Wholesale Changes Coming? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wholesale Changes Coming?

Ross won't make any changes and if he does it'll be like maybe one guy as everyone else has done a great job with our annual 7-9 seasons. People that want to keep Gase and company will be happy to be rooting for more of the same next year.

060916-spt-dolphins-ae-10-1024x674.jpg

The trade deadline has passed. Surprise! The Dolphins made no moves at the trade deadline, electing instead to go with the “salvage the season” approach. Like, it’s going to work this time, right? Well, after going 3-1 in September, the Dolphins went 1-3 in October and 1-2 in November. There is no way the Dolphins can win four of their next five games. The Bengals, Texans and Colts all hold the tiebreakers if it comes to that. It won’t.

Sadly, I am at the point, if I wasn’t already, to look beyond this season. Crazy as it may seem, the offseason for the Miami Dolphins is my favorite time of year. Oh sure, there is the emotional high I get when the regular season does roll around, but really for those four months after free agency has begun, after the draft has occurred, after following all the storylines in training camp, I am left to wonder and hope that next year will be our year without actually knowing it and having to deal with it. There is comfort in that.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2018/12/02/wholesale-changes-coming/

Are they gonna stay in Miami?...What are you talking about?

They just spent a fortune on the stadium...acquired future Super-bowls...they are not going anywhere.

I am not quitting on the season till it’s over...we got New England at home...and we must run the table.

Let’s let it loose and see what Tannehill and Gase can do.

I will worry about next year when we are eliminated.

It's really a matter of who is available at QB next year and who is available for HC? If we don't have better options for this next year then we have to go with Tannehill and Gase. There has to be other peripheral changes: Burke, defensive scheme, trainers, etc.

Totally agree. I want change, but only if there are good options to change to. By all accounts, the 2019 draft will be a weak qb class. Worst thing we can do is draft another Tannehill or Henne just for the sake of change. I believe we should have a 2 year plan and start stockpiling picks for the 2020 draft. Use this year's draft to try to shore up the DL and interior OL, maybe draft a true mlb, as raekwon ain't it.

I'd trade Reshad Jones while he still has value. Love him, but we're a couple years away, and we'll just be wasting his prime years. And I'd ask for 2020 picks to maximize the return. Put TJ at SS, Minkah at FS, pay X a truckload and lock him up, keep McCain at slot, and shouldn't be too hard to find a #2 boundary cb.

I think we ride out 2019 with Gase and Tannehill, (maybe on a restructured contract), and look at making our big move up for a franchise qb in 2020. Similar to how Riley and the Heat dumped contracts and accepted a down year to create the ability to go get the Big 3 the following year. Teams like Cleveland and Buffalo have accumulated picks over multiple years to be able to shake things up. We're not a single draft away, especially with a weak QB class. I think we are 2 away if we can have a real plan.

Agreed but Ross has got to strip Gase of playcalling duty and hire a young innovative mind as the Offensive Coordinator. Bad playcalling aside, Gase also needs to get his *** off the bench and watch when the defense is on the field.

You mean Gase should put being a HC first that actually evaluates the entire team instead of pretending to be a glorified OC first?
What a novel approach. Huh, Quick someone tell Gase about it.

I'm not sure what kind of quality experienced OC you can get to come and work under Gase in 1 year and done situation.
Either way, Gase needs to hand off the play calling duties to Loggins?(isn't that our OC?) and start focusing on the picture for the entire team.

If Ross is going to keep him beyond this year then that would be mandatory. Get someone else internally to be the OC and you be a HC!

Nothing will change this off season. A 5 win season and heads would have fallen but 6 is just enough for those in charge to hide behind "progression" and injuries. This franchise really needs a total failure of of season, seems to be the only way to effect the change we desperately need. We are stuck in the nightmare of being the middle of the pack, low ceiling, high enough floor.

Two things: I think the Ballage Wildcat is being completely blown out of proportion. If I recall from the draft, Ballage ran the Wildcat a decent amount in college. He probably was the most experienced to handle the call. And at least Gase did try something different. Regardless...

When an organization and fans pin their hopes on other teams losing in order to feel good about their season or playoff hopes then the organization has already deemed itself a loser. if you want to be a winner you don't worry about what other teams are doing to help you out. You help yourself. When we lost the Indy game we lost the season. When we lost the Cincy game, we lost the season. That's the only fact that has any bearing.

