the number 2 qb
Did you actually watch the Rams and Dolphins play? The Dolphins TEAM beat the Rams and Tua was the quarterback in the game. Your post sounds like Tua had a hand in beating them? The Dolphins scored 28 points in that game. Grant ran back a punt for a score, Van Grinkel ran back a recovered fumble for a score and Van Noy ran another fumble back to the Rams one yard line. Basically the special teams and defense were responsible for 21 of the 28 the Dolphins scored. I just don’t understand how people can’t objectively analyze what they see.

Back
Top Bottom