Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

Is it? Good college quarterback, cult like following. Won games first year due to defense/special teams, cant throw, lefthanded...
Tebow couldn't read a defense to save his life, and was clueless about scheme, beyond the most basic level.

I have questions about Tua, but he's far beyond Timmy boy, when it comes to those things.

YOU ARE WRONG! Russell had a bazooka and Tua has a nerf gun as a matter a fact he has an off brand nerf gun he has a gerf. Also Russel was a big ol mountain of a man and Tua looks like an over sized 8th grader. Damn Russel has the arm, the size....I wonder if he's available.
I think Ol @RENT was just kidding around

YOU ARE WRONG! Russell had a bazooka and Tua has a nerf gun as a matter a fact he has an off brand nerf gun he has a gerf. Also Russel was a big ol mountain of a man and Tua looks like an over sized 8th grader. Damn Russel has the arm, the size....I wonder if he's available.
I think he was being facetious.....

Young wasnt accurate with the Bucs, 11 TDs 21 Picks and under %55 completion percentage. Bucs gave up on him after 2 years for Testaverde.
That is true. When he got to SF, though, he became an accurate passer. Granted, the west coast offense played into that but by the time he replaced Montana, he was damn good.

Why? Can you elaborate?

I see zero parallels to Steve Young, aside from the fact they are both lefties. Young had a stronger arm, and was a better overall athlete.

Why Brees? Because of his size? I think you are projecting what you want him to be, as opposed to what he has actually done.

Young and Brees are both considered "accurate", but Tua hasn't shown that level yet.

Bree because of their size, the arm strength is close, both very intelligent, and though Tua is starting his career as a starting QB far better and earlier then Brees, you can see that like Brees, if you surround him with decent weapons with the right offensive plan, he can, and will be successful.

remember, he is coming from a hip injury, always remember that, do you realized he played his first game less than a year from the injury? Do you think he will not be throwing harder passes once he is completely healthy? Watch him play in college, you'll see a STRONGER ARM IN THOSE TAPES.
YES, Young was better overall athlete, that is why I said SOME YOUNG.
And Tua is considered also ACCURATE. Young was a career 64.3 completions, you know what Tua's number was last year? 64.1
Do you know that Brees had a better percentage rate than Tua in his third year? 65.5 in his third year. At 24 years old.
Did you see all the drops from our wide receivers this year? Against Buffalo it was around 10.
And you are saying Tua is not accurate?
If you want me to say what he has ACTUALLY DONE, well I will tell you, his rookie season he was better than Young with Tampa and Brees first 2 years, and numbers are about the same with Burrow, THOSE ARE THE NUMBERS.

So if we go with first years numbers, Tua is going to be better than those 2 IF HE CONTINUES TO WORK AND IMPROVE ON HIS GAME.
Is Tua a guy that will work on his game? The past says he will, that is why Dolphins love the guy, he is a worker, smart that will continue to improve, and have the IT factor that not every QB has.
Does Herbert has that IT factor?
Young has it, does Herbert has it? We will see.
Like I said, you are projecting what you want/think he can/will be.

That's fine too, but the reality is he hasn't done it, or been around long enough to merit comps to elite, SB winning QBs, IMO.

That is true. When he got to SF, though, he became an accurate passer. Granted, the west coast offense played into that but by the time he replaced Montana, he was damn good.
So I guess this comment begs the question:
What happened when Young got to San Fran that he went from a mess in Tampa Bay to a HOF QB?
Was it the weapons around him? Jerry Rice, John Taylor? Was it a running game? Ricky Watters was no slouch. Was it coaching? Did he adjust his mechanics like Josh Allen did?
I mean, I remember those days; Young was a joke in Tampa Bay, next thing you know he's one of the top QB's in the league.
I guess my point is- if Young can fix that sh*t mess he had had going on for himself in Tampa Bay, why are some assuming a hard worker like Tua cannot? If it's weapons, then that favors the argument that Tua couldn't succeed here with what he had to work with.
Just wondering what people thought. I am no SF 49ers expert.

Bree because of their size, the arm strength is close, both very intelligent, and though Tua is starting his career as a starting QB far better and earlier then Brees, you can see that like Brees, if you surround him with decent weapons with the right offensive plan, he can, and will be successful.
Perhaps Brees' arm now, two decades in. When Brees came into the league, his arm was strong. Not canon strong, but before the shoulder, he was no slouch.

Many of these posts seem to have a plethora of "ifs".

Nothing wrong with speculation I suppose. I just think it's premature to make a comparison to the all time NFL yardage leader.

That's kind of like projecting Helaire to have an Emmit Smith type career. Would anyone seriously do that?

I stand by scouting

Can't have a Tua thread without the usual posters chiming in for the hourly IHATETUA circle jerk. Let us not forget though they always gotta throw this part in there "but I hope Tua proves me wrong" or "I'm still rooting for him though".

View attachment 62197
I am rooting for the lil engine that could

Back
Top Bottom