That was our chance to control our destiny.

This team is not worthy of the playoffs. And I don't want a playoff birth to justify keeping this crap show around.

Lose so we can face the truth and force Ross closer to a decisode point. No matter how much he will screw it up. Rich people listen to money. Lose and watch attendance dwindle so far that Ross has to listen. If you want change, hit him in the wallet.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I want change, but only if there are good options to change to. By all accounts, the 2019 draft will be a weak qb class. Worst thing we can do is draft another Tannehill or Henne just for the sake of change. I believe we should have a 2 year plan and start stockpiling picks for the 2020 draft. Use this year's draft to try to shore up the DL and interior OL, maybe draft a true mlb, as raekwon ain't it.

I'd trade Reshad Jones while he still has value. Love him, but we're a couple years away, and we'll just be wasting his prime years. And I'd ask for 2020 picks to maximize the return. Put TJ at SS, Minkah at FS, pay X a truckload and lock him up, keep McCain at slot, and shouldn't be too hard to find a #2 boundary cb.

I think we ride out 2019 with Gase and Tannehill, (maybe on a restructured contract), and look at making our big move up for a franchise qb in 2020. Similar to how Riley and the Heat dumped contracts and accepted a down year to create the ability to go get the Big 3 the following year. Teams like Cleveland and Buffalo have accumulated picks over multiple years to be able to shake things up. We're not a single draft away, especially with a weak QB class. I think we are 2 away if we can have a real plan.

From what I've heard/read, this upcoming class is strong on the defensive side. Lets acquire picks this year. Trade down from the first and pickup 2-3 more picks. Build the trenches, quality backups for the oline and dline, and middle LB. Pickup a backup QB and 2nd CB in free agency. Hope Sitton returns and we get two rookies to shore up our depth on the oline. For 2020: start identifying our Next QB. Mortgage the entire draft, if need be, to acquire that QB. With the lines, defense, WR's (Grant/Wilson)nd TE's (Giesecki/Symthe) in place we should be ready to compete as quickly as our new QB can pick up the system and Pro game::: HOPE.

Gase should be fired but Ross is a moron. Gase needs to have the play calling taken from him. Burke needs to be fired too

Gase should be allowed to finish up his contract. He earned that by making the playoffs for first time in 10 years during his first season. If you are going to tell him how to run his ship you might as well fire him. I will have to disagree with this point as well. I thought I heard CK say Burke was not Gase’s choice during a 3 yds per carry episode, so there is a better than average chance of Burke being gone at the end of the year.

I saw that the Phins D was ranked something like 3rd overall in take-aways. That my help Burke stay.

Nothing will change this off season. A 5 win season and heads would have fallen but 6 is just enough for those in charge to hide behind "progression" and injuries. This franchise really needs a total failure of of season, seems to be the only way to effect the change we desperately need. We are stuck in the nightmare of being the middle of the pack, low ceiling, high enough floor.

Ross will buy the injury excuse, too even though every team deals with injuries every season.

Gase need to let someone else call the plays, he goes away from the good first drive play calling to crap play calling, they didn't have an answer on the first drive so why stop doing it? and Jesse Davis is a body not a good right guard, he get beat badly every game and you blame Tannehill or you looking for the next great one! go ask that offensive Line how well they blocked today, and Ted Larsen is starting he stinks!!!! It's Lucky Tannehill is still alive. Tannehill isn't the problem it's Gase's play calling and the offensive line, it will make no difference whom the QB is he won't have success in Miami until the offensive realize that they have to block people and Gase needs to go with what's working or stop calling plays he is attrocious.

Every time I see Gase sitting on the gd bench during the game, looking at his stupid clipboard I want to throw something at the TV. WTF? He’s either the head coach or the OC, not both. That has to change. Burke needs to be gone. We definitely need to trade R Jones and hopefully Kiko. Cut Wake and offload some of these dumb contracts. If RT won’t take a reduced deal then cut or trade him to Jax. Biggest need IMO is dline, another speed LB, pass rushers, at least one OG, and a bigtime cover corner. I’d try to to get a vet QB like Bridgewater then draft a QB. Resign Gore. That roster should get us in playoffs

Back
Top Bottom