Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

Miami, Jets, and Bills are all equally as good/bad, right now. Noone stands out above the other two. Could be that the only team to get in from the AFCE are the Rats. I still give the edge to buffalo because of their defense.
The Jets are not a playoff team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually yes, there were a bunch of times when the meatball called plays in Miami...

Also, not sure what you mean, when someone leaves Miami they get blamed.. We were blaming Meatball, and Parcells WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Please do not post on things you know absolutely nothing about.

Hmmm, I told you guys from the start BP wasn't a good GM type and I was bashed. You guys LOVED him for the first 2 years. Same thing w/ Tony, I had many people telling me how much better of a coach he was than rex so I know what I'm talking about. Going into last year the scapegoat was your former OC, w/o him you were going to take off. That's the line this year now that Tony is gone and it was the same after all the recent coaches left and will be the same when philbin leaves.

Miami, Jets, and Bills are all equally as good/bad, right now. Noone stands out above the other two. Could be that the only team to get in from the AFCE are the Rats. I still give the edge to buffalo because of their defense.

You can say that all day long but it's just not true. There is a clear pecking order in paper- NE, NYJ, Buf, Mia

Does paper guarantee anything? No, anything can happen but going into the season it's quite clear how the teams shake out.

Not true on both counts hip hop... I for one loved the hire in the first year, second year began to hate it, third year totally hated it.. Show me the rule that says I must love a new hire for their entire tenure. You will feel the same way about Meatball when he is fired year 3. You'll be begging for Schottenhiemer back.

Your pecking order is only made from clear delusions f granduer, if you believe that..
Hmmm, I told you guys from the start BP wasn't a good GM type and I was bashed. You guys LOVED him for the first 2 years. Same thing w/ Tony, I had many people telling me how much better of a coach he was than rex so I know what I'm talking about. Going into last year the scapegoat was your former OC, w/o him you were going to take off. That's the line this year now that Tony is gone and it was the same after all the recent coaches left and will be the same when philbin leaves.

You can say that all day long but it's just not true. There is a clear pecking order in paper- NE, NYJ, Buf, Mia

Does paper guarantee anything? No, anything can happen but going into the season it's quite clear how the teams shake out.

Not true on both counts hip hop... I for one loved the hire in the first year, second year began to hate it, third year totally hated it.. Show me the rule that says I must love a new hire for their entire tenure. You will feel the same way about Meatball when he is fired year 3. You'll be begging for Schottenhiemer back.

Your pecking order is only made from clear delusions f granduer, if you believe that..

So you admit you loved it early on, right? what are you arguing? Just like Tony, just like BP, just like the one before him, just like Henne, beck, daunte, etc... you'll sour on guys and they will turn out to be the reason you sucked and the new guys will be great and the reasons you are going to be great. repeat over and over.

I liked our last OC, I don't scapegoat him. We had many problems on O, he gets his share but I'm not naive to think it was all on him. We'll see what happens w/ Tony, i'm confident in our talent.

So you admit you loved it early on, right? what are you arguing? Just like Tony, just like BP, just like the one before him, just like Henne, beck, daunte, etc... you'll sour on guys and they will turn out to be the reason you sucked and the new guys will be great and the reasons you are going to be great. repeat over and over.

I liked our last OC, I don't scapegoat him. We had many problems on O, he gets his share but I'm not naive to think it was all on him. We'll see what happens w/ Tony, i'm confident in our talent.

Your arguement is that we love the guysright up until they leave, then after they leave we hate them... Which I said isnt true... Again I hated Sparano and BP WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Also, I hated DC before and after he came and went.. The vast majority of us didnt like any of the guys you mention before and after they were here so youre arguement has no basis.

Problem with your talent is the guy you have coaching it!

Your arguement is that we love the guysright up until they leave, then after they leave we hate them... Which I said isnt true... Again I hated Sparano and BP WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Also, I hated DC before and after he came and went.. The vast majority of us didnt like any of the guys you mention before and after they were here so youre arguement has no basis.

Problem with your talent is the guy you have coaching it!

But you also loved them while they were there, you eventually soured on them turning them into the scapegoats. It's the same cycle, we went through this w/ the Jets for a long time. I know exactly what you have been going through.

