Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

Austin Smith- "When healthy, Tagovailoa has the most electric arm in this class. Yes, guys like Jordan Love and Jacob Eason have rare arm strength, but no one can match the combination of velocity and accuracy that Tagovailoa puts on his passes. His deep-ball accuracy might be the best I have ever seen coming out of college. Many hear the term "deep-ball accuracy" and believe that it's this wonderful gift to hit a receiver in stride down the field. That is not entirely accurate. It's the receiver's job to pace himself while tracking the deep ball to catch it in stride. It's the quarterback to guide him to the open area in coverage, or just lead him up the field if he has gotten over the top of the defense. That takes ideal ball-placement, arm-strength, loft, velocity, and, most importantly, hand strength to deliver a lasting spiral. Many forget about that last part, but many underthrows are merely a result of a poor spiral that comes undone and loses velocity due to the wind resistance it faces traveling through the air. This doesn't happen to Tagovailoa's throws, and that, along with the combination of factors I listed are a big reason why he is so dangerous throwing the ball down the field."

If Tua is Brees we better higher Sean Payton.

I'm all in on Flores, but Tua requires a global organization shift in offensive philosophy to make this successful.

I wonder lately how much thought this orgizantion gave to drafting Tua? Looks to me that Grier saw it as a low stakes move, appease the fanbase and Ross. If Tua flames blame it on his injury, athelticism, size and shrug you shoulders. Grier gave the fanbase what they wanted. Seems more interested in surviving to the next day and year, a strategy to nowhere.

I credit Flores for throwing Tua out there to make his point to Grier. Flores hired Gailey for Fitz to shepherd the offense. Tua was always going to be square peg in a round hole, let me show you.

I'm all in on Flores, but Tua requires a global organization shift in offensive philosophy to make this successful.

I wonder lately how much thought this orgizantion gave to drafting Tua? Looks to me that Grier saw it as a low stakes move, appease the fanbase and Ross. If Tua flames blame it on his injury, athelticism, size and shrug you shoulders. Grier gave the fanbase what they wanted. Seems more interested in surviving to the next day and year, a strategy to nowhere.

I credit Flores for throwing Tua out there to make his point to Grier. Flores hired Gailey for Fitz to shepherd the offense. Tua was always going to be square peg in a round hole, let me show you.
Where do some of you people come up with this stuff? So are you saying Flores had no say in what QB he wanted to draft? That's ridiculous.

Where do some of you people come up with this stuff? So are you saying Flores had no say in what QB he wanted to draft? That's ridiculous.

I'm not saying he had no say, but no way shrinking Grier and his low stakes moves was going to let the Tua opportunity slip away. Flores did have a say which coordinator he wanted to hire. Gailey was hired to maximize Fitz, the Qb he had in the building. Flores is about winning games in the present, whatever it takes.

Once Tua was drafted Flores didn't care if Tua wasn't the best fit the offense they had envisioned, throw him out there.

There’s no truth to anything in this post.

I'm all ears. This team hasn't been super bowl competitive in 30 years and people like arguing in the margins.

You don't get to throw a dart at the board for Tua, set him up to fail, and live to look good. The entire operation was stupid. I credit Flores for making that an inderect point of emphasis this year.

Back
Top Bottom