Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

He reminds me a lot of Tyrod Taylor. Low yardage production, above average at avoiding interceptions, and not going to really win you games when you're playing a high scoring opponent. We spent the #5 pick on him.

All you negative nellies are killing me.
Low yardage passer? Draft bust? And on and on...

Go and look at Most QB’s first half or full season and there overall stat lines. These statements are absolutely ridiculous. Brees looked like a bust his first few years if you go by that junk. Russel Wilson didn’t put up anything close to big stats, mostly mediocre stats his first couple years then boom, he got better WR talent around him. Interestingly enough, his team was a much better team when they WERE NOT relying on him so much. He puts up big numbers now, but what has it got him, Just a thought.

Is it great to have big stats, sure I guess. But it’s not the full picture and certainly doesn’t always equate to wins.

Before basing judgement on where TUA rates as a QB for all of eternity, give it more time! There are QB’s who were cut and out of the NFL then made it back with some luck to eventually go on to have great careers and make it to the Hall of Fame.

There are QB’s who were cut and out of the NFL then made it back with some luck to eventually go on to have great careers and make it to the Hall of Fame.
Seriously???? That's the hill you want to die on?

That's your closing arguement, in a rant of fatally flawed speculation?

Even if one were to accept the Brees comparison as accurate, you realize that's one guy, drafted nearly 2 decades ago, don't you? Wouldn't you say those are pretty long odds, in which to go "all in"?

Wilson, except in stature, is nothing like Tua at all, either in physical ability, or style of play.

I appreciate your support for TT, and am not ready to write him off yet, but most of these comparisons are a combination wishful thinking, and giant strawmen.

Wilson, except in stature, is nothing like Tua at all, either in physical ability, or style
Here are a bunch of comparisons. Every one is either Wilson or Brees. It is not just Dolphins fans.

Player Comparison: Russell Wilson. If Tagovailoa can put his hip injury behind him and stay healthy, I think he will be a quarterback similar to Wilson. They have a similar style of play with mobility, accurate passing, and making plays in the clutch.

Back
Top Bottom