Who would you compare Tua with ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I like many others seen some good ,bad and ugly this year.
Some can be contributed to bad play calling .Some due to lack of playmakers.
Some due to Tua.
Going forward what past or present QB would be a safe comparison and why?

left handed Brees with some Young
Why? Can you elaborate?

I see zero parallels to Steve Young, aside from the fact they are both lefties. Young had a stronger arm, and was a better overall athlete.

Why Brees? Because of his size? I think you are projecting what you want him to be, as opposed to what he has actually done.

Young and Brees are both considered "accurate", but Tua hasn't shown that level yet.

Jamarcus Russell hands down
YOU ARE WRONG! Russell had a bazooka and Tua has a nerf gun as a matter a fact he has an off brand nerf gun he has a gerf. Also Russel was a big ol mountain of a man and Tua looks like an over sized 8th grader. Damn Russel has the arm, the size....I wonder if he's available.

Why? Can you elaborate?

I see zero parallels to Steve Young, aside from the fact they are both lefties. Young had a stronger arm, and was a better overall athlete.

Why Brees? Because of his size? I think you are projecting what you want him to be, as opposed to what he has actually done.

Young and Brees are both considered "accurate", but Tua hasn't shown that level yet.
Young wasnt accurate with the Bucs, 11 TDs 21 Picks and under %55 completion percentage. Bucs gave up on him after 2 years for Testaverde.

Why? Can you elaborate?

remember, he is coming from a hip injury, always remember that, do you realized he played his first game less than a year from the injury? Do you think he will not be throwing harder passes once he is completely healthy? Watch him play in college, you'll see a STRONGER ARM IN THOSE TAPES.
YES, Young was better overall athlete, that is why I said SOME YOUNG.
And Tua is considered also ACCURATE. Young was a career 64.3 completions, you know what Tua's number was last year? 64.1
Do you know that Brees had a better percentage rate than Tua in his third year? 65.5 in his third year. At 24 years old.
Did you see all the drops from our wide receivers this year? Against Buffalo it was around 10.
And you are saying Tua is not accurate?
If you want me to say what he has ACTUALLY DONE, well I will tell you, his rookie season he was better than Young with Tampa and Brees first 2 years, and numbers are about the same with Burrow, THOSE ARE THE NUMBERS.

So if we go with first years numbers, Tua is going to be better than those 2 IF HE CONTINUES TO WORK AND IMPROVE ON HIS GAME.
Is Tua a guy that will work on his game? The past says he will, that is why Dolphins love the guy, he is a worker, smart that will continue to improve, and have the IT factor that not every QB has.
Does Herbert has that IT factor?
Young has it, does Herbert has it? We will see.

Back
Top Bottom