Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

Tebow couldn't read a defense to save his life, and was clueless about scheme, beyond the most basic level.

I have questions about Tua, but he's far beyond Timmy boy, when it comes to those things.

Tua can read defenses?
Tebow was a better scrambler.

So I guess this comment begs the question:
What happened when Young got to San Fran that he went from a mess in Tampa Bay to a HOF QB?
Was it the weapons around him? Jerry Rice, John Taylor? Was it a running game? Ricky Watters was no slouch. Was it coaching? Did he adjust his mechanics like Josh Allen did?
I mean, I remember those days; Young was a joke in Tampa Bay, next thing you know he's one of the top QB's in the league.
I guess my point is- if Young can fix that sh*t mess he had had going on for himself in Tampa Bay, why are some assuming a hard worker like Tua cannot? If it's weapons, then that favors the argument that Tua couldn't succeed here with what he had to work with.
Just wondering what people thought. I am no SF 49ers expert.
Honestly, a lot of it had to do with the established offensive system they were running.

Those teams were also loaded with talent. In those days, pre free agency, it was far easier to build a team, and keep it together.

Realize also, Young sat behind, and learned from, one of the all time greats.

A lot of QBs are at the mercy of fortune to be successful. Take Brady for example. Had he been drafted by, say the Bengals or Browns, I doubt he has the career he has had.

Honestly, a lot of it had to do with the established offensive system they were running.

Those teams were also loaded with talent. In those days, pre free agency, it was far easier to build a team, and keep it together.

Realize also, Young sat behind, and learned from, one of the all time greats.

A lot of QBs are at the mercy of fortune to be successful. Take Brady for example. Had he been drafted by, say the Bengals or Browns, I doubt he has the career he has had.
Young came to a good situation with San Francisco. There is no denying that at all. Tampa has been mediocre for years up until Tony Dungy came.

Tua can read defenses?
Tebow was a better scrambler.
Tua could read defenses better as a freshman, than Tebow ever will.

I know Tebow won a Heisman, but so did Charlie Ward. Tebow wasn't even a full time starter until he was a senior, IIRC. That Gator machine was a product of an outstanding coach.

I know Tebow won a Heisman, but so did Charlie Ward. Tebow wasn't even a full time starter until he was a senior, IIRC. That Gator machine was a product of an outstanding coach.
And alabama isnt a product of an amazing (still a douche) coach? How do we really know tua can read a defense? His wr were always open in college and all he does is check down with miami. His last performance sure doesnt seem like a person who can read a defense.

maybe thats an attribute, hiding the fact that he can read defenses. Tebow had many huge comeback VICTORIES and beat Pitt in the playoffs if i remember correctly. Elway wouldnt go the development path and signed Payton Manning.

Back
Top Bottom