Wrong again.. I loved them for less than half the time they were here... Isnt that the natural order when someone completely sucvks at their job? They sucked while they were here so why wouldnt you turn on them. Majority of Jets fans loved schottenhiemer when he became OC and hated him when he left. How is this different. Sparano and BP are considered skapegoats because because they had no idea what they were doing. That said, they arent skapegoats in the true sense of the word. They are slapegoats because they are the reason for failure

But you also loved them while they were there, you eventually soured on them turning them into the scapegoats. It's the same cycle, we went through this w/ the Jets for a long time. I know exactly what you have been going through.

Well isnt that the natural order when someone completely sucvks at their job? They sucked while they were here so why wouldnt you turn on them. Majority of Jets fans loved schottenhiemer when he became OC and hated him when he left. How is this different. Sparano and BP are considered skapegoats because because they had no idea what they were doing. That said, they arent skapegoats in the true sense of the word. They are slapegoats because they are the reason for failure

Actually the majority have hated Schottnehimer almost from day 1. I wasn't one of them, I still like him, I think Bradfrod is going to breakout this year under him.

The point is one day you guys call someone great and when it appears their time is coming to an end you blame everything on them and then you call the new guy great.

Sparano and BP did inherit a 1-15 team, can we not forget that? Miami had missed 6 straight postseasons and in year 1 you won a div title w/ them so it's not like they took over a great franchise and ran it into the ground. Miami was better after they left than when they took over.

Actually the majority have hated Schottnehimer almost from day 1. I wasn't one of them, I still like him, I think Bradfrod is going to breakout this year under him.

The point is one day you guys call someone great and when it appears their time is coming to an end you blame everything on them and then you call the new guy great.

Sparano and BP did inherit a 1-15 team, can we not forget that? Miami had missed 6 straight postseasons and in year 1 you won a div title w/ them so it's not like they took over a great franchise and ran it into the ground. Miami was better after they left than when they took over.

Obviously.. There really isnt anywhere to go but up when youre 1-15. The likelyhood of them to do great thinks was far higher than them getting worse than 1-15. If youre satisfied with 11-5, 7-9, 7-9, and 6-10 thats your perogative... The best they could do is 6-10 and by your arguement, that satifyes you had it been the Jets with these records

Obviously.. There really isnt anywhere to go but up when youre 1-15. The likelyhood of them to do great thinks was far higher than them getting worse than 1-15. If youre satisfied with 11-5, 7-9, 7-9, and 6-10 thats your perogative... The best they could do is 6-10 and by your arguement, that satifyes you had it been the Jets with these records

They didn't get the job done and deserved to lose their jobs, my point is the way you are bashing them you are making them out to be Rich Kotite of Cam Cameron. They did some good in Miami.

Bottom line is they failed. Just like Kotite and Cameron.. Maybe not as bad, but they still failed.
They didn't get the job done and deserved to lose their jobs, my point is the way you are bashing them you are making them out to be Rich Kotite of Cam Cameron. They did some good in Miami.

just like Henne, beck, daunte, etc... you'll sour on guys and they will turn out to be the reason you sucked and the new guys will be great and the reasons you are going to be great. repeat over and ove.

Uh....Henne, Beck, Daunte, etc. did suck. Where's the argument?

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

They didn't do anything good in Miami. They were 11-5 b/c Brady was hurt. They then got beat like always in the PO by BAL then proceeded to go 10 games under .500 the next 3 years.

That is doing nothing.

Uh....Henne, Beck, Daunte, etc. did suck. Where's the argument?

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

They didn't do anything good in Miami. They were 11-5 b/c Brady was hurt. They then got beat like always in the PO by BAL then proceeded to go 10 games under .500 the next 3 years.

That is doing nothing.

They did but I was told w/ each guy how good they were going to be, I don't know if you were here when you got Daunte but I got killed on here and of course everything I said turned out to be true as he was horrible. Daunte was a very overrated QB in Minnesota, just a #s guy.

we were 9-7 when Brady got hurt and we had more talent so they did something. You did win the division b/c Brady got hurt but you would have won 10-11 regardless and that's a little better than 1 win, right?

When Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are fired after the 2012 season, who gets the blame? I assume Mike Tannenbaum will follow them out the door along with the rest of the coaching staff and front office.

Fixed that for ya! :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom