Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

2008 was the season that the Jests traded for Favre and cut Pennington loose. Penney had the last laugh, and the Jests didn't make the playoffs because Favre got hurt late in the season. They still had a great OL, a solid defense, a good running game, and a decent receiving corps but lacked a QB late. That's the team Jabba inherited, but you can't say that any of those units are as good in 2012 as they were in 2009. He's presided over the decline of the Jests.

Just because Jabba says it doesn't make it true, junc. You should have figured that out by now even if you won't admit it. 9-7 and 11-5 are nice but not nearly "one of the best" by a long shot, and failing to win the division and not making it to the SB really precludes the Jests from laying claim to being "one of the best". The only AFCE team that can make that claim plays its home games in Foxborough, MA. Deal with it. The Jests are also-rans.

Basking in the glory of being better than the Bills in last fifteen years really demonstrates how pathetic the Jests record has been.

He inherited a team that won 9 games agaist a creampuff sched w/ no Brady to deal w/ and w/ a HOFer at QB that missed the playoffs. The Jets hadn't been to the playoffs in 3 years, hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years. he didn't inherit a bad team but he didn't inherit a team that knew how to win.

Wrs are better
QBs better
TE better
DL better
LBs even
DBs better

where is this great decline? The only area we have really declined is on the OL(the decline of the run game fcomes from the struggles ogf the OL last year). That's the only place we aren't as strong or stronger in 2012 than we were in 2009.

It's all about results:

Most playoff wins in AFC
tied for most playoff wins in NFL
ONLY team in NFL to reach 2 title games

They have ben one of the best whether you can admit it or not.

In 2 of the 3 yars we advanced further than NE including whipping them in Foxboro in the div rd of 2010.

I don't bask in the glory of being better than the Bills, that is expected, but when Bills fans attack my team I can correctly point out how much better we have been.

He inherited a team that won 9 games agaist a creampuff sched w/ no Brady to deal w/ and w/ a HOFer at QB that missed the playoffs. The Jets hadn't been to the playoffs in 3 years, hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years. he didn't inherit a bad team but he didn't inherit a team that knew how to win.

Wrs are better
QBs better
TE better
DL better
LBs even
DBs better

where is this great decline? The only area we have really declined is on the OL(the decline of the run game fcomes from the struggles ogf the OL last year). That's the only place we aren't as strong or stronger in 2012 than we were in 2009.

Your WRs are Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, a 2nd round rookie who had fewer catches in his entire college career than most good collegiate WRs have in a season, and a bunch of rejects or never weres. They are nowhere near as good. The fact that all the media mavens were mocking the Phins for having the worst WRs while not even talking about the Jests crap receiving corps simply underscores pro-Jests media bias. Your #1 WR might not even be the #2 WR on most NFL teams.

Your TE gets better #s because Sanchez checks down so much, as in, he's stolen Trent Edwards' title of Cap'n Checkdown.

Sanchez is better, barely, than his rookie self from 2009. After 50+ starts, that's sad. He also lost control of his team at the end of the season because of his crappy play. Tim Tebow is the worse backup QB in the NFL, not because he sucks as a passer (which is absolutely true) but because he was brought in to step into Sanchez's job when El Guapo fails, which is what he is being set up to do.

How is the DL better? Just because the Jests drafted a DE doesn't mean he does a lot as rookie, especially with his questionable attitude. At best, it's a push.

The DBs are NOT better. CBs are about the same, but you have no FS and your SS are likely to be liabilities in the passing game.

I have to laugh that you admitted that the OL and RBs are defintely much worse than in 2009, both in starters and in depth, by simply ignoring them. Along with the defense, the OL and the RBs were the most important parts of the Jests formula for making the post season in both 2009 and 2010. "Ground and pound" can't work with a mediocre OL and mediocre RBs.

You are right, it's all or nothing. Either you win it all or it's meaningless. Rich Kotite is as good a coach as Marv Levy was. Thanks.

Not fine at all but much better than goinbg 0 for the Century in reaching the playoffs.

How is being one of the best teams in the league under Rex mediocrity?

Never going to work? I'm not talking Jimmy Johnson/Dan Marino, Dave Waanstedt/Jay Fiedler, Nick Saban/Daunte Culpepper, Cam Cameron/whoever was their QB, Tony Sparano/Chad henne.

How is 2 title game apps in 3 years not working? Not working is not winning a playoff game in over a decade, not working is 1 playoff app since 2002, not working is no title game apps since 1993.

Glad you're happy with that. Us fans who don't care much for mediocrity want Superbowls, not back to back AFCCG losses. We want a great QB since this is a QB driven league, not a Mark Sanchez or Matt Moore.

And LOL at one of the best teams in the league. The best teams in the league aren't going 8-8 and backing into the playoffs at 9-7. The Jets aren't the Patriots. Not the Packers. Not the Steelers. Not the Saints. They were a 2 year postseason fluke never to be heard from again.

blah, blah, blah........

A joke is going 0 for the Century in playoff apps, a joke is 15 years and counting w/o winning a playoff game, a joke is needing to farm out games to Canada.

A joke is even with all of the Bills failures in this century, the Jets still have a worse franchise record than the Bills. You are trying to dog the Bills franchise every step of the way, but the Jets still are 5 games behind that franchise you so laugh at. How was the Jets record in the 20th Century? Do we really need to go round and round comparing two teams that are sub .500 in franchise records?

Oh, and Canada is one game. I'm not digging it at all. How do you like farming your entire home schedule out to New Jersey?

I'm not going to sit here and ignore the fact that the Jets made it to 2 AFCCG's, but let's be real here. What does that ultimately prove? It proves the Jets had 2 chances to get it done and they failed. They failed. That's all anyone really puts weight into. Success in this league is measured by super bowl wins, not playoff losses.

Your WRs are Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, a 2nd round rookie who had fewer catches in his entire college career than most good collegiate WRs have in a season, and a bunch of rejects or never weres. They are nowhere near as good. The fact that all the media mavens were mocking the Phins for having the worst WRs while not even talking about the Jests crap receiving corps simply underscores pro-Jests media bias. Your #1 WR might not even be the #2 WR on most NFL teams.

Your TE gets better #s because Sanchez checks down so much, as in, he's stolen Trent Edwards' title of Cap'n Checkdown.

Sanchez is better, barely, than his rookie self from 2009. After 50+ starts, that's sad. He also lost control of his team at the end of the season because of his crappy play. Tim Tebow is the worse backup QB in the NFL, not because he sucks as a passer (which is absolutely true) but because he was brought in to step into Sanchez's job when El Guapo fails, which is what he is being set up to do.

How is the DL better? Just because the Jests drafted a DE doesn't mean he does a lot as rookie, especially with his questionable attitude. At best, it's a push.

The DBs are NOT better. CBs are about the same, but you have no FS and your SS are likely to be liabilities in the passing game.

I have to laugh that you admitted that the OL and RBs are defintely much worse than in 2009, both in starters and in depth, by simply ignoring them. Along with the defense, the OL and the RBs were the most important parts of the Jests formula for making the post season in both 2009 and 2010. "Ground and pound" can't work with a mediocre OL and mediocre RBs.

Goping into 2009 we had Jerricho Cotchery(good player and Chansi Stcukey as our WRs, this year we have Holmes(I love Cotch but he's better) and Hill as our starters w/ Kerley as our #WR and watch out for Chaz Schilens if he stays healthy. Our WR corps is defintiely better than 2009 and don't worry about college stats w/ Hill- they mean absoltuely nothing. He's a big, physical WR w/ deep threat speed. He's going to help this offense.

Did you not see mark's first 2 seasons when he had a deep threat? he threw long a lot but he didn't ahve a deep threat a year ago or the time to throw deep balls.

He's much better than he was as a rookie, just stop posting nonsense.

If Tebow was brought in to take sanchez's job why did they extend Sanchez? why did they ask Tebow to bulk up to 250 lbs? why do they have tebow as the up man on punts?

How is the DL better? seriously? Mo Wilkerson is in year 2(and he was good as a rookie, drafting Coples, a healthy Mike devito, bringing in karl Dunbar to coach the DL. The DL is going to be really good.

The DBs are better w/o a doubt. Cro is better than Lito Sheppard, revis is Revis, our safeties are about even.

The OL and run game were the important keys to our '0 O, in '10 the OL got worse, the run game got worse and the pass game was the key to our success. Every O needs a quality OL, we didn't have it last year.

That "mediocre" RB averaged 4.2 YPC a year ago and that was w/ all the OL problems, you are selling Greene a little short.

Glad you're happy with that. Us fans who don't care much for mediocrity want Superbowls, not back to back AFCCG losses. We want a great QB since this is a QB driven league, not a Mark Sanchez or Matt Moore.

And LOL at one of the best teams in the league. The best teams in the league aren't going 8-8 and backing into the playoffs at 9-7. The Jets aren't the Patriots. Not the Packers. Not the Steelers. Not the Saints. They were a 2 year postseason fluke never to be heard from again.

I'll enjoy making runs to Sbs that hopefully lead to SBs in the future, you enjoy zero playoff wins since 2000 and rarely competing for postseasons.

AGAIN,

lead AFC in playoff wins
tuied for NFL lead
ONLY team to reach 2 title games

One of the best teams in the league.

A joke is even with all of the Bills failures in this century, the Jets still have a worse franchise record than the Bills. You are trying to dog the Bills franchise every step of the way, but the Jets still are 5 games behind that franchise you so laugh at. How was the Jets record in the 20th Century? Do we really need to go round and round comparing two teams that are sub .500 in franchise records?

Oh, and Canada is one game. I'm not digging it at all. How do you like farming your entire home schedule out to New Jersey?

Who cares about franchise record? I don't care that you were great in the AFL days or in the early 90s when the AFC stunk. You have a few more wins and ZERO SB wins along w/ ZERO postseaso apps since 2000 and ZERO postseason wins since the mid 90s.

The NEW YORK represents NYC not NY State. We play in the NYC metro area just like Buf plays in the Bu metro area. ER, NJ is closer to NYC than OP is to Buffalo.

I'm not going to sit here and ignore the fact that the Jets made it to 2 AFCCG's, but let's be real here. What does that ultimately prove? It proves the Jets had 2 chances to get it done and they failed. They failed. That's all anyone really puts weight into. Success in this league is measured by super bowl wins, not playoff losses.

I enjoy the team winning, I enjoy the team playing and winning in January. It sure beats never making the playoffs but as long as you guys are happy never competing go ahead and enjoy it.

We're discussing teams here, not individual players or coaches.

OK, since 1974 the Bucs & Saints have been better franchises than the Dolphins- you must agree based on everything else you have said.

OK, since 1974 the Bucs & Saints have been better franchises than the Dolphins- you must agree based on everything else you have said.

You and I continue to agree it seems. The Dolphins haven't been relevant since 1973.

so you think since 1974 TB and NO have had more successful franchises overall?

Yep. You always like to point out that the Dolphins haven't won **** in 40 years. I'm right there with you. Are we really going to spend the next week arguing that the Dolphins haven't won in our lifetimes?

Back
Top Bottom