Who woulda ever thought it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who woulda ever thought it?

ac_lanham

The Comeback Kid
Reaction score
I remember this preseason everyone here was like no one in the east gonna give us competition but the Jets and the Colts, and the Pats would be an easy win for us every time. Well, we were all smashed. Even though I hate NE because they're known for cheating (snow sweeper and Oakland) I'm glad they beat the Rams b/c I can't stand em. Congrats NE, look forward to next years meetings.

thats funny ...

NO ONE thought they were any good THIS year...lol

Face it they were flukes just as T.Brady is. But I tip my hat off to them......Congratz Patsies

That was no fluke

Belichick's gameplans throughout the playoffs were no fluke. The victories at Pittsburgh and in the NO dome against the explosive Rams were no fluke. The mental toughness they showed was no fluke.

Face it. The Patriots were the best team when it counted. They got hot down the stretch and physically beat up teams. Belichick lightened up. And he and his staff put together amazing gameplans.

some of the calls they got............

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Face it they were flukes just as T.Brady is. But I tip my hat off to them......Congratz Patsies
in the playoffs were rediculous. that one against the raiders, that was a brady fumble, no doubt. and yesterday they weren't called for hands to the face when they sacked warner. i think inFINSible came up with about the best explanation, after sept 11, who would be the best team to win the superbowl? THE PATRIOTS! shades of the WWF

the Pats seemed destined

Izzo recovered fumbles on back to back punt returns in that Oak game and then there was the Brady fumble that was not a fumble.

The Pats won because they had all the best players on the field at the end of the season and were relatively healthy and they had a coach that knew how to confuse the opposing team's O.

finally an intelligent person

39: You are a class act... Why are people doubting the patriots saying we are a fluke, a one year wonder? I've read your posts and I think your a class act. Good luck next year!

We may not win the superbowl again, but were going to improve as most teams will. We have great trade bait, are in great salary cap situation.. we have a team that knows and believes in it's system. That is enough for me.. imagine the patriots with another couple receivers? That could be pretty good.. but who knows!

dolfan06 -

Before you disrespect the patriots, do you really think your team could've beaten the steelers or the rams? I'm just wondering. The patriots can beat the dolphins when it counts... see playoff results in the 96-97 and 97-98. The patriots were by far the hardest hitting team this year. You guys are close though... you might find the right recipe this upcoming year. Maybe you guys should try and tank your first few games of the year and then try to build momentum when it counts - going into the playoffs. hahahah

thanks ethan - if you guys get a good deal for Bledsoe, you could still be the team to beat in the East next year; especially now that Bill B has proven he is better than Bill P's D Coord. :eek: The Fins could have trouble keeping up with our cap problems.

ethand420...........

i don't think you have read the posts. even before the game i was pulling for the pats because they were AFC east, and if you had of read some of the other posts i wrote you would notice i gave kudos to the pats, and no i don' think the fins could have beaten the rams.
you came across one negative post out of many, i think you should read them all and put your mind in gear before you start flappin you're lips!:fire:

39, i have to tell ya

Izzo recovered fumbles on back to back punt returns in that Oak game and then there was the Brady fumble that was not a fumble.

you're in a minority here, we took a vote at events, excluded pat and raider fans and 84% thought it was a fumble. the nose of the ball was being brought back into the body!

btw, events..............

is a local sports bar and 126 people voted, 105 people thought it was a fumble!;)

Re: btw, events..............

Originally posted by dolfan06
is a local sports bar and 126 people voted, 105 people thought it was a fumble!;)
that was kind-of my point - the Pats were dead and brought back to life by a little known ruling by the Refs that overturned the call on the field:eek: just another example of why they were destined.

Back
Top Bottom